Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That comment can go a few ways maybe just two...and ok. Lol.

Can I add something? Hulk Smash.

That's always a healthy comment to add (in any situation). :up:

After all the SJW crap seen on th US and elsewhere stating to backfire, having a female character bieng the "man" in the big fight scenes, you can start counting less tickets at the theater.Me and my family will not have this bull ****.And this coming from a Wonder woman fan who is actively lobbying with friends so they go see it. I want extremely powerfull female characters, not PC ********. And Ms. Marvell should not "by far be the heavy hitter", (not quoting, obvously), but one of them. I will not pay to seee the movie if this is the case and all of you so called fans shouldn't either. Hit their wallets nd they will listen.

Not speaking for me that's for sure! I'm going to see it, and if it is as good as WW, then I'll be seeing it multiple times!:woot:

As to PC BS SJW...:loco:

It all comes down to how they handle it.

Hulk being the strongest is one of his defining attributes so it would be really irritating to me if a new character shows up and is simply stronger. And you get the wonderful "out of control" aspect that makes the power something you don't use lightly. Thor is strong but his real power comes from Mjolner, and thus being worthy of wielding it. He had to earn it. Iron Man has slowly built his power, step by step over film after film (seriously we've gone from the cave to flying to unfolding out of a suitcase to a better battery to tracking his movement and assembling around him to backup satellite station to remote piloting...what a progression!) No only did he earn it, but I feel like I've earned the spectacle of watching him use it from all the time I've put in. So so far the only two characters that have concerned me with their power have been Vision and Scarlet Witch, and the filmmakers have done a fine job with both of them.

Vision is something of a pacifist so whenever he uses his power it feels earned. Of course they neuter Scarlet Witch by making her inexperienced, but she could potentially makes things very boring if she becomes too powerful too. So far she's been alright...but from a story perspective, these two are my first choices for who I'd like to see retire or die during Infinity War. Have them hook up and float away into the cosmos with the Infinity Gauntlet, I don't care. Just keep them as far away from the stakes of future Avengers films as possible.

Honestly, yes, a new character showing up twenty films in and being more powerful than a bunch of guys we've spent hours and hours with? Feels a bit cheap. Feels a bit like "Well I couldn't think of anything new so let's just do a Death Star again, except this time even BIGGER and MORE POWERFUL."

After all the SJW crap seen on th US and elsewhere stating to backfire, having a female character bieng the "man" in the big fight scenes, you can start counting less tickets at the theater.Me and my family will not have this bull ****.And this coming from a Wonder woman fan who is actively lobbying with friends so they go see it. I want extremely powerfull female characters, not PC ********. And Ms. Marvell should not "by far be the heavy hitter", (not quoting, obvously), but one of them. I will not pay to seee the movie if this is the case and all of you so called fans shouldn't either. Hit their wallets nd they will listen.
Oh boy... :whatever:

She isn't Ms. Marvel anymore, dude. She is CAPTAIN Marvel. She's been Captain Marvel in the comics since 2012. The movie is going to be called Captain Marvel. Ms. Marvel does not exist yet in the MCU, and if she ever does, it won't be Carol.

Someone with Carol's powerset SHOULD be the heavy hitter on the team. Hulk and Thor are the only characters that should be more powerful than her, to be honest. It has nothing to do with "PC ********". Her powers warrant that kind of positioning.

I don't want a Captain Marvel that is at Iron Man levels of strength. What would be the point of that?

I am really hoping we get a powerhouse scene, with Thor, Hulk and Cap Marvel taking someone/something on, and Vision, SW, Strange and Iron Man blasting from afar.

I am really hoping we get a powerhouse scene, with Thor, Hulk and Cap Marvel taking someone/something on, and Vision, SW, Strange and Iron Man blasting from afar.
I personally would like to see some version of the Cap Marvel/Hulk fastball special from Hickman's Avengers. Where Carol throws Hulk back down towards a planet from space, essentially turning him into an indestructible meteor.

I personally would like to see some version of the Cap Marvel/Hulk fastball special from Hickman's Avengers. Where Carol throws Hulk back down towards a planet from space, essentially turning him into an indestructible meteor.

I'd love to see it but for now I can't imagine that we will. Seems too crazy given the level of things we've seen so far. But then Cap may move a few goalposts once we see her for real.

I'd love to see it but for now I can't imagine that we will. Seems too crazy given the level of things we've seen so far. But then Cap may move a few goalposts once we see her for real.
Well the Infinity War trailer shows [blackout]Thanos pulling a planet (or moon?) from the sky and using it as a weapon[/blackout], so I'd say those goalposts are already on the move. :D

Well the Infinity War trailer shows [blackout]Thanos pulling a planet (or moon?) from the sky and using it as a weapon[/blackout], so I'd say those goalposts are already on the move. :D

I guess I haven't seen a very good quality version but it looked like [blackout]decent size chunks of a planet or moon[/blackout] and not quite as crazy as it was made to sound. Which is more to my preference rather than an [blackout]actual whole moon being used as a weapon[/blackout]. But that kind of interaction between CM and Hulk would be amazing. I want those guys (CM, Thor and Hulk) being sent in first when a huge new threat appears given their superior durability. Would be so cool to see the 3 of them really letting loose and pounding on something that can take punishment.

She isn't Ms. Marvel anymore, dude. She is CAPTAIN Marvel. She's been Captain Marvel in the comics since 2012. The movie is going to be called Captain Marvel. Ms. Marvel does not exist yet in the MCU, and if she ever does, it won't be Carol.

Someone with Carol's powerset SHOULD be the heavy hitter on the team. Hulk and Thor are the only characters that should be more powerful than her, to be honest. It has nothing to do with "PC ********". Her powers warrant that kind of positioning.

I don't want a Captain Marvel that is at Iron Man levels of strength. What would be the point of that?

Hell way before she became Captain Marvel she was Binary...a ridiculously powerful character. That happened in the early 80s. The guy you quoted must not have read any comics in several decades lol.

I guess I haven't seen a very good quality version but it looked like [blackout]decent size chunks of a planet or moon[/blackout] and not quite as crazy as it was made to sound. Which is more to my preference rather than an [blackout]actual whole moon being used as a weapon[/blackout]. But that kind of interaction between CM and Hulk would be amazing. I want those guys (CM, Thor and Hulk) being sent in first when a huge new threat appears given their superior durability. Would be so cool to see the 3 of them really letting loose and pounding on something that can take punishment.
I thought [blackout]those chunks were just from it breaking apart as it would from being violently ripped out of its gravitational alignment and into the atmosphere of the planet they're on[/blackout], but you're right, it's hard to say based on the quality. Either way, things are gettin' pretty nuts. :woot:

Yeah it's backfiring really hard.

WW is a great movie and very unrelated to what i feel and think is happening. Iv'e seen it twice with the whole family. She is not suddenly Superman and it would have been stupid to that, although i would like her to be at least on that level. there is no preaching in WW.

I thought [blackout]those chunks were just from it breaking apart as it would from being violently ripped out of its gravitational alignment and into the atmosphere of the planet they're on[/blackout], but you're right, it's hard to say based on the quality. Either way, things are gettin' pretty nuts. :woot:

Oh right. Will have to look closer when the proper version comes out. And this is great news for Hulk and his chances of going on a roller coaster ride through space. ;)

Hell way before she became Captain Marvel she was Binary...a ridiculously powerful character. That happened in the early 80s. The guy you quoted must not have read any comics in several decades lol.

And its not like she's ever really been weak. Even her original incarnation was basically Iron Man powerful, and I don't think she's ever been that low of power since ( aside from the odd "lost her powers" complication plot ). "More powerful than Hulk and Thor combined" is pushing it, but she usually is a pretty heavy hitter. Its just a question of whether she's "Cosmic Hero" power level ( Binary, much of the modern period ), or "Top Tier Avenger" power level ( most of the rest ).

Anyone think the new Marvel vs Capcom game will give a glimpse at anything in her movie? Maybe the outfit outside the art they showed or a special move.

Will be interesting to see how they represent her. If she's a little different to what we've seen before it might suggest similarities with what we'll get in the film.

Anyone think the new Marvel vs Capcom game will give a glimpse at anything in her movie? Maybe the outfit outside the art they showed or a special move.

I doubt it. They're very obviously drawing from the movies to some degree but from what it sounds like Marvel Studios doesn't have any input on the game itself.

GyGttqo.jpg

Given the track record I have no doubt it's gonna look great on the big screen. That said, I do wish there was some yellow or gold in the design.

Given the track record I have no doubt it's gonna look great on the big screen. That said, I do wish there was some yellow or gold in the design.

You mean other than the star, the central stripe, and the piping around the red portions? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"