• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Cars

Oakley said:
I used to be Atta at Walt Disney World among other characters.

:D That's what I thought you meant.

Cool. :cool: What's it like?

cmill216 said:
:D That's what I thought you meant.

Cool. :cool: What's it like?

She was fun, but she had a HUGE thorax that banged into lots of stuff.

Cars is great. I don't really have time for an indepth review, but wow, what a great movie.

What thing is the character of Atta at Disney World from?

TheVileOne said:
What thing is the character of Atta at Disney World from?

Princess Atta from A Bug's Life.

the sequel has barely gotten any promotion. I have only seen two commercials for it.

I might, MIGHT, give Lake House a rental.

a little too long, and the first half is slow, but it was pretty good. My son loved it....my little girl feel asleep.

The tractor tipping scene was great, and mater was defenantly the best character. I even laughed when he yelled out "git r done", and that normally annoys me to death.

In terms of Pixar films, I rank Cars ahead of Monsters Inc. but behind everything else.

I love Monster's Inc. IN fact, it's my personal fav.

"Cars" to me is...I don't know. Intially, I had a hard time relating to...talking cars. I can do it with toys, fish, monsters, and bugs, I just didn't buy cars emoting. I don't have a real reason...maybe because they're not 'humanoid' enough.

The other thing that I didn't like was the story. I knew what they were going for, but it was done before. You know how most movies repeat the same formulaic storyline again and again? This is the case. Now, in most movie with repeating storylines, they CAN work if the characters were compelling enough. But with "Cars" I didn't care too much about anybody but the two Italian cars.

To me, the story didn't go anywhere. Lightning was stuck in a small town and learns his lesson. There's nothing much to it, really.

The CGI was great, however. The backgrounds were.....nice!

All and all, I think this is the worst Pixar movie. Then again, the worst PIxar movie is lightyears (pun intented) than most movies out there, so it's not much of an insult.

GRADE: B-

Man-Thing said:
a little too long, and the first half is slow, but it was pretty good. My son loved it....my little girl feel asleep.

The tractor tipping scene was great, and mater was defenantly the best character. I even laughed when he yelled out "git r done", and that normally annoys me to death.

I hated the "Git r done". It seemed poorly timed and just a stupid reference to a completely unfunny comedian.

Matt said:
I hated the "Git r done". It seemed poorly timed and just a stupid reference to a completely unfunny comedian.

Yeah, that line was forced in there, at least his "that's funny I don't care who you are " line was put in at a good spot.

Let's all take a deep breath......and exhale. Ok, now that your quivering bungholes have released a little anger, let's think about this. Let's be honest, if this film was released by any other studio, you'd all be filling the internet with venom this morning about what a piece of garbage it is. It's crap, plain and simple.

It starts off pretty good. The opening race is fun and exciting, which kind of surprised me because I hate NASCAR. But then it quickly, and I mean quickly, nosedives into the crap bucket.

It's the same old "snotty superstar" story we've all seen 1,000 times before. He's popular, he knows it, he's lost touch with who he is as a person, er car.

So he "finds himself" in a small town. The only thing I found in that town was utter boredom. There's too many characters and we never get anything from them but stereotypes.

The whole mess is completely predictable and actually, condescending. I guess interstates are bad now. Ummm, ok?

And the characters are so mind-numbingly stupid. Here's an example. After the interstate is built, which completely bypasses the town, they put up a banner saying "Welcome interstate travelers" and then are stunned when no one shows up. Let me say again that the interstate BYPASSES the town! They're not a waystop, they are way out in the boonies on a long and winding road out into the desert. I'm trying to imagine a scenerio, ANY scenerio, in which an interstate traveler would see that banner. It's just ******ed.

The film does occassionally pick up for brief moments. Lightning McQueen, the lead character voiced by the whiney and nasal Owen Wilson, and some Porsche chick go for a very cliche romance-ride through the back country. That was nicely done if bold-facedly over-sentimental. The end race was kind of exciting if anti-climactic.

I've got to say that Pixar has screwed the pooch here. Cars sucks. I love Pixar as much as the next guy but their stock just fell because of this film. The kids in my theater were just as bored as I was and about an hour in started running around the theater. Unfortunately the film we saw portrayed in that first teaser trailer is the film we got in the end. The teaser for Rattattouille was pretty fun so maybe we'll have better luck next year.

No, Cars sucked and was boring and pretentious drivel. If any other studio had made it you'd all be deriding it today. But because it's Pixar and fanboys refuse to see reality for what it is, you're all praising it today.:rolleyes:

I agree wholeheartedly and my mini-review was pretty much the same. The only thing that saved this movie for me was the final 20-30 minutes and the credits at the end. I took my two nieces to see Cars and both of them really didn't like it. One of'em was bored and wanted to leave within the first 30-40 minutes of the movie...I don't think the Nascar stuff was interesting to her.

I greatly disliked Finding Nemo, so I wouldn't be surprised if this movie sucked.

Fettastic said:
No, Cars sucked and was boring and pretentious drivel. If any other studio had made it you'd all be deriding it today. But because it's Pixar and fanboys refuse to see reality for what it is, you're all praising it today.:rolleyes:
Kinda like with Finding Nemo!

I didn't care for Finding Nemo much either, the only saving grace for that movie was Ellen DeGeneres (IMO). But the Incredibles makes up for that.

Was there any need for this thread other than you not feeling like you're not getting enough attention?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"