The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO, it really doesn't. This press release is the only thing you guys are going by. THAT'S IT! There has been way more evidence that she'll have a significant role but you guys just choose to ignore it.

I completely agree man, but I think we may be wasting our time trying to convince a few of the people here that the wording of the press release is actually not that significant. I've pretty much given up on it myself. It just wasn't worth the headache. They've made up their minds that the press release is some sort of hugely significant holy grail when it comes to the amount of screen time certain cast members will have, but I think they're going to be in for a big surprise when the film finally comes out.

I completely agree man, but I think we may be wasting our time trying to convince a few of the people here that the wording of the press release is actually not that significant. I've pretty much given up on it myself. It just wasn't worth the headache. They've made up their minds that the press release is some sort of hugely significant holy grail when it comes to the amount of screen time certain cast members will have, but I think they're going to be in for a big surprise when the film finally comes out.

Yeah, silly us. Believing Marvel studios when we should be believing latino review.

I'd rather think she's a minor character now and be pleasantly surprised later than think she'll have a major role and be disappointed when the movie comes out.

Yeah, silly us. Believing Marvel studios when we should be believing latino review.

I'd rather think she's a minor character now and be pleasantly surprised later than think she'll have a major role and be disappointed when the movie comes out.

Don't misunderstand... I wasn't trying to insult anyone. Simply stating that I have tried repeatedly to get my point across and it hasn't seemed to do any good. Also, I'm not basing my statement off anything Latino review said. I'm basing it off the fact that one of my friends used to write press releases for a film studio. Most of the time, there just isn't much thought put into how press releases are worded(us movie geeks freaking out just doesn't factor in). Usually, the only time wording is carefully considered is if the studio is trying to conceal something. Based on that, Marvel either simply didn't think the order the cast was listed in a simple press release was that big a deal or they are trying to downplay EVC's involvement as a surprise for those who don't know who Agent 13 really is. Also, a press release is not the final billing for a film.

Reading a press release and jumping to conclusions that the order they list the cast is the actual order they'll appear in the credits is *not* the same thing as "believing Marvel," though. You can't inference anything about screentime or character importance from that.

I'd be more inclined to believe that if anyone else seemed out of place. But no. Everyone else are where you'd expect them.

Apparently there's a rights issue with MODOK...

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/04/chri...pain-gain-captain-america-the-winter-soldier/

N: Cool. Were there any villains from Cap’s rogues gallery that you wanted to include early on but just couldn’t fit them in?

SM: That is a secret, backdoor question to who’s in it!!!!

N: No, no! [laughs] there’s so many!

CM: No, there are the favorites I’m always trying to wedge in, but the problem is you can’t wedge in a giant, flying head. It’s not like MODOK can pop up in one scene. But, I think you’ve seen in the casting announcements that a couple a snuck in.

N: There’s definitely been a couple. Personally, I’m hoping Peter Dinklage is going to be MODOK in Days of Future Past but that’s just me.

CM: There’s a rights issue there, somehow.
I don't understand how there could be a rights issue with MODOK. He first appeared in Tales of Suspense, is historically a Captain America and Avengers villain, and is primarily associated with AIM. There's no way Fox should have any rights to MODOK with their FF and X-Men license. If they have MODOK I can only imagine what other random **** they have. :doh:

EDIT: Oh wait, it looks like he's saying there's a rights issue with FOX using Dinklage as MODOK in DOFP. Alright, that makes more sense.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, is the picture of Atwell on the first page of this thread from a film/program? I was trying to find a higher resolution copy of it, but, have been meeting dead ends.

Out of curiosity, is the picture of Atwell on the first page of this thread from a film/program? I was trying to find a higher resolution copy of it, but, have been meeting dead ends.

It is from a TV mini-series she did last year called Restless.

164220_639722032711039_2141999555_n.jpg

Does anyone think they'll do the staggered release for the film, like they did with The Avengers and Iron Man 3? (Basically, releasing the movies in select territories on various dates and etc.)

I've been wondering that as well. It's typical for them to release the movies that way, but I remember the US got CATFA first. I assume Paramount did that in light of the movie's title. However, now that Cap has a little more recognition thanks to The Avengers, Disney may feel comfortable releasing TWS like the other movies.

It would just seem like poor taste to release Captain America in other countries first.

Interesting quotable from Anthony Mackie describing TWS as "The Avengers 1.5"...

First, I’ll say that being a part of it is great. I think that Marvel has it down to a science and they’ve been very deliberate about what they want and what they don’t want out in the world. And they’re very focused on timelines as far as releases and stuff. This movie, "Captain America," has kind of become "Avengers 1.5"; if you look at the cast they’ve put together, if you look at the number of characters that are in this movie. I mean, it’s a huge number of superheroes and characters. The basic idea is that you have Captain America, Black Widow, and Falcon that get together to take down the Winter Soldier.

Source: http://news.moviefone.com/2013/04/26/anthony-mackie-pain-gain-captain-america_n_3162312.html

hmm...hate to say this, but that's yet another thing that LokiD has told me PERSONALLY that is starting to come to light (aside from telling me the main points of age of ultron 4 months in advance)

It is looking like Avengers 1.5 and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Falcon and Black Widow could easily outshine Captain America.

Interesting that Mackie doesn't list Agent 13 there.... maybe she does end up having a minor role. sad face...

Agent 13 wouldn't be on the team if she's already undercover within the org and/or captured by Batroc.

It is looking like Avengers 1.5 and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Falcon and Black Widow could easily outshine Captain America.

Cap stories often features heavy Shield involvement. I don't see the Avengers comparison.

Cap stories often features heavy Shield involvement. I don't see the Avengers comparison.
And I don't really have a problem with it unless they really undersell CA's role in the whole movie. While they need to give BW/Falcon some good action and plot, the movie still needs to showcase CA's skills and his story.

I just don't see where this idea that they'll make Steve sit in the corner for two hours while the supporting cast hogs the spotlight is coming from.

And I don't really have a problem with it unless they really undersell CA's role in the whole movie. While they need to give BW/Falcon some good action and plot, the movie still needs to showcase CA's skills and his story.

They really shouldn't undersell the guy who's name is in the title, after all.

Didn't check on who would be directing the film before now.

WTF?

Cap stories have a heavy SHIELD involvement, but it's just a setting. Cap will show up on the Helicarier, have a talk with Fury and spend the rest of the time teamed up with Sharon somewhere else. Sometimes, a platoon of generic SHIELD agents will show up as backup/Red shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"