First Avenger Captain America: Super Soldier (The Video Game)

haha, he was trying to say I used to love the Avengers game for sega genesis. I used to play it for hours. I always picked Captian America.

Guess they don't have good English translators in Mars.

Oh...LOL.

Maybe.. :o

"You'll be the one escaping!!"

I still play that game every now and then.

"You'll be the one escaping!!"

I still play that game every now and then.

"Thank you.....WonderMan!!!"
or the slightly racist, "See my POWAAAAAH!!!!"
That game was more fun than it has any right to be. Methinks I shall hook up the ol' Sega and play again.
Here I come MechaSkull!

I like this game is looking. If they make his face look better which I think they will and polish up the combat system a bit, it looks like it'll be really enjoyable. The platforming looks like a fun time and the combat system is obviously a rip off of Arkham Asylum but if you're going to copy why not copy the best, I just hope it will be as seamless as AA and that it won't overdo the slow motion like that demo showed.

I wonder when we'll get some new info about the game...

I contacted Next Level Games a while back to ask just that but I reckon they must have 'misfiled' my mail. :whatever:

Anyway, I hope we'll get new screens or footage soon... Dang, it's a long wait till summer...

I wonder when we'll get some new info about the game...

I contacted Next Level Games a while back to ask just that but I reckon they must have 'misfiled' my mail. :whatever:

Anyway, I hope we'll get new screens or footage soon... Dang, it's a long wait till summer...
The second trailer will be released in February.

So is this going to be a straight forward action game not really based on the movie?

Not really. I think they've said it's kind of a 'missions in between' kinda deal, although for some reason he's wearing the 616 costume rather than his movie costume.

Iron Man wasn't much like the movie.
TIH wasn't too much like the movie.
I didn't have the patience to even BOTHER with IM2....but I think it's safe to say it won't be.

it def won't be the movie's story, it's an original story written by christos gage. it's intended to take place in the universe of the movie though wither or not they use the movie likenesses is still up in the air i think. i really hope they do

it def won't be the movie's story, it's an original story written by christos gage. it's intended to take place in the universe of the movie though wither or not they use the movie likenesses is still up in the air i think. i really hope they do

I think it might be a given that they use the movie likeness. Maybe what we've seen is just an alternate skin (studio probably didn't wanna unveil the suit at that point in time)

I think it might be a given that they use the movie likeness. Maybe what we've seen is just an alternate skin (studio probably didn't wanna unveil the suit at that point in time)
that's what the guy at the demo told me, but i saw a youtube video of the same demo where he wasn't sure if they had it locked down yet or not and the trailer on the offical website uses the classic suit, so i'm not really sure atm

Not really. I think they've said it's kind of a 'missions in between' kinda deal, although for some reason he's wearing the 616 costume rather than his movie costume.

Ah I see, it was the 616 costume that threw me off.

I bet when the game comes out, it'll be the movie suit right off the bat. 616 is already designed and in there. I hope/it would be cool if we get a US Agent (The Captain) skin, as well as a Commander Rogers and Bucky Cap suit.
Ooh! Just too ride the Zombie trend, include a Colonel America skin as well! Complete (or incomplete) with top 1/4 of his skull missing to terrify the Nazis/ Hydra!
The movie and comic costumes would suit me just fine tho.

Zombie Cap would be fun. I hope we get his current Supder Soldier uniform.

On a side note the people who made the Wolverine game wanted to inlcude the Zombie Wolverine but couldn't. Can't recall why.

I thought Iron Man, though not the best game ever, was pretty good.

IM2 looked dreadful from the get-go though.

None of these games really strictly follow the movies. They all have their own original characters, scenarios and what not. And they are made independent of the movies and go into production before the movies even and use earlier drafts of the script to work from.

Unfortunately most of the games since Spider-man 2 have been horrendous or disappointing.

None of these games really strictly follow the movies. They all have their own original characters, scenarios and what not. And they are made independent of the movies and go into production before the movies even and use earlier drafts of the script to work from.

Unfortunately most of the games since Spider-man 2 have been horrendous or disappointing.

I'll give two exceptions to that. X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is a pretty decent fun game. And The Incredible Hulk, even though it's just an updated Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, it was way better than the first Hulk movie game, and alot better than both Iron Man games combined.

Hopefully they take a cue from at least those two games. Pretty decent is better than utter crap.

A Cap game would have the potential of some good fighting moves, as well as ranged attacks with the shield. Maybe a few steps up from his moves in the Ultimate Alliance games, but a way to control the shield like that.

Aslong as its a 7/10 rated game, thats good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"