The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll be convincing enough for the small amount of lines he'll probably end up getting. Ray Park was badass with both Toad and Darth Maul,

...you trying to start another round of The Dubbing Wars?

Peter Serafinowicz for the voice of Batroc :awesome:

Calling it now: Batroc will be working for HYDRA and will end up capturing Sharon Carter in order to lure Cap into a trap, just like the first issue Batroc and Sharon were introduced in (they were introduced in the same issue, Tales of Suspense #75).

Oh, yeah definitely, I think this movie is going to be 135-140min long. It's looking more and more like IM3 will be the same length as the Avengers, so the 2 hour 15-20 minute length format may be the new standard for Marvel (if the film needs it).

Also, I wouldn't call this Avengers 1.5...it just heavily features SHIELD because SHIELD characters are really the only character you could consider Cap's recurring cast...think about it, other than Sharon and Sam there aren't really any other notable supporting characters in Cap books.
Black Widow and Falcon are in there. Nick Fury and SHIELD. Feige said this movie will be closest in style and look to Avengers, yes this is basically like our Avengers 1.5 movie.

Oh, yeah definitely, I think this movie is going to be 135-140min long. It's looking more and more like IM3 will be the same length as the Avengers, so the 2 hour 15-20 minute length format may be the new standard for Marvel (if the film needs it).

Also, I wouldn't call this Avengers 1.5...it just heavily features SHIELD because SHIELD characters are really the only character you could consider Cap's recurring cast...think about it, other than Sharon and Sam there aren't really any other notable supporting characters in Cap books.

I don't think you really need many outside Sam and Sharon, and perhaps Fury or Hill.

Last edited:
Black Widow and Falcon are in there. Nick Fury and SHIELD. Feige said this movie will be closest in style and look to Avengers, yes this is basically like our Avengers 1.5 movie.
When did he say this?

Yeah it's looking more like a full out SHIELD movie, with Cap as the focus, than Avengers to me. In a sense, Avengers was a SHIELD movie as well, but not nearly to this extent obviously.

hope cap kicks some butt this time round. he was a bit lackluster in the avengers compared to thor, hulk and iron man.

lol! The truth hurts. At least they got his leading and strategic skills right.

I understood GSP in that video. His english sounded ok to me.
There's also Maria Hill, and Jasper Sitwell. Both claim to have larger roles than in the Avengers.

Plus flashbacks with Howard Stark and Peggy Carter.

At this point I think the best hope is that movie runs 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
I'm not sure Dominic Cooper is coming back as Howard Stark. He said he may be busy filming something else at the time they film Cap 2.

Yeah it's looking more like a full out SHIELD movie, with Cap as the focus, than Avengers to me. In a sense, Avengers was a SHIELD movie as well, but not nearly to this extent obviously.

I think because Hulk, Iron Man and Thor don't like to follow the rules and are somewhat loners so they break out of that SHIELD mold. Captain America is a team guy and likes to follow the rules so he fits right in.

Gotta admit I like where this is going. Cap worked with the army in the first movie, working with Shield seems like a logical step.

I wouldn't mind hearing casting of Bobbi Morse as a background character. I hope that's not who Emily Van Camp is playing though.

Would be cool to see members of the SHIELD cast in the background too, like Ming Na. Could just have one line, but at least it would create continuity with the TV series. Or if not her, then one of the other SHIELD cast members.

Since SHIELD will be involved in this movie, has there been any word on if they'll bring back the Helicarrier?

I leave for a little while, and return to news that my Robert Redford is in this movie now?!?!

Swoooooooon.... I'm making sweet geek love to this film already.

Robert Redford. I'm stunned. Wow.

(Also... Batroc? Hee.)

any news about RR yet? or was it just another elMaybe BS?
Not sure what you mean. The Redford news didn't come from Mayimbe or even LR in the first place. If you're asking if it's been verified that he's playing a character named Pierce, no it hasn't, but that did not come from Mayimbe either.

The irrational Mayimbe hate on this forum is pretty funny.

Not sure what you mean. The Redford news didn't come from Mayimbe or even LR in the first place. If you're asking if it's been verified that he's playing a character named Pierce, no it hasn't, but that did not come from Mayimbe either.

The irrational Mayimbe hate on this forum is pretty funny.

sorry, I just decided to call any internet rumor without any verfication after the godfather of rumor BSing from now on. but perhaps 'wardelling' is a better terminus technicus.
so Redford is not officially announced yet? a pity and I hope it is true

sorry, I just decided to call any internet rumor without any verfication after the godfather of rumor BSing from now on. but perhaps 'wardelling' is a better terminus technicus.
so Redford is not officially announced yet? a pity and I hope it is true
As WT just posted, the news came from THR, so it's basically confirmed that he's at least in talks for a role in the film. LR (not Mayimbe) also posted, along with the scoop that Batroc would be in the film, that Redford would be playing a character named Pierce, who is most like Alexander Goodwin Pierce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"