Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

I'm sure it's been brought up by now but for those of you who've seen it...aside from the movie itself, which I really enjoyed...

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that Marvel Studios Logo this time around?

Just so much YES.
I was caught so off guard, I’m so glad no one told me about it beforehand. It was so touching.

Just got back. LOVED it. Easily one of Marvel’s best, and that’s saying a lot. Brie Larson is fantastic in the lead role. Jackson, Mendelsohn, Lynch, Law and Benning are all very strong too. Bring on Endgame!

Yes! So glad you loved it - I agree wholeheartedly!

I liked it, but didn’t necessarily love it. Still, it gave me moments I was hoping for, including the cinematic debut of one of my favorite characters:

D1GxUTDWkAAOzBi

Also, the Stan Lee tribute was perfect and the mid credits scene was fire!!! I’m seeing it a second time this afternoon.

I was first exposed to Monica Rambeau in Warren Ellis' Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. and I loved her in it :D

I don't think we'll see this iteration in the MCU but can't wait to see her nonetheless.

I think it was great of them to introduce Monica to us as a young girl.
And, I can't wait to meet Maria Rambeau on Saturday!

I was first exposed to Monica Rambeau in Warren Ellis' Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. and I loved her in it :D
Never read that, but I loved her and Carol as teammates in Al Ewing's Ultimates.

Side note, when little Monica had that line
about how someday she could be a superhero too, or something to that effect, a few members of my audience clapped.
I loved that. People are ready for her!

I can't wait to meet adult Monica (hopefully) in the sequel.
I think we will see her in Endgame briefly. Maybe Maria is dusted and the daughter is alone or if we see future Cassie as a super hero maybe Monica and her are teamed up. They have an age gap but still can fight together.

The drink menu tonight at the Moolah Theater in St. Louis.
D1HEwi7VYAAIZyR.jpg:large
I'm gonna be late so order me a Super Skrull and Princess Sparklefists to go. :cwink:

Ugh! I'm waiting until Sunday (or Monday...) Damn I wish I was seeing this earlier.
Me too. I will be seeing it Sunday.
Posting my review tomorrow. It is going to be positive :up:
OMG this movie is so good! Longer review later, but for now: THIS IS THE BEST MARVEL ORIGIN FILM EVER.
Holy crap! Carol has become one of my FAVORITE characters in the MCU and this is my favorite MCU origin since Iron Man. Action packed
You are correct, I did, in fact LOVE IT. :D And I look forward to seeing it two more times this weekend, and two more times after that, as I already have planned with different people, lol.
I'm so happy you guys love it!

I got some more sleep and my showing is now only 3 and a bit hours away. A bit more bearable than 7!

I think it was great of them to introduce Monica to us as a young girl.
And, I can't wait to meet Maria Rambeau on Saturday!
I’ve liked everything I’ve seen of Maria so far. Looking forward to seeing her and her camaraderie with Carol.

I think we will see her in Endgame briefly. Maybe Maria is dusted and the daughter is alone or if we see future Cassie as a super hero maybe Monica and her are teamed up. They have an age gap but still can fight together.
I don't think adult Monica will appear yet. She's an important character, marvel will take their time casting her. But I think we will definitely see her in captain marvel 2.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the movie, but that art is awesome!

I don't think adult Monica will appear yet. She's an important character, marvel will take their time casting her. But I think we will definitely see her in captain marvel 2.
Agreed. I’d expect her to be introduced in the CM sequel and then start moving into the wider MCU.

I'm sure it's been brought up by now but for those of you who've seen it...aside from the movie itself, which I really enjoyed...

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that Marvel Studios Logo this time around?

Just so much YES.

My theater cheered with that one

So that was pretty great. Not my favorite MCU movie but I was pleasantly surprised with where things went and how it all played out. The first act is probably the weakest but it more than sticks the landing.

My biggest complaint has nothing to do with the movie: we saw it at a Dine-in theater and I had no idea the screen quality would’ve been so awful. I missed so much of the detail and special effects because everything was so fuzzy and dim.

Right, I'm about to leave for the cinema! Will probably be a bit early but don't want to risk missing anything with traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"