"By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 6

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jul 1, 2014.

1. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

Right after they kissed they should have went full "Monsters Ball" in the temple as one last goodbye not caring who was watching.

2. Rike

Rike Crazy

3. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Registered

Talk about XXXMen. :o

4. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

That wouldn't happen because the film would have been rated-R. Though it might have been included in the XXXtended cut. lolz.

5. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Still amazes me that FOX will give Gambit a solo film, but the most popular X-Men/Woman of Marvel with one of the most popular actresses in HW can't get her own film?

6. psylockolussus

That Gambit isn't a 100% done deal yet and I hope it doesn't happen.

But yes if there's a X-Men character that should headline a solo movie other than the Wolverine, its Storm! And I think since Storm is Halle Berry's most popular role in my opinion, it should do well enough at the box-office.

7. HIA

HIA Registered

Gambit is way more obvious as a choice, lol. yeah Storm is the most famous X-Woman, but giving her a movie never was a good idea, because her movie version is not well liked at all.

Gambit is one of the most popular male X-Men since the 90s show, we all know that, and the demand of his character has always been there, so being the industry male lead-friendly, it was just a matter of time for Fox to exploit the character in a big way.

8. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

Actually I've found that Berry is very well liked by the GA as Storm especially the ones with no prior knowledge of Storm. Its the fans who actually know Storm from the comics who have a problem with her portrayal.

I want a Storm and Wolverine team up film that isn't XTLS.

Gambit has quite the interesting backstory so a solo film with him could be very great but they need to avoid stuffing random mutants that have nothing to do with the film for fan service.

9. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Registered

^I've only heard the opposite from the GA. Everyone I know says "why didn't they get Angela Basset?"

10. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

A girl I used to work with said no one else could do the role justice outside of Halle to which I laughed and said Angela Bassett could've done better and she goes 'who's that', lol. I had to list almost every damn movie with Bassett in it before finally getting to American Horror Story before she even knew who I was talking about. I just haven't heard anyone outside of people who know comics and Storm express hate for Halle In the role.

11. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Registered

Maybe you just haven't been paying attention then because on message boards of all kinds people who are just casual fans have been saying that since before the first film even came out.

Even if it isn't AB it is Iman or some other actress or model who resembles hand has more of a "fierce" "heroic" look about her.

12. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Though her role was limited, I felt Halle Berry actually embodied the true Storm we all love in Days Of Future Past. Granted, that's not enough to erase the blunders the character suffered in the previous films, but even I as a love/hate fan of Halle have to admit she was damn convincing this year as the Weather Witch.

13. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Registered

Oh heck yes she almost makes up for the mishandling they did to her for sure in DOFP. I too think either Phoenix Endsong should have been it's own movie with Famke as the lead or Halle's Storm in her own film long before a Gambit movie starring Channing freaking Tatum. :whatever:

14. psylockolussus

I think the discussion of that Angela Bassett should have been cast as Storm is mostly for comic-book film fanatics and movie fans... but the general audience, they probably have no idea that actress was considered to portray Storm.... That being said, I think Halle Berry was popular to the casual viewers portraying Storm.

I also think if Storm was given much importance like similar to Wolverine, a solo movie would have consideration for Fox.

And you could same thing to Rogue, Jean, Cyclops, Beast or whoever regularly appeared in the 90s show. And I think the demand for Gambit is mostly to appear and work with the X-Men rather than headline his solo movie.

15. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

Like I said the people I've spoken to just randomly be it a work, school, or wherever who know next to nothing about x-men think she's great. That obviously doesn't mean I think that everyone in the GA is happy with her but I do think that the majority like her.

And to me Storm in DOFP was nothing more than an extended cameo of her X2 portrayal which is perhaps her best portrayal in the films.

#290 CB Fan, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  16. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Registered

I'm not disagreeing about anything you have said I'm just stating a fact of the samples of people I've seen in not just face to face but from online experience. I agree X2 was howler best performance. Best portrayal of the character I think goes to DOFP.

17. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I think that if FOX knew was Storm as disliked by the GA then they wouldn't have wasted their time bringing back Berry or giving into her demands for X3, so the studio must think she is important enough.

And a solo movie could've really been a make it or break it for both FOX and Halle Berry as Storm. They could finally give the character the treatment she deserved all along.

18. OroroDaGoddess

OroroDaGoddess Whether Witch

I totally agree with you. "Days of Future Past" was the best I've ever seen Halle and Storm. Majority of the people who didn't really like Halle as Storm, really enjoyed her in the movie. I think if they really put there all into it. They can really make a great, successful solo movie of her.

19. psylockolussus

Halle Berry / Storm was one of the most recognizable things about the original trilogy. I don't know about the consensus of the entire casual audience but my mom loved Storm in X2 and my female cousin who just saw the original trilogy this year (in preparation for DOFP) said Storm was her favorite because she has cool powers and she didn't even mind that Storm got small role in DOFP, she still liked her.

I just think Fox and company just don't enough passion for Storm to give her enough character development. Even Halle Berry knows this right, like she said on Empire that she doesn't think Storm would get her own film because Storm is underdeveloped in the movies.

20. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Registered

The actual character was the main draw for Fox remember that Bryan didn't even like/want the characters to appear in the first film but the studio demanded based on the characters popularity. Halle became a draw in her own right and that made her more bankable. I don't know if it was based on people liking her as the character or just liking Halle in general. Similar to Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

But I digress.

21. RLAAMJR.

RLAAMJR. Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

22. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Has anyone see this concept art of Storm?

[​IMG]

I like her hair in these pictures. I must say also that Halle really looks like Storm.

23. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Registered

Lupita would be perfect for the role but she may be too old for where they want to go with her.

24. psylockolussus

Those concept arts are pretty!

25. RLAAMJR.

RLAAMJR. Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Fellow Storm fans, spread the word:

Free digital Storm #1 comic from 11/25/14 12:01PM EST until 12/01/14 12AM EST.

[​IMG]

Once you have registered and have the app, you may simply click the link below to get straight to Storm #1 comic:
    https://comicstore.marvel.com/Storm-2014/digital-comic/34274

Click "Buy Comic" button and click the "cart (1 item)" button found on the upper right side of page. The next page will be asking for the promo code so you can buy it for free.

If you prefer comiXology to get the free comic, get here: https://www.comixology.com/Storm-20...um=socialmedia&utm_campaign=s141125_SaveStorm

Spread the news and enjoy reading! [​IMG]

Support the #SaveStorm hashtag campaign.