Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

Are you serious? That’s barely 3 months. That’s less than how long it took Venom to go to Blu-Ray. It would still be in some theaters then as well.

I wonder if it’s befause the Disney+ service is supposed to launch this fall, and they are saying CM will be available when it launches. So they are trying to squeeze as much out of the home video sales as much as possible.
I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else, but it sounds about right. Infinity War was released on blu-ray in August and Ant-Man and the Wasp was October. Usually it's about 4 months though, so it could be July.

I know it's a different scenario, but Spiderverse was out on digital and still in theaters in some places. Same with the likes of Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book is still playing at my theater. Obviously different situations but it's not unprecedented

I'm guessing it's the end of June. Since it came out the first week of March, that would be almost 4 months.

I'm guessing it's the end of June. Since it came out the first week of March, that would be almost 4 months.
Sounds about right. DVDreleasedates.com says "it's estimated for a June release" That's probably where that Twitter account saw it

Heading out shortly for round 2 with la familia. Everyone says it's better the second time so I'm looking forward to it

I agree on that. Thought it was good the first time, but better the second time. I'll see how it comes across with a third viewing.

I don't know if this was brought up before but, did you guys saw rumors that some theaters have empty seats during the movie's weekend showings?

By the way, I already saw the movie last weekend and I think it was a good origin story.

Obvious lies are obvious.

I hate to give them credit, but the gamer gaters, incels, mras and other assorted garbage humans were 100% correct in warning like minded individuals away from Captain Marvel. The film wears its unabashed feminism on its sleeve with not so subtle touches like
A male mentor and supposed ally sabotaging Carol, a father and male colleagues cutting her down, and a gender swapped Mar-Vell that manages to maintain what most resonates with the character

I liked the film a lot and appreciated that the pro female message really resonated with my wife. But if you hate women this one ain't for you.

I didn't think the pro female message was overdone.
Barely felt it , not in a smothered way, at least.

I hate to give them credit, but the gamer gaters, incels, mras and other assorted garbage humans were 100% correct in warning like minded individuals away from Captain Marvel. The film wears its unabashed feminism on its sleeve with not so subtle touches like
A male mentor and supposed ally sabotaging Carol, a father and male colleagues cutting her down, and a gender swapped Mar-Vell that manages to maintain what most resonates with the character

I liked the film a lot and appreciated that the pro female message really resonated with my wife. But if you hate women this one ain't for you.

Hardly noticed while I was watching, and barely take any notice now. I would give them some credit if they also took issue of movies of male chauvinism. At least be equal-opportunity haters.:cwink:

But, there are several strong male leads who heavily support Carol. Fury, Coulson, Talos... Any three of them is worth far more than a few side-characters who tried to keep Carol down.

My one thought on that issue was
”Well, I’m glad that Jude Law’s character didn’t turn out to be Mar-Vell...” I didn’t mind that change, because it doesn’t really change the core character.

Watched this again yesterday and enjoyed it more. I loved it the first time, gave it 8.5, but somehow It got better for me. The first act didn't drag as much as it did before. Captain Marvel was really a combination of Star trek and terminator 2. Carol getting back up never stops giving me chills. I can't wait to see where Marvel and Brie takes Carol in the future.

Jude law was the showstealer. His performance was very authoritative and his heel/villain turn was executed naturally unlike the Ares one in Wonder Women

I enjoyed the movie, and my wife loved seeing a such a powerful female character. The haters are just insecure.

Thats an ignorant statement dare i say.

The haters are a direct result of Brie's irresponsible and moronic comments before the movie released.

Plus the movie had a lot of flaws so some of the haters are just people who didnt like what they saw.

Personally i would like Markus and McFeely to write CM2 and the Russo brothers to direct because i cant let those awful things about the movie go apart from the retcons because they are inevitable at this point.

Lucklaster action.
A very awful way for Fury to lose his eye that undermines CA TWS.
The Skrulls were underused and abused.

I cant let those go.

7,5/10 and im not a hater , im rooting for every mcu film.

Last edited:
Personally, I call them haters, because they hated more than just the movie.
They attack Brie Larson, but they would have attacked any actress.

They didn't just hate the film,
They hate the idea of any actress/actor /any minoritiy ie: anybody different from them leading a Superhero film.

The haters are a direct result of Brie's irresponsible and moronic comments before the movie released.

Mr. Larson's comments were neither irresponsible nor moronic. They were insightful and thoughtful. But I can understand why they rubbed certain types of people the wrong way.

"The last time I trusted someone I lost an eye" - Where is the lie?

I thought using the Skrulls
as defeated and sympathetic refugees - taken directly from the comics - was terrific. Mendelsohn's Talos, in particular, was fantastic.
But I can understand why certain types of people would have a problem with this take.

Last edited:
Thats an ignorant statement dare i say.

Plus the movie had a lot of flaws so some of the haters are just people who didnt like what they saw.

Personally i would like Markus and McFeely to write CM2 and the Russo brothers to direct because i cant let those awful things about the movie go apart from the retcons because they are inevitable at this point.

Lucklaster action.

I cant let those go.

7,5/10 and im not a hater , im rooting for every mcu film.
What about her comments were moronic? That she wants more diversity in journalism and with critics? The fact that she actually had research done to prove her point?
A lot of people praised the Skrulls in this and chances are they'll be around for the sequel.

Mr. Larson's comments were neither irresponsible NOR moronic. They were insightful and thoughtful. But I can understand why they rubbed certain types of people the wrong way.

"The last time I trusted someone I lost an eye" - Where is the lie?

I thought using the Skrulls
as defeated and sympathetic refugees - taken directly from the comics - was terrific. Mendelsohn's Talos, in particular, was fantastic.
But I can understand why certain types of people would have a problem with this take.
1. If anyone replaced the white with black in "i dont want any 40 year old white men..." they would be called a racist.
I guess you dont see the double standard the irony and the hypocrisy here ey ?

"It wasnt made for them"
Who are you to tell us who it was made for Brie ? Did the film company said anything in their marketing about the wrinkle in time can be only viewed and reviewd by a specific demographic ?

I was under the impression that my opinions and movie reviews should be judged by their MERIT and not the colour of my skin my age , my race or my sexual orientation.

Brie's comments were bigoted and anyone who says different is using a double standard which is hypocritical and discriminatory.

Thats logic not opinion.

Finally read my specific response to the quote below for extra reasoning.

2. Winter Soldier was a darker , grittier and more serious movie and the line "The last time I trusted someone I lost an eye" certainly feels cheap when you know how he lost it after watching CM. If you cant see that then we just disagree. For me its a betrayal or a mistake on the part of CM writers.

3. The Skrulls are a force to be reckoned with. They were made a bunch of hiding wimps.
Im totally aware that contracts and the state of the MCU means we wouldnt get a secret invasion anyways at least not anytime soon in this continuity but with how CM dealt with the Skrulls uou certainly cant have it done.

I didnt like the CM Skrulls. Its my opinion and many people agree.

What about her comments were moronic? That she wants more diversity in journalism and with critics? The fact that she actually had research done to prove her point?
A lot of people praised the Skrulls in this and chances are they'll be around for the sequel.

The problem is that Brie and sjw dont understand how statistics work and that statistical imbalance DOESNT equal injustice.

Female economists have debunked the gender pay gap. A fact not their opinion.
Female CEOs have said women dont like certain jobs. A fact not their opinion.

You cant force diversity everywhere because certain groups DO NOT WANT to be involved in certain fields.

Brie is making a lot of assumptions which are basically false accusations which is punishable by law.

Noone is forcing females or people of colour out of the review business.

You cant have 50-50 or 25-25-25-25 everywhere because people choose different things in life.

You can make a case that we need to make minor adjustments but the claims of blatant inequality is totally BS and based on emotions rather than on facts.

I hate to break it to you but in the western world most of the positions in occupations are based on skill and earnt respect.

And if you want to make certain claims at least choose better wording.
Brie could have easily done a better job communicating her ideas.

P.S. I hate her as a person now but i like her CM. Just like i hate RDJ but i like his IM.

Last edited:
Take this debate to the Brie Larson thread.

Thank you

I kinda was asked about her.

I was originally discussing the parts of the movie i didnt like.

Not everyone who doesnt like the film much is a hater.

I enjoyed the movie overall but i cant let go of certain elements of the film.

I kinda was asked about her.

I was originally discussing the parts of the movie i didnt like.

Not everyone who doesnt like the film much is a hater.

I enjoyed the movie overall but i cant let go of certain elements of the film.

Per forum notice from earlier, the discussion of Brie Larson comments is to be isolated solely to her thread. That goes for everyone. As for your other specific plot points you reference, those are fine to discuss in here.

I'm Married, Straight, 40ish, white, and by most standards, a redneck.
A Solid 8/10 from me.
It drug a bit in the first half but picked up in the 2nd, especially the last 3rd.

d24pkjwuswm21.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"