BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure snyder is a nice guy in real life and comes off like he genuinely wants to please fans in interviews

Um no. This guy is quoted as saying fanboys that don't like his Superman don't want the character to grow up.

brace for impact, we have officially hit Paul Blart territory

WSdJZbi.jpg

Now its obvious the reviewers are trying to get low for a laugh

So were all in agreement that Zack Snyder needs to be removed from the DCEU and all things DC right?

Even if this movie gets over a billion, he still has to go. Under a 30% on RT is pretty shocking when it has Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in it. And there's no way he's going to get the buzz for Justice League that he got for this movie.

Yeah, I might love the movie. But I still want it to be received well by other people. The reception is going to be average at best. I think the legs are going to be decent at best. He's had too many mixed to rotten reviewed movies to stay on as director for a big franchise. He's punching well above his weight.

I was fooled by the marketing that this movie will actually be a great movie, but I doubt it's anymore than a good movie. I'm not falling for Snyder's marketing anymore.

If you do a Batman/Supeman film and a kid cries watching it,

YOU ****ED UP NO ANDS IFS OR BUTS ABOUT IT

Um no. This guy is quoted as saying fanboys that don't like his Superman don't want the character to grow up.

Did he say that? Never heard him say it. I hate to say it but the character does need to change

Now its obvious the reviewers are trying to get low for a laugh
You are right. They are taking precious time out of their busy lives to contact critics they don't personally know to downvote a superhero movie for fun.

**Quote removed**

I'm an Army vet with bullet in my chest from a tour in Iraq. Nobody can accuse me of being a wuss. I can take the roughest thing you throw at me. But kids are another story. You protect them from the atrocities of the world until they're old enough to handle it. Superheroes are symbols of hope. They set examples. This movie is a dangerous precedent. It's void of hope. It's nihilistic. The world is awful. these movies shouldn't reflect that.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard Snyder was still on board after Man of Steel I was no longer invested in what was coming in the DC universe. I could tell he had no idea how to handle the character.

How relevant is this rotten tomatoes?

Roughly 7 out of every 10 critics don't like or hate the movie. And every critic has different tastes. This surely can't be a coincidence.... The movie must be awful to people that aren't DC fans. This movie might please the DC fans, but I can't see it being more than a good movie.

You are right. They are taking precious time out of their busy lives to contact critics they don't personally know to downvote a superhero movie for fun.

Ever heard of doing whats cool at the time and popular

By the way, I simply cannot WAIT to listen to Korey and Martin's "Double Toasted" review on this. I keep checking my YouTube subscription box.

Did he say that? Never heard him say it. I hate to say it but the character does need to change

Yes he said that. You are right the character needs change after what Snyder's doing to him.

I'm intrigued to see how these reviews affect the box office. It'll be a big big problem if this movie doesn't get its financial return.

I wish I could say any of this is surprising, but it's not. Since before MOS came out, I've been saying Snyder and WB don't know how to handle these properties. Hell, two years before MOS came out Snyder was on record saying he doesn't wanna do Superman because he's never understood the character, which was made grossly obvious when MOS was released. In regards to Superman specifically, WB has ruined the reputation of the character in the mainstream. Batman will survive this. Superman may not.

Poni_boy, I really hope you're yanking our chain with that theater response. I just can't fathom a movie, let alone a superhero movie, so bad that you've got kids walking out of the theater crying.

It's sounds unbelievable. And if it's not then...

I REALLY can't wait see this movie.

Geek out. Nerd out. It's made for adult fanboys and girls. I have no problem with that. Kick Ass was like that.. But this is Superman. And Batman. And Wonder Woman. If you can't make a movie about them tha instills a glimmer of hope or promise or heroism then you have failed the next generation of fans.

Roughly 7 out of every 10 critics don't like or hate the movie. And every critic has different tastes. This surely can't be a coincidence.... The movie must be awful to people that aren't DC fans. This movie might please the DC fans, but I can't see it being more than a good movie.

Even the positive reviews are only borderline positive.

So were all in agreement that Zack Snyder needs to be removed from the DCEU and all things DC right?

That and Paul Dini and Bruce Timm need to get their asses to work on fixing this sinking ship.

I'm an Army vet with bullet in my chest from a tour in Iraq. Nobody can accuse me of being a wuss. I can take the roughest thing you throw at me. But kids are another story. You protect them from the atrocities of the world until they're old enough to handle it. Superheroes are symbols of hope. They set examples. This movie is a dangerous precedent. It's void of hope. It's nihilistic. The world is awful. these movies shouldn't reflect that.

You're an army vet with a bullet in your chest (thanks for serving) and also gets to hang out at pre-screenings and at SDCC with Jason Momoa and Tom Hardy and you get to write and watch movies for a living (which I'm guessing since you write on Gotham-News).

Can you like give us a flaw you have lol

Even the positive reviews are only borderline positive.

Yeah, the most shocking part is.... this movie could have been well lower. The best review I've seen for this movie is from the BBC and they only gave it a 4 out of 5.

I'm not saying you're a wuss. I don't know you enough to do that.

But I am saying that perhaps...you're taking things a tad too far.

Do you know these kids? Do you know what they were crying about? Were they really 10 years old, as you said?

BvS's rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of violence and action throughout, and some sensuality)

It's up to parents to read this (or perhaps ask around/look at reviews) and decide if they should take their kids. It's not up to this or any movie to cater to any audience but its target one, which in this case is a little older. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's ok to have multiple versions of these characters. Perhaps this version of these characters is for older kids and adults, while other versions are for younger kids. It's not an offense against humanity for a film to target older people.

To be fair, the whole kids crying thing has happened before with Batman with BR.

This is starting to sound a lot like the Batman Returns situation actually. Snyder, like Burton doubles down on everything, goes balls to the wall dark, but ends up alienating a lot of people.

Funny thing is, I loved Batman Returns as a kid though. But then again, this isn't just a Batman movie. Welp, 6pm tomorrow, Lincoln Square IMAX...I'll find out what all the fuss it all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"