Days of Future Past Caleb Landry Jones cast as Banshee

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
at this point it hasnt been 100% confirmed by there is alot of rumour suggested Caleb is going to be playing Banshee

What a waste of a thread.

There might as well be breaking news that "Some Nobody is being cast as Background Character #1"

by the length of his resume(if he is in fact up for the role) I assume that Banshee's role isn't much more then a cameo or background character. which is kind of a shame...

(also, not very impressed with his looks for the role, sorry)

You would think that when it actually came down to a character with a rich ethnic background in the comics, they would follow through with that, but no - Xavier's Scottish in the movie, while Banshee's from Texas.

Except Xavier is an englishman being played by a Scotsman. :huh:

I dont like that he's a teen. Id rather he be a grown man and teacher

Except Xavier is an englishman being played by a Scotsman. :huh:

An Englishman played by a Scotsman who is playing a character who was originally American. Fox has got this stuff in the bag.

It'd be cool to get a Gen X vibe for this movie, but we don't really know for sure what the situation is - it isn't even confirmed that Banshee will have a starring role, so we're just guessing at the moment

Wait, so you'd rather have an American actor play a younger version of Patrick Stewart?

An Englishman played by a Scotsman who is playing a character who was originally American. Fox has got this stuff in the bag.

Well, since we've already had an Australian playing a Canadian, a Scotsman playing a German, and a New Zealander playing a Southerner in the previous films...nothing's really new here. Don't see any reason to go off on it now.

Wait, so you'd rather have an American actor play a younger version of Patrick Stewart?

I'm fine with whatever they choose, I thought the :huh: meant that you had a problem with a Scottish actor playing an Englishman, so I only wanted to confound the situation further.

Well, since we've already had an Australian playing a Canadian, a Scotsman playing a German, and a New Zealander playing a Southerner in the previous films...nothing's really new here. Don't see any reason to go off on it now.

Not to mention an American playing the brother of that Australian playing a Canadian :p. But I don't have any beef with this, I just thought it'd be a missed opportunity not to cast an Irish actor to play Sean.

Getting rather bored of casting rumours.

I remember how many there were for X3 that turned out to be phoney or didn't work out.

Just wish we had official confirmations/announcements.

Even the more reliable breaking news sites are now prone to enhancing stories to make them sound more solid than they actually are. Peter Jackson directing The Hobbit? I don't think so. No one will be directing anything in any way linked to MGM while the studio is trying to claw itself from collapse and find a new owner.

Which he always has been. Banshee even considered turning down being an X-Man in Giant Sized due to how close he was to Xavier in age.

Despite this being a kind of reboot, the story will follow on from x-men origins wolverine...

think about it, in x2, Banshee, Emma Frost...all names on the computer in strykers lab, in wolverine movie, they were both captive mutants...

Now banshee and Emma frost are definate characters going to appear so in that theory.

We must be following on from were the kids escaped and found xavier at 3 mile island. so Banshee would be a teen.

plus ive always considered xavier to be portrayed younger in the comics than his patrick stewart version who is obviously older...

Prequel.
Prequel.
Prequel.
Prequel.

plus ive always considered xavier to be portrayed younger in the comics than his patrick stewart version who is obviously older...
Xavier's age is dubious and very debateable in the comics. Early issues of X-Men told his origin showing him as a mere child during the events of Nagasaki and Hiroshema, making him no more than early thirties by the time X-Men #1 starts. However from his manuerisms you'd expect him to be in the forties or fifties. Over the years, and by the events of the Phoenix Saga it's pretty clear they aged him a good bit, clearly stating he was old enough to be Cyclops' father (something which wouldn't have made sense with his original origin story).

It's really dependent on the transition and interrelationship between Xavier and Magneto and Magneto's ties to the events of WWII that would affect their true ages. Depending on the universe and continuity, Xavier &/or Magneto could be anywhere from late 30's to mid-late 60's.

Jeez---do we really need that much order around here?

We're not necessarily booming with activity as it is... :(

How long before X-Men does this film take place? Banshee's 13 year old daughter had a cameo in X2.

It's hypothesized that all three of the X-Men movies occur somewhere between 2004 and 2006.

Let's assume 2005 and Siryn is 13--So she was born in 1992.

Using X-Men Origins: W as a guide, I would expect that the First Class of mutants era begins around 1990. So, assuming Banshee appears in the movie during this time and is close to Jones' real age, it would mean that Siryn was born when Banshee was barely in his mid twenties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"