BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do find it a little humorous that it has now dipped to 28%, the reality of it is there is no way this movie is worse than a Bayformer sequel. Not in a million years. Those movies are the lowest common denominator. I despise everything they represent (except the 1st film).

I'm not a Michael Bay fan by any stretch of the imagination, but at least those films try to have some sort of fun with the material and aren't dark, dreary, pretentious and preachy.

Transformers 3 is better than BvS imo. It has more fun, better action scenes and a cleaner plot.

Between the box office prediction thread and this RT thread, this is a trainwreck and I can't take my eyes off of it.

Between the box office prediction thread and this RT thread, this is a trainwreck and I can't take my eyes off of it.

Wait till next weekend. People will be abandoning this thread like rats off the Titanic. It's going to be awful

Poni, i'm expecting a mundane 65% second weekend dropoff.

Wait till next weekend. People will be abandoning this thread like rats off the Titanic. It's going to be awful

I don't see that happening. I see more people being attracted to this forum. I think there is a morbid fascination at what is happening with this film. I read online that one reason for this is "because it pays to scrutinise dangers that could threaten one's survival." which makes me sad because it is developing into a classic case study of how NOT to make a CBM as well as how NOT to build a cinematic universe.

Another reason people love trainwrecks is "our attraction to the macabre is, on some level, a desire to experience someone else's suffering. We yearn to empathise...since empathy helps us forge close bonds, which are essential for survival."

I feel horrible for the producers but more so to those fans that have invested so much emotionally. Fans who have given their time to following the film's development and production, ultimately paying their hard earned money for a premium ticket to watch it in IMAX. Fans who have collected the comic books and grew up as children looking up to these symbols of hope and heroism, looking forward to seeing the day these two titans met on the big screen.

The child inside me laments that my heroes could make our own world look gentle in comparison.

Last edited:
This actually dropped to 28%. I thought it had finally settled on 29%. It's just one review short of 200 rotten reviews.

I agree with the critics that BvS is half the movie MoS was.

Transformers 3 is better than BvS imo. It has more fun, better action scenes and a cleaner plot.

It has a better action scene(s) than Batman's warehouse fight? Somehow, I doubt that. (I hate those movies, too.)

If I had to compare BvS to MoS, I think as a 'movie' MoS is better, as in the plot line is more coherent but I think BvS's 'highs' are way higher. And MoS doesn't have a character who comes close to being as interesting as Bruce Wayne and Batman.

It has a better action scene(s) than Batman's warehouse fight? Somehow, I doubt that. (I hate those movies, too.)

Watch the LALO jump out of the back of the carrier into Chicago and tell me that isn't a spectacular action sequence. It's real too. Only CG are the robots fighting.

Transformers 3 and this are comparable in that they both had me nodding off.

You seem to take a perverse liking to that thought. It's like you really want this movie to fail.

Watch the LALO jump out of the back of the carrier into Chicago and tell me that isn't a spectacular action sequence. It's real too. Only CG are the robots fighting.

Link me to it so I can watch it.

You seem to take a perverse liking to that thought. It's like you really want this movie to fail.

Not at all. But like I said earlier, the fallout from this movie is like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. It already hit the wall but it's crumpling soooo slowly, and the people on board/actors just now realized they're gonna die because the conductor was too busy texting to notice he took them all off the ****ing tracks.

Do I want this to fail? No. Will I look away while it does? Not until it hurts my eyes.

Not at all. But like I said earlier, the fallout from this movie is like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. It already hit the wall but it's crumpling soooo slowly, and the people on board/actors just now realized they're gonna die because the conductor was too busy texting to notice he took them all off the ****ing tracks.

Do I want this to fail? No. Will I look away while it does? Not until it hurts my eyes.

He's right. All of your exaggerations and interest in seeing negative reactions to this are strange.

It reminds me of all the hate and backlash for Iron Man 2 and 3 I saw on the internet, with people hoping it didn't make any money, calling it a travesty, and nitpicking the hell out of them. It's honestly weird to want to see a movie of all things fail.

I thought TDKRises sucked but not one single time did I give a damn about how much money it made, nor did I get a weird satisfaction out of over analyzing the hell out of box office details or ratings. I certainly didn't waste any time arguing on the internet with people that liked it or waste time hoping it would fail.

He's right. All of your exaggerations and interest in seeing negative reactions to this are strange.

It reminds me of all the hate and backlash for Iron Man 2 and 3 I saw on the internet, with people hoping it didn't make any money, calling it a travesty, and nitpicking the hell out of them. It's honestly weird to want to see a movie of all things fail.

I thought TDKRises sucked but not one single time did I give a damn about how much money it made, nor did I get a weird satisfaction out of over analyzing the hell out of box office details or ratings. I certainly didn't waste any time arguing on the internet with people that liked it or waste time hoping it would fail.

It's the digital media syndrome, negativity has a perverse and satisfying hold on people and they aren't happy expressing it once, the dead horse that is BvS will only stop being beaten when JL's release is a few months away.

Until then the hate mongers and the fanboys alike will be going back and forth perpetually.

It's the digital media syndrome, negativity has a perverse and satisfying hold on people and they aren't happy expressing it once, the dead horse that is BvS will only stop being beaten when JL's release is a few months away.

Until then the hate mongers and the fanboys alike will be going back and forth perpetually.

It just weirds me out that I see people saying things like "I wish Thor 2's box office and RT score reflected how ****** the movie actually was."

I mean Goddamn, I thought Thor 2 was a little underwhelming but people take it to an extreme.

In general I find the business side of filmmaker to be interesting (as do a lot of other people). It's interesting to see what does and doesn't resonate with audiences and what possible underlying factors play a role in a films success or failure.

With that said I'm not rooting for this film to fail or succeed. I don't get a cut of any of the profits. The only downside for me is that I dislike Zack Snyder's take on Superman, so the movie doing well means we'll get more of that take. I'm still not going to root for it to fail though, a lot of people like Snyder's Superman.

Discussing films can be fun as long as people are respectful and don't approach it with the intent of trying to change someones mind about a movie they like or dislike. I've NEVER in my life seen someone talk someone else into liking or disliking a movie.

I usually use RT as a guide for whether or not to watch a movie I am taking a chance on but;

a) RT isn't going to stop me watching a movie I want to watch or make me go to a movie I don't want to watch

b) If I like or dislike a movie I couldn't care less about the RT score. Of course I want my opinion validated but RT isn't going to CHANGE my opinion.

If you like BvS then who cares about RT?
I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane and I thought it was utter, utter **** but it has a 90% on RT.

Regardless of what you and I think of the movie, I wonder what effect, if any, the delaying of the critics screening had on their mood, when writing the reviews. Just something that's been on my mind after reading something earlier. I remember one or two other movies doing the same thing and that infuriated these self entitled critics, so they bashed the movie they were reviewing. I say self entitled in the fact that they want the studios to give them everything first and VIP type experience. I guess we could compare it to those pretentious food critics that need to be treated like royalty besides having good food. :D

You completely lost me at better action scenes ( actually you never had me but better action scenes seems incomprehensible to me)

That's probably part of our problem here. Both sides can't really understand the other. I know the majority of complaints literally make no sense to me and the ones that do seem to be wrapped in hyperbole and then attached to ones that make no sense. Super:gngl: different way of looking at things.

The characters both seem to make people Bat**** crazy and everyone has their favorite version which is the "right" one. According to Keven Smith there was a fistfight on the theater over the movie. As I said, crazy.

Regardless of what you and I think of the movie, I wonder what effect, if any, the delaying of the critics screening had on their mood, when writing the reviews. Just something that's been on my mind after reading something earlier. I remember one or two other movies doing the same thing and that infuriated these self entitled critics, so they bashed the movie they were reviewing. I say self entitled in the fact that they want the studios to give them everything first and VIP type experience. I guess we could compare it to those pretentious food critics that need to be treated like royalty besides having good food. :D

Critics screenings get delayed all the time and the screenings for Batman V Superman honestly weren't delayed that much.

Again, most of the critics reviews are saying "It's ok, but very flawed". People keep acting as if there's this HUGE gulf between critics reviews and fan reviews and that's just not accurate. The average critic review has it at 5/10 just from what I see around here the people that like the movie I'm constantly seeing people give it 6 or 7 out of 10. Even fans that love the film are saying they see the same flaws, just that they still enjoyed the film in spite of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"