Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

Per forum notice from earlier, the discussion of Brie Larson comments is to be isolated solely to her thread. That goes for everyone. As for your other specific plot points you reference, those are fine to discuss in here.

I would think the user review or spoiler thread would be more appropriate but that's just me.

d24pkjwuswm21.png

Who's that?

Hey guys.
So, I was able to see this in IMAX during my trip in Brasil, opening night!
The theater was packed to capacity, with a huge line to go in... And that was for a screening with assigned seating!
I loved the movie, and I'm relieved it's doing so well.
Suck it Perlmutter. Suck it haters!

About the only negative thing I can say is I wanted more. The movie felt short to me. There was a lot left unexplained. But I know that comes with my knowledge of the comics, and that they've left many things out on purpose to be used in the sequels.

I know they wanted their big Avengers in May, but I think things would have flowed better if it went Ant-Man & Wasp (just move the mid credits scene to IW) > Infinity War > Captain Marvel > End Game. Captain Marvel seems like it should directly follow the end credits scene in IW and serve as a bridge to End Game. On marathon rewatches, I'll probably watch them in that order.

I found this movie watchable but underwhelming. I like humor, chemistry between Carol and Fury, and what they did with the Skrulls. Have nothing bad to say about the production value.

But the action set pieces are by far the weakest the MCU has to offer. Carol fighting with handcuffs was the only thing that was kinda cool. Everything else was underwhelming.

This is also the weakest origin story in the MCU. There is a lot of telling instead of showing in regards to Carol’s characterization. And what is shown about her is done so quick that it just doesn’t resonate.

Sorry to say this but I think this is the weakest MCU film.

D2Dj1A4WsAAOhdv

Looks like the movie was supposed to have cool things in it at one point. :o

Why don't you have a tab to continue to the next thread at the end of the old one?

D2Dj1A4WsAAOhdv

Would have preferred showing her time on Star Force rather than her buddy cop adventure with Fury should made no sense.

Would have preferred showing her time on Star Force rather than her buddy cop adventure with Fury should made no sense.
If you don't mind me asking, what the heck is that thing in your avatar? Don't tell me it's a banana because it's clearly not.

D2Dj1A4WsAAOhdv

This could be something they could put into the sequel, esp if it is set before the main Avengers timeline and details her adventures before coming back to Earth.

But, there were a lot of cool things in this movie!:D

D2Dj1A4WsAAOhdv

See, if I were writing the sequel, I'd put this kind of thing in there as an opening action sequence,
like she's "winning" the freedom of some Skrulls who've been forced into a fight ring or something, and then interrupt it with Monica's voice, with the something to the effect of, "you said what?" and then reveal Carol sitting around a picnic table outside in Louisiana with Maria and Monica (and Goose!), just filling them in on her latest adventures. I feel like that would be a nice shorthand way to answer a lot of people's questions after this movie - namely whether she'd been back to Earth, been in contact with Fury, where's Goose, etc.

Does she or anyone ever call her Captain Marvel in this movie - I don't seem to recall that name ever being mentioned which seems odd to me...seems like the little girl should have given her that name when Carol calls her Lt. Trouble...

Does she or anyone ever call her Captain Marvel in this movie - I don't seem to recall that name ever being mentioned which seems odd to me...seems like the little girl should have given her that name when Carol calls her Lt. Trouble...

No. But I have a feeling when she introduces herself to the gang in EG, she will say something like, "I'm Carol, or (eye roll) as Fury named me, Captain Marvel. Don't ask."

I gotta get a 3rd round in at some point...screw it maybe today!

I’ve seen it 6 times now, which is usually my limit. But IDK, after I see Us, I’m gonna want to use my A-list on something next week, and it ain’t gonna be Dumbo, lol.

I gotta get a 3rd round in at some point...screw it maybe today!

I’ve seen it 6 times now, which is usually my limit. But IDK, after I see Us, I’m gonna want to use my A-list on something next week, and it ain’t gonna be Dumbo, lol.
It said it was available today with MoviePass, but got there and my card was declined. Time to cancel lol

It said it was available today with MoviePass, but got there and my card was declined. Time to cancel lol
If you live in an area with AMC’s, A-List is the dream I wanted MoviePass to be, lol. I get to use it on Dolby Atmos and IMAX shows, get my opening night tickets in advance for all the big releases, see the same movies as many times as I want, even get concessions discounts and rewards back. And I’ve never had a single issue with the app or getting into a movie I wanted. It’s beautiful.

The closest we get is from Fury at the end, when he contracts Mar-vell into Marvell, she corrects and he responds by saying that Marvell sounds better.

I wouldn't be surprised if the file he has on her is title Captain Marvell.

If you live in an area with AMC’s, A-List is the dream I wanted MoviePass to be, lol. I get to use it on Dolby Atmos and IMAX shows, get my opening night tickets in advance for all the big releases, see the same movies as many times as I want, even get concessions discounts and rewards back. And I’ve never had a single issue with the app or getting into a movie I wanted. It’s beautiful.
I wish I did but the closest AMC is a little bit out of the way. MoviePass was great when my theater was still an e-ticket theater, but has been awful ever since was removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"