BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what kind of score do you think BvS needs in order to keep good word of mouth for Justice League and future DC superhero films?

I think minimum goal really has to be 80% or above.

Furious 7 is hanging at 82% after all :eek:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

Obviously we have seen some good films with bad scores and the same in reverse, this isn't debating whether it can be a good film with bad score.

I think it will matter some in terms of momentum for the DCMU.

This better be critically acclaimed.

@AngelofDeath,

I wouldn't say that at all. Look in the main thread. Someone posted my thoughts better than I did. I don't want DC films getting critically panned.

This better be critically acclaimed.

I think it has too many problems for that.

I'm standing by my initial view that this was a brilliant script and a mediocre directing job.

I'm standing by my initial view that this was a brilliant script and a mediocre directing job.

Guessing you've seen the film.

El Mayimbe predicts 65%. I hope that's the minimum.

You must just have teh bias against Snyder like all of the critics :o

El Mayimbe predicts 65%. I hope that's the minimum.

I'm usually pretty good at predicting the RT score for most movies..... but for BvS, I literally can't even make a guess. I just don't know how the critics will react to it.

I'm gonna say 60% to 65%.

I'm saying mid-70s. Maybe a little bit higher.

When does the review embargo end exactly? I read 3PM sometime today, but it never stated which time zone.

I think a TON of positive reviews are going to pour in. We may only get a few rotten reviews today. I think it's going to start out very strong.

What a reality it'll be where the MCU's worst film would have a higher RT than BvS.

Today is going to be "gut wrenching". The next 24 hours is going to be crazy as HELL.

Oh man, oh man. What if it gets a surprisingly good rating, what if it is rotten, both possibilities are going to unleash hell on Earth.

I feel RT mostly gives you bragging rights in discussions regarding which movie is better. If you're discussing Man of Steel vs Age of Ultron, people defending Ultron will most likely bring RT into the discussion. People like to use it as a way to validate their own opinions. If the majority agrees with you, then you must be right, and you have the upper hand in the discussion. This is how many people work.

To me RT is not important at all. Many movies i love have low scores, and i bet the sam, you like something. Period. But if you like something, you like something. Period. But there are also those who will shape their opinions after RT scores, and that's sad.

Critics give opinions. They don't decide what is good and what is bad. They simply give opinions, like you and me. Are they fair and unbiased? No, they aren't. A lot of them are fanboys. A lot of them are haters. A lot of them have a list of what they accept and what they don't accept in a movie. A lot of them have agendas and will purposely give a bad rating just to get more attention.

Now, you tell me: Why should i care?

Maybe Superman Returns is better than Man of Steel, because critics said so. All i know is that Superman Returns is a boring movie with a dumb plot, so what critics say means absolutely nothing to me.

I know everyone wants to see the movies they like getting positive feedback. It will eventually shape the way the movie is perceived in the future. If BvS is a daring movie, it will probably not get a very high rating. And the haters will love that, because they will get to nitpick the hell out of the movie and still brag about the fact that most critics agree with them.

Looks like many cities in India are gonna show BvS from 24th evening onwards. This is a good sign.

That guys Justice League reviews already pre-written too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"