Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Jessica Drew can easily be a comedic foil. Seems like 90% of all her conversations with Carol in the comics are comedic in nature. BUT, I agree that the 90's might not be the best place to introduce her if we don't want to deal with more aging/de-aging fx.

how much de-ageing might we see in this film? Like every scene that would feature Samuel L. Jackson or Don Cheadle?

She definitely shouldn't be the Happy or Ganke of the movie, if that's what you mean. That would be reductive and a disservice to the character.

how much de-ageing might we see in this film? Like every scene that would feature Samuel L. Jackson or Don Cheadle?
Well, no. Just the ones where we see their faces. lol

If it's a period piece, I really don't see Jessica Drew being in this. I was already skeptical of her showing up anyway, but this just kinda clinched it for me.

Is Don Cheadle confirmed yet?

He hasn't been confirmed, period. People are just assuming he "must" be in there, because of a relationship in the comics.

I suspect there won't be too much de-aging, because there won't be too much appearance by established characters. Most of the action is probably taking place in space.

He hasn't been confirmed, period. People are just assuming he "must" be in there, because of a relationship in the comics.

I feel the same way about Jessica Drew. I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them are in it.

Brie:
I do kind of have fantasies of battling The Hulk, just because that's like, it's just visually so good.

4994110-3410606454-g1bj6.gif

After all the SJW crap seen on th US and elsewhere stating to backfire, having a female character bieng the "man" in the big fight scenes, you can start counting less tickets at the theater.Me and my family will not have this bull ****.And this coming from a Wonder woman fan who is actively lobbying with friends so they go see it. I want extremely powerfull female characters, not PC ********. And Ms. Marvell should not "by far be the heavy hitter", (not quoting, obvously), but one of them. I will not pay to seee the movie if this is the case and all of you so called fans shouldn't either. Hit their wallets nd they will listen.

Yep, if Captain Marvel's anywhere as good as this year's Marvel releases, I'll probably be seeing it 5 or 6 times in theaters. I love Carol and can't wait to see her kicking ass across the galaxy. :up:

I suspect there won't be too much de-aging, because there won't be too much appearance by established characters. Most of the action is probably taking place in space.

Ok thanks. Although I would like to see him in if possible.

After all the SJW crap seen on th US and elsewhere stating to backfire, having a female character bieng the "man" in the big fight scenes, you can start counting less tickets at the theater.Me and my family will not have this bull ****.And this coming from a Wonder woman fan who is actively lobbying with friends so they go see it. I want extremely powerfull female characters, not PC ********. And Ms. Marvell should not "by far be the heavy hitter", (not quoting, obvously), but one of them. I will not pay to seee the movie if this is the case and all of you so called fans shouldn't either. Hit their wallets nd they will listen.

Well that settles it...

BXvpnWt.gif

Yep, if Captain Marvel's anywhere as good as this year's Marvel releases, I'll probably be seeing it 5 or 6 times in theaters. I love Carol and can't wait to see her kicking ass across the galaxy. :up:

Thats a lot of ass kicking. Lol. It be nice if she crossed paths with a certain asgardian warrior. They'd do so much more and maybe do a little damage against Hulk.

Not sure though if there has been any interactions between Carol and Sif in the comics but pretty sure on Valkerie...the blonde version. I have New Ultimates: Thor Reborn. Its pretty crazy. Love the artwork.

I'm a little tired of the SJW/Trump/Resistance nonsense in Marvel Comics, but this is Marvel Studios we're talking about. Unlike the comics division, MS actually cares about their fans. Honestly, it's these regular action movies where you have women taking out dudes more than twice their size that's unbelievable. Now, if the movie is enjoyable, none of that matters, I guess. But, I just don't see the issue with having the most powerful superhero being a woman. You are supposed to kind of suspend your belief anyways. It's fantasy. On top of that, this is Marvel's Captain Marvel we're talking about. Marvel has had several Captain Marvel's and DC has their own. So, to the uninitiated, it would seem as if she is Marvel's flagship superhero. She has the company in her name for crying out loud.

Basically, Captain Marvel will totally SLAY and there is nothing you can do about it.

Speaking of SLA Y, which Avenger/Guardian would most likely utter the phrase YAAS QUEEN in Avengers 4 after Carol torally SLAYS or does something really cool?

1500959175075.gif

Last edited:
so it starts filming in 6 months right? and it is an origin story. any other news besides it's featuring the Skrulls and Nick Fury

so it starts filming in 6 months right? and it is an origin story. any other news besides it's featuring the Skrulls and Nick Fury
Don't forget the 90's setting and the confirmation of the Kree-Skrull War. But yeah, that's about all we have that's solid. There was a recent "leak" that claimed Mar-Vell is indeed involved, along with a nod to the old costume, but who knows how legit that was. That's the kind of basic speculation anyone could make.

Nick Fury makes the most sense to appear so i am glad he is in it. Id like to see Agent Carter - that be great.

skrulls ....oh yeah im so in. :woot:

Don't forget the 90's setting and the confirmation of the Kree-Skrull War. But yeah, that's about all we have that's solid. There was a recent "leak" that claimed Mar-Vell is indeed involved, along with a nod to the old costume, but who knows how legit that was. That's the kind of basic speculation anyone could make.

Nod to the old costume. I think it's this one:

Ms-Marvel-Carol-Danvers-Marvel-Comics-3-d.jpg

It's a forgone conclusion that Marvel would never adapt that costume without making some notable changes. It would look more like this:

screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-84849-pmpng.png

Both costumes are mostly red and form a v. Below that, her stomach is showing. That is obviously not the case in the concept art.

:dry:

Dude, you're acting as if they're picking a female character at random and turning her into the most powerful MCU hero just because she's a woman, which is clearly not the case here.

Instead, the character that's about to receive that title is the one who also happens to be capable of doing minor, unimpressive feats of power like, I don't know... ABSORBING ENERGY FROM SINGULARITIES AND TURNING INTO A COSMIC GODDESS.

After all the SJW crap seen on th US and elsewhere stating to backfire, having a female character bieng the "man" in the big fight scenes, you can start counting less tickets at the theater.

Yeah it's backfiring really hard.

LWKdOeW.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"