Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Cheadle's a little on the older side to be her love interest (not that that's ever stopped Hollywood before), but if they decide not to go in that direction, I kinda liked the idea someone else here had of making Star-Lord her love interest. They're always flirty in the comics and HIS main love interest, Kitty Pryde, belongs to Fox, so I could see them making for a nice substitute pairing. He's also probably the only other MCU hero that would love Star Wars as much as she does, lol.

Funny you mention this because going by the CinemaCon reactions of this little indie space film Pratt is doing with this unknown female star, his chemistry with said actress is off the charts good so maybe... :cwink:

I'm totally just joking and the chances of Marvel nabbing JLaw is like 0.000000001%. :oldrazz:

The thought of JLaw as Carol just makes me wince.

Her lacklustre turns as Mystique are bad enough.

Funny you mention this because going by the CinemaCon reactions of this little indie space film Pratt is doing with this unknown female star, his chemistry with said actress is off the charts good so maybe... :cwink:

I'm totally just joking and the chances of Marvel nabbing JLaw is like 0.000000001%. :oldrazz:
Noooo, don't even put that out in the universe, kvz! :argh:

Sorry guys... I can't help it. :ninja: :funny:

Long story short, I need my short list NOW! :hehe:

I really hate that they announced this film so early

Having a list of untitled films would drive me more crazy, honestly, than not having enough news for the later projects.

Captain Marvel's first appearance will be in her solo film. I was hoping that Carol was going to show up in Infinity War as a pre-powered government/military agent. I guess that's not going to happen. Oh, well.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/We-See-Captain-Marvel-Screen-First-Time-124007.html
Am I the only person reading that quote as 90% CinemaBlend's interpretation? I haven't seen the context of Feige's actual quote, but as it's written there looks like Feige's usual incredibly vague tap-dancing. Like, he didn't even say "we're holding onto her." They put the "her" in themselves, assuming that's what he meant. For all we know he could have been saying they were holding onto that info.

Feige was pretty clear about why they cut Carol Danvers from the end of Avengers Age of Ultron. The reason he gave for that pretty much leads me to believe he wants to introduce her in her solo movie.

To be honest, that is the best way to do it from what I can see. I don't see any other movie where she wouldn't get in the way (too much setup required) or be able to make the same kind of impact Black Panther and Spider-Man are making in Civil War (because none of the other Marvel movies in phase 3 have a Civil War like storyline where you can do that type of thing).

I'm not opposed to them doing that, I'm just not convinced Feige just put the final word on it as the CinemaBlend article suggests, is all.

Just seems fishy that they'd be casting so early if they didn't need her 'til the solo (which won't be shooting for at least another year and a half). That's not usually how it goes at all. But then...I guess since the IW movies are shooting all at once and she'd still obviously be needed for Part 2, that could somewhat explain it. Maybe. Still seems quite early to me, though. I mean, they only cast BP so early before his solo because they needed him for in Civil War, and they literally cast Spidey DURING the Civil War shoot.

Last edited:
I'm not opposed to them doing that, I'm just not convinced Feige just put the final word on it as the CinemaBlend article suggests, is all.

Just seems fishy that they'd be casting so early if they didn't need her 'til the solo (which won't be shooting for at least another year and a half). That's not usually how it goes at all. But then...I guess since the IW movies are shooting all at once and she'd still obviously be needed for Part 2, that could somewhat explain it. Maybe. Still seems quite early to me, though. I mean, they only cast BP so early before his solo because they needed him for in Civil War, and they literally cast Spidey DURING the Civil War shoot.

When Captain Marvel is cast, I'm sure, the Russos(or at least one of them) will be present at her audition. The Russos are going to have to have a feel for the actress so they can adjust the script accordingly, if need be.

I actually kind of like the idea of waiting for her movie. That way, her introduction will be that much bigger, and when she meets the Avengers, it will be a "Whoa! Who the heck is she?!" It will be cooler if the Avengers don't know who she is.

Carol's intro to the Avengers in Infinity War should have some Avengers struggling against the Black Order, and then KABOOM! Captain Marvel does a superhero landing on one of the bad guys. The Avengers give each other confused at what just happened. Man, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about this.

Feige was pretty clear about why they cut Carol Danvers from the end of Avengers Age of Ultron. The reason he gave for that pretty much leads me to believe he wants to introduce her in her solo movie.

To be honest, that is the best way to do it from what I can see. I don't see any other movie where she wouldn't get in the way (too much setup required) or be able to make the same kind of impact Black Panther and Spider-Man are making in Civil War (because none of the other Marvel movies in phase 3 have a Civil War like storyline where you can do that type of thing).

she doesnt need alot of setup. If she were in AoU or any other film, that wouldnt be her origin story. That can still be saved for her solo. I think the best for her to make a debut would be GoTG. Her powered up and currently in space would explain why she wasnt around for the big events seen in Avengers 1 and 2.

Yes with her showing up in GOTG Vol 2. by either cameoing during the film or showing up in the post credits to build up towards her solo film would be just as effective if not more effective

I don't want her to show up fully powered, tbh. I want to meet Carol pre-powers first.

I don't want her to show up fully powered, tbh. I want to meet Carol pre-powers first.
I dont want an inexperienced Carol thats just starting out, especially since the films and Avengers have already been moving forward. I think your scenario would work had she been introduced in AoU, but she's coming onto the scene rather late right around the time of a major cosmic event. She should already be powered up, skilled and experienced with her powers. We can see a Carol pre-powers in her solo film. That can be her origin story which is set in present day but jumps back has flashbacks to show how she got those powers.

An Earthling getting a power-set that huge wouldn't go under the radar, though. It would be ridiculous that no one had mentioned her up to this point.

An Earthling getting a power-set that huge wouldn't go under the radar, though. It would be ridiculous that no one had mentioned her up to this point.

and I explained how to get around that in my previous post

Ok I just re-read your previous post and am still not seeing it. Why was she in space? Why did no one mention that humans were going out there, ESPECIALLY considering recent world events? Just makes no sense to me.

Ok I just re-read your previous post and am still not seeing it. Why was she in space? Why did no one mention that humans were going out there, ESPECIALLY considering recent world events? Just makes no sense to me.

If she's in space, how would anyone know or even think about her? Why is she there? I dont know. That would tie into her origin story with becoming a cosmic being infused with Kree DNA. With the great power she has, she left Earth to protect it from threats out in the universe. Maybe there was a specific threat she left to stop and wound up captured, which could tie into her making an appearance in GotG. Maybe Fury knows about her, but if she was off the radar and untraceable, there would be no need to mention her

Yeah...I'm just not seeing how that will work, but hey if they decide to go that way I'll be open to it.

she doesnt need alot of setup. If she were in AoU or any other film, that wouldnt be her origin story. That can still be saved for her solo. I think the best for her to make a debut would be GoTG. Her powered up and currently in space would explain why she wasnt around for the big events seen in Avengers 1 and 2.

I don't see the point of introducing her as a fully formed hero and then giving us the origin. Marvel feels the same way or else they wouldn't have cut her cameo from Avengers Age of Ultron.

How would throwing her into GOTG Vol. 2 do her any favors? Unless you can give her a role in that story as good as the one Marvel was able to do for Black Panther and Spider-Man in Civil War. Otherwise, what would be the point?

I don't see the point of introducing her as a fully formed hero and then giving us the origin. Marvel feels the same way or else they wouldn't have cut her cameo from Avengers Age of Ultron.

How would throwing her into GOTG Vol. 2 do her any favors? Unless you can give her a role in that story as good as the one Marvel was able to do for Black Panther and Spider-Man in Civil War. Otherwise, what would be the point?

Exactly. Dont assume that they wouldnt. Its all a moot point anyway as they have already confirmed that we wont see her for another 3 years

Carol def needs an origin story. For powerful characters like her, it's important to ground them and allow the audiences to connect with them. Pre-CM Carol is def needed.

Plus the idea of a woman as an officer in the military and dealing with all of that, is just too potentially interesting (and not something that Marvel has done yet in their films) to pass up.

At the very least, I'd like Rhodey to show up as a old friend/colleague of Carol's (if they don't go the romance route ultimately).

As for the release date, their mistake I think was to give it a specific release date right off of the bat. Especially since they clearly had other films in the pipe line that they held off announcing at the time. It just made things unnecessarily awkward when they keep pushing it back to do films that they just were getting around to announcing. If they had just said "we're making a Captain Marvel movie, and it will be in Phase Three" and then left if at that (to announce a release date later on), there wouldn't have been nearly as much controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"