BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I can now fully appreciate how spectacularly bad BVS is. I did not need Civil War for that but after seeing it, it does highlight all of BVS's shortcomings.

I had one guy tell me he waited until Civil War came out to see BvS. Told me watched them back to back so that he could use Civil War as a "palette cleanser".

Ouch. I wanted that movie to be awesome, too. :(

Sucks for me that the characters I care about most are the ones being mishandled. I'm unashamedly envious of you Marvel guys.

I'm more Marvel than DC, but I root for both. My boy is 4, and LOVES Batman (as do I). He enjoyed BvS, as did my little girl (who loves WW).

For that reason, I don't outright hate it, but, as an adult, the flaws are painfully obvious. Like, Two-Face obvious.

Well BvS wont be alone looks like early reviews coming in xmen Apocalypse is getting butchered. Ughh this coulda been the greatest cbm year ever. Lets cross our fingers Suicide Squad and Dr strange dont dissapoint.

Well BvS wont be alone looks like early reviews coming in xmen Apocalypse is getting butchered. Ughh this coulda been the greatest cbm year ever. Lets cross our fingers Suicide Squad and Dr strange dont dissapoint.

This was bound to happen. Some of them had to fail. If SS and Doctor Strange do well that is 4 out of 6. Pretty good score if you ask me.

Looks like BvS might not be alone in their rotten purgatory in this year's comic book lineup.

Sucks for me that the characters I care about most are the ones being mishandled. I'm unashamedly envious of you Marvel guys.

Don't be; you should be celebrating right alongside of them. A win for one "side", if they can even be called that, is a win for us all if you ask me. These flicks are there for all of us to enjoy (or not; to each, their own).

Looks like BvS might not be alone in their rotten purgatory in this year's comic book lineup.

Yeah ... :csad:

If Doctor Strange is a hit with audiences and critics, that's great and all ... But in a way, it's also not good, because Marvel's current competition is DC/WB and Fox. Would be a real shame if the only "rotten" CBMs this year are from other studios.

Good thing Deadpool was such a big hit for Fox.

I hate BvS and all, and I overall love Marvel Studios ... But Marvel needs to have competition. Competition in quality is GOOD for the genre.

Yeah. Not much Marvel can do about that though.

WB continues to take the wrong messages away from Nolan's and the MCU's successes, whereas Fox continues to hire one of the worst screenwriters in the business. They're doing themselves no favors.

Yeah ... :csad:

If Doctor Strange is a hit with audiences and critics, that's great and all ... But in a way, it's also not good, because Marvel's current competition is DC/WB and Fox. Would be a real shame if the only "rotten" CBMs this year are from other studios.

Good thing Deadpool was such a big hit for Fox.

I hate BvS and all, and I overall love Marvel Studios ... But Marvel needs to have competition. Competition in quality is GOOD for the genre.

There's a weird comparison here between Disney/Marvel and Amazon. Both are crushing the opposition in their respective fields simply because they're doing a better job than anyone else. Everyone else is just making it easy for them by making dumb decisions.

uh oh. Reviews for Apocalypse are out.

Time for you guys to start forming your opinions based on em

Don't be; you should be celebrating right alongside of them. A win for one "side", if they can even be called that, is a win for us all if you ask me. These flicks are there for all of us to enjoy (or not; to each, their own).

Oh, I am. I just wish that the characters I have an emotional attachment to were being treated just as well. The Marvel movies are okay, and I don't begrudge them their success, but I've always been more of a DC fan.

That actually sounds intelligent!
Wait...you were being sarcastic, weren't you?
Oh, well. Swing and a miss.

Oh, I am. I just wish that the characters I have an emotional attachment to were being treated just as well. The Marvel movies are okay, and I don't begrudge them their success, but I've always been more of a DC fan.

It takes a truly cynical SOB to blatantly hate something to the point of wanting it to fail. I can be that guy, sometimes, but not when it comes to comic movies. Marvel and DC have been in this game since the beginning (Marvel was originally Timely, but I digress), and they both earn my respect. I tend to lean more Marvel than DC, but I love Batman and his family/villains.

Those who are militantly for one and against the other do a grave disservice to both.

The reviews are stronger compared to BvS so at least there's something to be positive about.

It's so funny to me, I've been losing followers on tumblr over my views of BVS.

To give you guys an example, I had this screencapped a month ago...

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/141826019679

How dare you not like something they blindly follow!!

That's just sad. I almost wonder if there is a tiny little support group of people who just sit there and lie to each other about how good this film is.

I'm not saying that all DC fans have been acting badly towards Batman v Superman's critical response ... But there are QUITE a lot of ash flash fans when it comes to this movie. Like, viciously ash flash (don't see it much on these boards; seen it on a lot of other sites, though).

An acquaintance of mine (someone I know through a friend), legit got in my face over my opinion about the movie. She commented some personally nasty stuff on my Facebook and then yelled at me when we crossed paths in some public place. All I did was post a silly little webcomic on my personal Facebook that poked some fun at how dark DC's current Superman movies are (didn't say that people who like the film are dumb, didn't say DC sucks, didn't say people were "wrong" about their opinions; none of that). This chick went as far as to comment on some of my engagement photos I posted for family members to see, just to mock the dress I was wearing. I eventually blocked her.

Funniest thing is that I'm almost 30, and this chick is around 35 or 36. Priorities, lady. We all have our opinions (and it's 100% fine if we don't see eye-to-eye), but it's just a bloody movie. :funny:

The fanboys must have gotten butt hurt.

That's just sad. I almost wonder if there is a tiny little support group of people who just sit there and lie to each other about how good this film is.

And the funny thing is I still follow that blog... least to say that blog has gotten worse since it came out.

I can confirm that is exactly what happens.

Let's NOT belittle the fans who liked the movie, please.

Rotten, fresh, rotten... Does that mean Suicide Squad will be fresh and Dr. Strange will be rotten? :wow:

Rotten, fresh, rotten... Does that mean Suicide Squad will be fresh and Dr. Strange will be rotten? :wow:

I'm going to be hopeful and say that both will be fresh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"