Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should we believe Rob Liefeld has any inside knowledge of this?

I meant just for fun let's assume he's telling the truth. It's been ages since we've had anything fresh to talk about after all.

I reckon the four big names would have to be...

1. Emily blunt
2. Charlize thereon
3. J Law and
4. Maybe Brie Larsen as a surprise? She counts as big now that she's got an Oscar

Jlaw is just not right for the role. A "big name" doesn't mean best choice for the role. And, after seeing what she did to Mystique in the X-Men films, I don't want her anywhere near the MCU. Brie is too young and Charlize Theron is probably too expensive. Blunt and Chastain would both be fantastic choices, though.

Jlaw is just not right for the role. A "big name" doesn't mean best choice for the role. And, after seeing what she did to Mystique in the X-Men films, I don't want her anywhere near the MCU. Brie is too young and Charlize Theron is probably too expensive. Blunt and Chastain would both be fantastic choices, though.

No way she can be more expenisve than Blunt or Chastain.

But please not Emily Blunt for Carol.

I do wonder how they are going to approach the villain or villains in this? I mean, this film happens in between IW's so... Do they use Thanos or not? I know, it seems odd to some but think about if this film does decide to use Marvell in some way. What villain did the Kree Captain face? It could make sense to tie in Carol to Thanos in some way. That is of course assuming some tie Carol would have to a Marvell.

I think the Kree is def going to be the big bad here. With Ronan being a big part of GotG, and the Kree having an important role in Marvel cosmic (including upcoming franchise the Inhumans), it only makes sense for a property like this so tied in that world use those characters.

No way she can be more expenisve than Blunt or Chastain.

As far as I know she's a much bigger star than either of them. Chastain got a lot of buzz when she got that Oscar but I wouldn't say she's a star of Theron's level yet.

For the record, Chastain has had two Oscar nominations, but the only one being discussed right now who has an actual Oscar is Charlize. One of multiple reasons she'd have a bigger asking price than the other two.

If you go look at how much these actresses are worth, Charlize puts the others to shame. She's worth $110 million according to http://www.celebritynetworth.com/.

Both Blunt and Chastain have been getting a lot of buzz in the past couple of years, but they're not OGs like Charlize is.

That "Celebrity Net Worth dot com" is a website disturbs me

He saw the info on a publicist's cell phone. I don't think he just made that up

Wouldn't a publicist be more careful to protect confidential info like that? And if Liefeld did see that, wouldn't have have been forced to sign a non disclosure agreement? Seems like that's something he wasn't supposed to see.

And obviously Melissa McCarthy must have been one of those big names. :woot:

ms_marvel_redesigns_by_toddoss-d4pju5f.jpg

I like the left design.

Source: http://brianatkins.deviantart.com/art/Ms-Marvel-Redesigns-284780643

I thought Charlize was a much bigger star than Blunt and Chastain? (not that it matters to me) I'd be happy with any of those as Cap Marvel anyway and while I like J Law, definitely wouldn't want her here.

"I have also been horrified by a good 70% of the DC redesign attempt at cutting back the sex appeal in the women costumes..."

*Instantly closes tab*
Ditto.

"I have also been horrified by a good 70% of the DC redesign attempt at cutting back the sex appeal in the women costumes..."

*Instantly closes tab*

Meh, I just look at the art. I don't read their opinions.
I posted the link to his site to give credit on the work.

Giving Carol some pants to wear was the best thing they could have done for the character. The leotard just didn't fit her character at all.

Agree with the general sentiment in that I don't want a "swimsuit costume" in any way, shape or form. Almost every male character's costume emphasizes strength or power or function or personality or something uniquely cool about the character.

When it comes to female characters, however, the only thing their costumes seem to scream, especially in a certain era, is SEX. Almost to the exclusion of aught else! It's unnecessary, sexist and reductive.

I think the new Cap'n Marvel digs work just perfectly, and is absolutely the way to go: http://comicsalliance.com/files/2012/07/capt-marvel-jamie-mckelvie.jpg

My only complaint about the above redesign is that they often like to go overly funky with the hairstyles. Just give me the above with the standard slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length hair and I'll be a happy camper.

yeah character's costumes should fit the character (file this one under the no s*** pile)

Emma Frost Wants to dress like a who-uh?? Makes sense, fits the character
Military badass Carol Danvers wears an 80's monokini into battle? Not so much

Like I've said for a long time: take the flight suits from Pacific Rim. Start from there. Give it elements of the classic comic color scheme, justified as either "unit insignia" or "Kree war markings". Flavor the surface features to taste.

Basically, Carol's costume shouldn't read as "swimming suit" or "spandex leotard", it should read as "pilot gear, stylized".

I think the suit should be Kree tech, maybe created by Mar-Vell. That would give it a different texture than all the other MCU hero suits and tie her suit directly into her origin.

I don't want the swimsuit, but I like the color scheme and the lightning bolt of the Ms. Marvel outfit more than the generic costume she has now.

I expect the movie to reinvent the costume into something different than her comic counterpart tho. Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Falcon, etc have all gotten visual makeovers that reinvent their costumes for live action while paying homage to the comics, but still make sense in a 'real' setting. I think they'll have Carol get some sort of Kree influenced power armor. I'd like to see something like one of these images:

tumblr_marb1f9Jwe1qc63ooo2_1280.jpg

2587819-2.jpg

4185411-2753092278-26739.jpg

*Instantly closes tab*
lmfao same.

I really like Anka's designs in the new title.

Anka draws Carol like a man. I prefer Rocafort's Carol.

I like the current costume but I still prefer Carol with longer hair like in her previous run. No complaints about Rocafort's art, though. His work on Ultimates is stunning, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"