First Avenger Captain America: The First Avenger DVD Thread

Blu-Ray3D indeed has the best cover,But eh I like the one too and getting the normal Blu-Ray version either way!!

Much earlier release date than expected But it's good!

During the Christmas Season, that certainly sounds more logical.

Out of all the MCU movies, I think Cap got the worst "epic floating heads" (lol whatever u call those) poster. Its not bad, but I think it's the worst. Another reason to buy the Blu-ray.

Oh my god. The DVD and DVD/Blu-ray combo pack artwork is just awful -- only the "limited edition" 3D combo pack gets that spectacular cover.

Come on Paramount. Quit giving fans the short end of the stick, and use the teaser poster art for the DVD and Blu-ray combo artwork. That way fans won't be gypped.
I've found several sites on the net where you can download different covers for your DVDs for free. I've done that for several movies that were released with bad covers. Looks like I will have to do it for Cap too.

Does anyone else think that "THE AVENGERS" special feature is a brand new trailer? I certainly hope so...

I could see it being a new trailer or at least new footage from the movie. Isn't October when the new season of EMH premieres too?

Curious, do we know if there's going to be any deleted scenes or an extended cut of this film? I loved it, but some parts felt a little too clean cut to be the final edit of the film.

I would have loved a scene with Bucky surviving the fall but with serious injuries, with the russians or some secret faction finding him.

Display at work (Target) says Cap comes out on DVD the 25th of October...at least here in the states :up:

New DVD/Blu Ray trailer on Facebook I saw. The featurette for Avengers looks legit this time. It showed Day 1 interviews with Joss as they were filming.

Captain America Gets Best Buy Exclusive Treatment

If you took advantage of the Thor exclusives offered by Best Buy, this news will sound a bit familiar. As it did with that Paramount Pictures/Universal Studios title, the retail chain will carry a limited edition Captain America: The First Avenger Blu-ray/DVD combo pack with special packaging not available anywhere else. The release will feature cover art from Captain America's first comic appearance in 1941 with an iconic image of Cap punching Hitler.

Here's what the set looks like:

CapAmericaBBBox_1316799079.jpg

Those who pre-order the title will also get a free one-month subscription to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited (the same deal that was offered with Thor).

Source: IGN.com

Great trailer. Can't wait to own this thing along with my other Marvel favorites.

that's the one I want. looks like I'll be importing

You won't be able to play it unless you have a multi-region DVD player. UK is Region 2. US is Region 1.

Why do the other countries get the most awesome ****?! Like I'm actually fuming right now haha!

Steelbook with the damn shield! Who wouldn't want that??!!!!!:cmad:

I am about to order the Cap Blu Ray and I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there are any differences in extra content between the regular Blu ray and the limited edition 3D one? It doesn't list any real differences besides the 3d version of course. But amazon descriptions aren't very reliable with their details. Can anyone advise me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"