BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daredevil Director's Cut is legit a much better film.

Yeah Snyder needs a tight leash, if he doesn't agree to that, bye bye.

Audience Score:
86%
Average Rating: 4.4 of 5
User Ratings : 118,577

To be fair, there are probably a good chunk of those who haven't seen the film and just rated it. I think the WOM will be good though.

Grace Randolph on the current situation

CeP6j1IXIAA3Ohu.jpg:large

Honestly, if all the negativity is coming from "It's too serious and it's not fun" then I am probably going to enjoy it.

Posted last night by @Matt. I think we've cycled all these stages in less than 24 hours

Stages of internet fanboy RottenTomatoes grief:

Denial: Its only 20 reviews! It'll turn around! Wait til the comic blogs start coming in!

Angry rage: DAMNIT! **** SNYDER! **** WARNERS! **** EVERYONE!

Self-blame: Why did I let myself get my hopes up?

False hope: Wait, 2 good reviews have come in for the last 10 bad reviews! There is a sign that it'll turn around! Its starting to turn around!

More rage: DAMNIT! I HATE YOU SNYDER!

Blame of others: What idiots these critics are! They don't like the tone!? Boo hoo! You just want the movie to be the way you want it to be rather than what it is! You just all hate Snyder. Haters.

Rationalizing the flaws: No humor!? Its not supposed to be funny! Clearly the critics just don't get it!

Conspiracy: Still under 50 %? I bet this is Marvel's fault.

EDIt: And just FYI I'm still sticking to my original 65% RT prediction (which I got crapped on for) until I see it again tonight

Honestly, if all the negativity is coming from "It's too serious and it's not fun" then I am probably going to enjoy it.

From what I'm reading that's not the case
I'm also hearing a lot about the script just not being good in terms of characters

To those that have seen it, without spoilers is there really very little action in it?

i already know i'll like this film just for this version of batman. still, can't say i'm not disappointed at the critical reception.

To those that have seen it, without spoilers is there really very little action in it?
Not at all. There's plenty in there, it's just surrounded by a lot of subplot. I think the surrounding baggage is clouding the perception of how much kinetic movement there actually is. If this were a 2-hour cut, I'd bet people would say this was too action-packed.

Yeah that was a strange thing for Grace to say. It sounds like the film leans into the action too much.

Grace's opinion is utterly shocking. I never imagined she's sit and gush calling it a 'near perfect' film. Comparing Snyder to Kubrick, talking of ambition and a cleverly written script etc etc.

In saying that, I've disagreed with her many times before so it's hard to know if that bodes well for me or if it doesn't. I'll find out Friday! which actually doesn't seem far away now with my anticipation being so much less now.

So I don't feel AS pathetic that I wrote my own version of BvS during the whole "leaked screenplay" incident.

I am curious about this. Why do people not want a fun movie? I am not talking funny, but fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"