Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

I really don't think that they set this up so that Carol could have a small role in the movie, tbh.

That would be very unlike Marvel Studios. There will probably be some surprises in store. But I expect her to do something that is pivotal.

They are not revealing a lot, but I would guess that...

The Quantum Realm aspect is only one part of the equation for eventually reversing the snap.
Yea, since she's going to be with them from the beginning, I expect her to have a decent screentime.

I dunno I like her, more so if she can be more of an unapologetic smug who doesn’t give a fly what you think and she just go ahead and does and says what is right and just. She reminds me the toughest most audacious person with the biggest balls I know who turns out to be a very dear friend and a woman. And she eats men for breakfast, literally. I’d be happy if she (CM) leads MCU.

I dunno I like her, more so if she can be more of an unapologetic smug who doesn’t give a fly what you think and she just go ahead and does and says what is right and just. She reminds me the toughest most audacious person with the biggest balls I know who turns out to be a very dear friend and a woman. And she eats men for breakfast, literally. I’d be happy if she (CM) leads MCU.
I think we'll see more of that Carol going forward

Oscar or not, Brie Larson is a great actress. I haven't seen her in much, but what I have I've really liked. So, bring it on!:D

I think we'll see more of that Carol going forward

Keep in mind that a big part of her character arc in Captain Marvel is about being herself.
Yon-Rogg spends the entire movie telling her to act stoic at all times and suppress her emotions. The climax of the movie is her rejecting that and just blasting him instead of fighting on his terms.

So I do think going forward she will be more of the Carol Danvers we want.

yikes lol now i liked captain marvel a solid super hero flick but even i will admit she is by far the weakest lead actor of the mcu

hope russo make her way better

I disagree. Both as an actor overall (she's better than Hemsworth outside of the Thor movies at a minimum) and within the MCU itself (where I think the weakest by a mile was Ed Norton).

Keep in mind that a big part of her character arc in Captain Marvel is about being herself.
Yon-Rogg spends the entire movie telling her to act stoic at all times and suppress her emotions. The climax of the movie is her rejecting that and just blasting him instead of fighting on his terms.

So I do think going forward she will be more of the Carol Danvers we want.
Exactly right.
It's also about her discovering who she is and when she does, her personality starts to shine through in the third act

I don’t understand some of the fan girl griping about how Larson looks in Endgame compared to this movie, ie her lipstick compared to her “makeup free” look in her origin movie.

It’s rather petty.

Exactly right.
It's also about her discovering who she is and when she does, her personality starts to shine through in the third act
epecially when she contact with the Skrulls in combat.

Last edited:
I don’t understand some of the fan girl griping about how Larson looks in Endgame compared to this movie, ie her lipstick compared to her “makeup free” look in her origin movie.

It’s rather petty.

Why do you think it's petty?

Heading out shortly for round 2 with la familia. Everyone says it's better the second time so I'm looking forward to it

I thought it was pretty good the first time but I think I've been on this forum enough in the past week and read plenty of spoiler articles that I didn't have a hard time making many of the connections people said you grasp on the second viewing.

Without trolling through all nine threads on the film, can anyone tell me how:
the Tesseract features here?
This film is set in the mid 90’s(?), the object in question was lost in Captain America and found again (by Howard Stark) in later years before ending up wit SHIELD, so how did Mar Vell ever manage to acquire it? I’m feeling some inconsistencies here, but likewise wonder whether I’m missing something.

This film is set in the mid 90’s(?), the object in question was lost in Captain America and found again (by Howard Stark) in later years before ending up wit SHIELD, so how did Mar Vell ever manage to acquire it? I’m feeling some inconsistencies here, but likewise wonder whether I’m missing something.
Howard Stark found it on behalf of the Strategic Scientific Reserve, aka, the US Government. Mar-Vell was working on a US Government project. It's been US Government property the whole time.

I don't know if this was brought up before but, did you guys saw rumors that some theaters have empty seats during the movie's weekend showings?

By the way, I already saw the movie last weekend and I think it was a good origin story.

Because it's such a small visual detail to get angry about.

I have seen quite a lot of praise for how she is dressed for bed on Hala. You may think it is a small detail. But, sometimes, it is the small details that are important.

Why do you think it's petty?
Because there is around 23 years difference between CM and A:E.....there is a decent chance that she would change her hair and makeup in that time. Hell....Black Widow changes her hair every movie.

To add to what FlickChick said......the base that Mar-Vell was working at when she used the tesseract is the same base that it is being used at in the first AVENGERS movies when Loki comes and steals it.

Are you serious? That’s barely 3 months. That’s less than how long it took Venom to go to Blu-Ray. It would still be in some theaters then as well.

I wonder if it’s befause the Disney+ service is supposed to launch this fall, and they are saying CM will be available when it launches. So they are trying to squeeze as much out of the home video sales as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"