First Avenger Captain America: Super Soldier (The Video Game)

I wonder if we'll see Bucky, Fury, Peggy Carter on any of the other characters featured in the film in this game? Or if we'll even see the Invaders like Namor (who are most likely not in the film)? I think it would be interesting to see his supporting cast appear and give at least an attempt at a decent story and not just a thirty second clip to mark the end of a level.

Also, does anyone know if it is entirely set in WWII or if there may be modern sections?

I wonder if we'll see Bucky, Fury, Peggy Carter on any of the other characters featured in the film in this game? Or if we'll even see the Invaders like Namor (who are most likely not in the film)? I think it would be interesting to see his supporting cast appear and give at least an attempt at a decent story and not just a thirty second clip to mark the end of a level.

Also, does anyone know if it is entirely set in WWII or if there may be modern sections?
bucky is in the game, as are the films version of the invaders (the howling commandos)

Hopefully we get to see some of them when they show the next game trailer. It would be interesting to see if they look like their film counterparts or look more like their comic book counterparts.

So the next videogame trailer should be coming out this month... I wonder which trailer we'll get to see first... movie or game.
I'm eager to see both! :)

Well supposedly we'll be seeing the film trailer on the 18th of this month. I'm not sure we're that lucky to be seeing a game trailer at the same time, but then again there has been quite a few Cap interviews and pics hitting the net lately.

capw.jpg
captainamericasupersold.jpg

Today, SEGA announced Chris Evans, the star of the film, will lend his likeness and voice to the game.

Great looking pics. Thanks for thsoe RealIM. Though I'm sort of in agreement with Severus_Snape, I can't really tell if it's Evans there or not. Mind you, half his face is covered up. Guess we'll know for sure when the trailer hits.

Edit: Lol, didn't notice the big bolded letters stating that Evans was on board. Looks like its just another case of videogame versions of the actors looking a little off. Even the Green Lantern movie game's version of Renolds looks a bit weird in my opinion. I think it happens a lot. Dunno why. I mean go look at the Spider-man games, they look a bit goofy when compared to their real life counterparts. Nothing game breaking, but makes you wonder why they couldn't get a better reproduction. Maybe it's just the limitations of cgi. Who knows.

Last edited:

I don't know, I think this one looks a heck of a lot like Chris.

Now that I know he's going to be voicing this game, I'm sold. I'm hoping for a 7 or better rating on IGN, but that's not going to be a dealbreaker for me buying it.

I don't know, I think this one looks a heck of a lot like Chris.

Now that I know he's going to be voicing this game, I'm sold. I'm hoping for a 7 or better rating on IGN, but that's not going to be a dealbreaker for me buying it.

Still not sure. Though clearly since Evans likeness has been authorised that is him. But like a lot of movie games, whilst not unrecognisable, it does look a bit off.

Still the game seems to have some good graphics and I'm hoping for a game that's at least as good as the Wolverine game, so I'm gonna keep my eye out for this and will probably pre-order it.

Last edited:
From the look of those pictures I would say this game is probably going to be as good as Wolverine's, which is a pretty good game (especially for a movie game).

I think the game (Wolverine) delivered better than the movie in some points. Some of the twists (*cough* Raven youknowwho *cough*) were good. I liked fighting Gambit and Deadpool despite neither of the movie's actors being in the game and there was largely no Wade before we fought Weapon XI.

On a slighlty related note, since we've been discussing what suits we'd like to see as extras in Super Soldier (and the fact it's Cap's game thread). The actual suit he's wearing now that I believe is referred to as the 'Super Soldier' has been made into DLC for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1149814p1.html

marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-20110215012814672.jpg

^^^ Avengers Assemble (Cap's voice)

like the new screenshots, can't wait for this game

Me too, man. Cap kicked some major butt back in that first trailer & SDCC'10 game footage. Let's hope that Marvel launches the second vg trailer right after the official movie one :awesome:

i was just about to ask if you had a date on that. can't come soon enough for me

Me too, man. Cap kicked some major butt back in that first trailer & SDCC'10 game footage. Let's hope that Marvel launches the second vg trailer right after the official movie one :awesome:

Yeah from what I've seen Cap's game is looking far better than Thor's.

^^^ Avengers Assemble (Cap's voice)

Lol.

Captain America: Wait a minute. What are you doing on my team?

Iron Patriot: My precioussssss

Thor: I doth regret to inform thee, mortal, but that shtick has been done before.

Lixdexia, isn't your avatar the son's boss from the I.T. Crowd?

Lol.

Captain America: Wait a minute. What are you doing on my team?

Iron Patriot: My precioussssss

Thor: I doth regret to inform thee, mortal, but that shtick has been done before.

HA :woot:

videogame Cap kinda has that Channing Tatum dumbfounded look, either or, I hope this game is good

It's not considered a "Super Soldier" suit. It's more like his "Americas Top Cop since Bucky is Cap" suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"