Call Of Duty: Black Ops - 2

Donut

Avenger
Reaction score
http://fusible.com/2012/01/sequel-m...ision-secretly-acquires-blackops2-com-domain/

A sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops, one of the best-selling games of all-time, may seem more likely as it appears Activision has secretly acquired the domain name blackops2.com.

First registered in May 2010 shortly after Black Ops was announced, the domain remained under Whois privacy up until this week using Go Daddy’s Domains by Proxy service.

Now, the domain blackops2.com (Whois) has switched from Domains by Proxy to the privacy service provided by internet brand protection company MarkMonitor, who caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client.

In August, I reported that Activision went through MarkMonitor to buy up a slew of Black Ops domains, all the way up to BlackOps6.com.

Missing from the list was blackops2.com.

A deal has now apparently been struck.

Treyarch, the development studio behind Call of Duty: Black Ops, hasn’t officially gone on record to say it is creating a sequel. But with all these domain acquisitions, signs point to a Black Ops 2 being a very strong possibility in 2012.

If a cash amount was paid, the sale price of the domain will likely remain unknown, as the previous owner’s identity and contact information were hidden through Go Daddy’s privacy service.

As of today, BlackOps2.com does not resolve a web page.

tumblr_l7n418DNCP1qb00y6o1_500.jpg

I guess this will be announced at E3 2012

Hm. I wonder what happened to "Iron Wolf".

I guess this will be announced at E3 2012

Nah, it usually happens in April or May.

I can't wait. MW3 is cool & all, but I feel that Treyarch is the superior COD developer now.

I've enjoyed MW3 so far, but I agree. Black Ops has been the best one since COD4.

Killstreaks aside I thought Black Ops was a great combination of solid campaign, fun multiplayer and crazy Zombies action. I think it would be the right decision to stick with this line rather than revert to World War II straightaway and I think it could hold its own (in sales) against the Modern Warfare series.

Really loved black ops because it has zombies. Now i have skyrim, arkham city, battlefield 3, and fallout 3 goty, but i still go back to black ops sometimes just for zombies

I like Black Ops multiplayer structure better than MW3. So, i'm excited for Black Ops 2.

I personally will never play or buy a MW game again. I'm sticking with the Black Ops series or whatever it may come

That's funny, I will personally never buy another COD game.

I wouldnt say I'd never play another CoD game, but Iv become so bored with the franchise that it'd take a major overhaul of the series to bring me back.

I think Treyarch is going to revive the series. They seem much more involved with the community, so they definitely know of the complaints that the series has been receiving lately.

It doesn't need to be revived. It sells a billion copies every year. They aren't going to change anything until they start losing sales.

I eagerly await what Bungie and Respawn are working on. At least one of them will evolve the FPS multiplayer focused genre to the next level.

I eagerly await what Bungie and Respawn are working on. At least one of them will evolve the FPS multiplayer focused genre to the next level.

Personally I think both of these developers are over-rated and haven't evolved anything. They have populized. And the way in which they done it was to take away skill based elements.

Personally I think both of these developers are over-rated and haven't evolved anything. They have populized. And the way in which they done it was to take away skill based elements.

Halo legitimized FPS games on consoles, and COD4 dethroned it. Yes both franchises were milked to death afterwards, but they both evolved the console FPS genre forward. The next COD and the next Halo certainly aren't going to be game changers, I think the best chance this type of game has at being fresh is from these two studios' new IPs.

Halo legitimized FPS games on consoles, and COD4 dethroned it.

I thought that was Goldeneye. It received world wide acclaim and sold over 8 million copies without any pc interference.

I still seems like popularizing to me. Practically all of these elements existing before hand. In the case of Call Of Dutys single player, practically nothing has changed, it's archaic, and not in the good doom way. I think the only reason o Halo and Call Of Duty are popular is because of accessibility which means more sales. Which is why other developers copied it (and continue to copy them). Personally, I don't consider this a good thing at all. If we look at the spectrum at a whole, this is streamlining and accessibility is going more and more in that direction. Coke can production line games with the gaming media telling you what to buy based on who has the most money for a PR team.

I feel consoles have had a pretty negative effect on the quility first person shooters and generally continue to do so. Not just on the pc for the specific genre of "fps" but other genres canniblized into COD such as turn based games, isometric games and strategy games. On the console side, the actual games consoles excel at, platformers, beat em up, racing games e.t.c... have also been shoved out the door (thank god for Nintendo) Everything homogenized latching on to Call Of Duty sales. It's pretty awful. I don't like it at all.

I've enjoyed MW3 so far, but I agree. Black Ops has been the best one since COD4.

Completely with you on that. :up:

Killstreaks aside I thought Black Ops was a great combination of solid campaign, fun multiplayer and crazy Zombies action. I think it would be the right decision to stick with this line rather than revert to World War II straightaway and I think it could hold its own (in sales) against the Modern Warfare series.

Yes to everything.

I think Treyarch is going to revive the series. They seem much more involved with the community, so they definitely know of the complaints that the series has been receiving lately.

Not necessarily revive it but they'll certainly add enough refreshing aspects that it'll trump MW3 in almost every way. Heck even MW3 feels way more dated than Black Ops. Modern Warfare 3 isn't a bad game but it feels like a neutered version of both MW2 and Blops.

Aside from COD4 Blops is the best COD game so far. I had great times with that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"