The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then MS would might as well change their name to Shyamalan Studios.

Oh man it will be great if this happens. **** storm over Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, Hank Pym/Ultron, and Mandarin would have nothing on this.

EVERYTHING IS A LIE

NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED

Would be a great way to get the moral of the story across. :D

Yeah, CA is not IM or TA so I'm not sure if they can get away with that.

I don't think it would be a great way to get the moral of the story across.

:lmao:

........:lmao:

Why would a HYDRA agent be named Bob?

4m2SbNZ.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob,_Agent_of_HYDRA

Why even attempt the Avengers thing then? Why save New York?

1) return from alien dimension
2) infiltrate worldwide spy organization and impersonate head honcho
3) ???
4) profit!

Why even attempt the Avengers thing then? Why save New York?
To have his own personal superhero team to assemble when he finds it convenient. It was the same way in the Ultimates.

Naw. Changing stuff from the comics for the sake of the story is fine with me. If there's any character it fits it's Fury with his shady background and morals. We already know he's a complete liar and SHIELD is somewhat of a farce in the first place. It's not far from being believable to me because they've played the motives behind his actions shady from the very beginning, and really dug that home in Avengers. They're just taking it a step farther if this is true.

Yeah, CA is not IM or TA so I'm not sure if they can get away with that.

I don't think it would be a great way to get the moral of the story across.
It would to me. One of the main themes of Cap is not being able to tell who the enemy is and sometimes the greatest threat is from within. What's the ultimate way to get that across? Take someone who Cap and the audience trusts and who seems sympathetic...despite the fact we've repeatedly been told and shown he's swine subtly, and make him the greatest enemy.

Russos said there would be a gigantic shift in the universe at the end of the film that would set the stage for A2, and that the film would reveal a lot about the history of the MCU...well...

I'm just having fun though. :D

Given what they did with the Mandarin I wouldn't surprised if they had the balls to do this.
lel though.

Mandarin being fake in IM3
[blackout]Loki dying in Thor2[/blackout]
[blackout]Fury being Red Skull[/blackout]

Might be pushing it if the lower two are true when it comes to twists. It really would make their claims of trying to make these solo movies more impactful and...you know...solo, validated though.

Oh. Too many potential spoilers for my taste. I guess is time to sign off from this thread :)

Know what? Please let me have as close a depiction of my beloved comics and its stories as can reasonably be made first and then you can **** all over them however you deem fit.

I think I'd rather have the stealth costume 'discussion' over this nonsense.

We really need a new pic or something, this was one of my favourite threads. :(

This is definitely the toy company reusing molds rather than making a new one its obvious they do this alot. In the Marvel Universe series Silver Surfer and Black Suited Spidey had the same body.

Ugh. *looks at picture again* Double ugh.

586x369xrednick.jpg.pagespeed.ic.46ndsL78Rp.jpg

I know detective shows have taught me never to believe in coincidences, but please let this be a coincidence.

This is definitely the toy company reusing molds rather than making a new one its obvious they do this alot. In the Marvel Universe series Silver Surfer and Black Suited Spidey had the same body.

Man, I hope so. Do we know if the Fury figure has been released already?

I think that the AIM soldier and Red Skull thing aren't going to show up in the movie. Just a big oversight. The line combines both comic-inspired and movie-inspired characters.

Yeah if
fury is skull then like Darth said, he'd either have to be dead or held captive somewhere.

Fans come up with the damnedest things to obsess and worry about. And to think that my theory that [BLACKOUT]Pierce is Lukin/Skull as in the original Winter Soldier story[/BLACKOUT] got shot down instantly. That seems likelier to me than the latest craze, and it has a basis in the comics to boot.

Know what? Please let me have as close a depiction of my beloved comics and its stories as can reasonably be made first and then you can **** all over them however you deem fit.
They did give you that in phase 1. Now they're branching out into their own story direction...or as you call it ****ting on the comics.

Fans come up with the damnedest things to obsess and worry about. And to think that my theory that [BLACKOUT]Pierce is Lukin/Skull as in the original Winter Soldier story[/BLACKOUT] got shot down instantly. That seems likelier to me than the latest craze, and it has a basis in the comics to boot.
Not to be offensive, since I had the same idea, but your theory literally had no backing. This is based on Hasbro releasing toys pointing at it being the case. That's the only reason it's being talked about.

I'd consider it more likely if toy companies didn't reuse action figure molds all the time. I mean skull had black clothes and a trench in TFA as well, I think it's more reasonable that Hasbro is just saving some $$$ by reusing the Fury mold.

That said, Re Skull disguising himself has some of precedent in the comics. Nobody can say for sure yet either way.

Does it? Like I said, we don't actually know much about him. All we know is that he planned to pretty much do the same thing Red Skull did during WWII, whether it was using the Avengers or using Cosmic Cube/Asgardian tech...which is EXACTLY what Red Skull did. And on top of that, we already know SHIELD is in some ways a cover for HYDRA. So we basically don't know anything about Fury's past at all, and I honestly can't think of anything that would go against him being Red Skull other than protecting New York from a nuke...otherwise we only have actions he's taken that point to him doing things the Red Skull did.

All I'm saying is there's rationale if it really has been Skull the whole time. That said, I'd lean more towards Fury having been kidnapped before the start of the film like you said.

Oh right, right .... because Red Skull would obviously want to put a superhero team together to defend Earth too right? Not to mention attempt to thwart the nuke headed for NY City. I mean after all, he had those values in C:TFA ..... LOL @ this nonsense.

That's fanboy fiction for ya.

Last edited:
I said I was having fun with it. Calm down. You're taking **** too serious. :/

But for the record, if you had read the rest of the post, I answered most of the statements (tongue in cheekly so don't start trying to combat them).

I think its hilarious to go back and rewatch phase 1 scenes under the assumption that Nick is Skull. The diner scene in IronMan2 comes to mind. Imagining that as Skull in disguise is hilarious. It adds weird weight to the scene between him and loki on the hellicarrier.

But honestly guys, why would Schmidt is the greatest actor on the face of the earth, if he is going to convince anyone that he is Samuel Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"