The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

5th time lucky hey.

I give every project a chance whether its DC/WB or Marvel/Disney before I see it.

I may like it. I may not. I may be in the middle on it.

If I don't like the film, I'm not gonna be shy about it.

But I'm not gonna review the film before I've seen it.

First and foremost I want a charismatic actor for Lex. This Luthor has a likable public persona but is a real stone cold bastard behind the scenes, sometimes going as far as physically abusing right-hand woman Mercy Graves.

George Clooney
Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Leonardo Dicaprio
Matthew Mcconaughey
Denzel Washington
Bradley Cooper
Matt Damon
Hugh Jackman
Dwayne Johnson
Sylvester Stallone
Chris Pratt
Adam Sandler
Alec Baldwin
Bob Odenkirk
Dennis Leary
Jeff Goldblum
Donald Glover
John Cusack
John David Washington
John C. Reilly
John Krasinski
Eddie Murphy
Forrest Whitaker
LaKeith Stanfield
Sasha Baron-Cohen
Sterling K. Brown
Cuba Gooding Jr.
Pierce Brosnan
Ice-T
Tom Hanks
Casey Affleck
Adam Driver
Jason Bateman

Nicolas Cage is my number one pick for a few reasons. He has a huge screen presence with his own innate charm. He's an Oscar-winng actor with "massive" talent. He's a huge fan of Superman who was cast to play Superman, and that's an interesting meta- narrative. He's cheap these days too. :)

Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, heck, even Bradley Cooper....

David Corenswet as Clark
2b63755349ade821732693f1619a0b1d.jpg

Naomi Scott as Lois
Aladdin+Press+Conference+Photocall+YkqhLdrdTRKl.jpg

Michael B. Jordan as Lex
d706a1996381bcae4e13074e7eb2b2b9.jpg

Nick Offerman as Perry

Toby Stephens as Sam
bbae89e97bd94187300e3a3730520c15.jpg

Lindsey Morgan as Mercy
AngelaMarklew_LindseyMorgan_LucaMag-106.jpg

Sabrina Carpenter as Kara
actor-sabrina-carpenter-92794_large.jpg

Ty Simpkins as Jimmy
81119286a9eedf1e8bfaa002e8aaa314--ty-simpkins-the-nice-guys.jpg

Ethan Hawke as Jonathan
Erzbn0yXAAst0jv.jpg

Elizabeth Mitchell as Martha
03bb210139cb83b72c9aaaac03d4e095.jpg

Ioan Gruffud as Jor-El
f3abdc5d95723fb7bda55e9dd6f1e6d83b888015_00.jpg

Jennifer Connelly as Lara
Screen%2BShot%2B2017-06-08%2Bat%2B7.38.05%2BAM%2B%255Bwww.imagesplitter.net%255D.jpeg

Mads Mikkelsen as Zod
b242bbd4ab2c6141548df192a44e7525.jpg

Ralph Fiennes as Brainiac
4e4BeBIj_400x400.jpg

Adam Driver as Parasite
ED4L3qiXUAARJPm.png

Oliver-Jackson Cohen as Metallo
EkET2sOUcAEM7uC.jpg

My choice for Lex Luthor:

Simon Baker. I think he would be absolutely killer in the role. It would be quite a different and unique pick from the actors usually suggested but personally I think he would do fantastic

First and foremost I want a charismatic actor for Lex. This Luthor has a likable public persona but is a real stone cold bastard behind the scenes, sometimes going as far as physically abusing right-hand woman Mercy Graves.

George Clooney
Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Leonardo Dicaprio
Matthew Mcconaughey
Denzel Washington
Bradley Cooper
Matt Damon
Hugh Jackman
Dwayne Johnson
Sylvester Stallone
Chris Pratt
Adam Sandler
Alec Baldwin
Bob Odenkirk
Dennis Leary
Jeff Goldblum
Donald Glover
John Cusack
John David Washington
John C. Reilly
John Krasinski
Eddie Murphy
Forrest Whitaker
LaKeith Stanfield
Sasha Baron-Cohen
Sterling K. Brown
Cuba Gooding Jr.
Pierce Brosnan
Ice-T
Tom Hanks
Casey Affleck
Adam Driver
Jason Bateman

Nicolas Cage is my number one pick for a few reasons. He has a huge screen presence with his own innate charm. He's an Oscar-winng actor with "massive" talent. He's a huge fan of Superman who was cast to play Superman, and that's an interesting meta- narrative. He's cheap these days too. :)

Always thought Denzel Washington would absolutely knock it out of the park as Lex. He has this uncanny ability to quickly switch between a warm/sincere character and icy, confident cold blooded killer, e.g. in the Equaliser.

After seeing Falcon as Cap WB/DC need to sign MbJ and do a Calvin Ellis Superman movie ASAP. It's time.

6cb4139649ea5d23bbecf23043f7576b5b6fcec9b5fdf2f96f28c2f1f805b8af.jpg

Last edited:
They need to cast an unknown for Superman. A well known actor won't work. Unknown in the lead and surround him with an A List cast.

Eli Goree

D6pcMNyU0AELGxR.jpg

I could see him pulling Superman off for sure; and would love to see an actor that’s not been in other franchises.

My top pick is Stephan James still, nevertheless. Another talented actor who hasn’t been swiped yet for a blockbuster; Superman would be a great fit for him.

WEG3YHZHAZHBJNQLSXEDWSNP5M.jpg

tumblr_pnwltguaD81qa3emao6_500.gif

My choice for Lex Luthor:

Simon Baker. I think he would be absolutely killer in the role. It would be quite a different and unique pick from the actors usually suggested but personally I think he would do fantastic

Interesting choice—he was pretty good as the slimy bad guy in The Devil Wears Prada but, admittedly I haven’t seen his other roles. I suspect WB will go for someone a bit more A-List though.

Bradley Cooper can give that same panache as Lex Luthor but also circulate a bit more buzz for the trades & moviegoers.

4kGR.gif

Eli Goree would be good because when they have Superman fight Muhammad Ali he can play both roles.

I’d prefer Clark and Lana’s relationship be at the forefront of this retelling. She’s aware of his secret and ultimately let’s him go so he can be Superman.

Lois will meanwhile be first introduced as a friendly rival and colleague of Clark’s at the Daily Planet, but she’s more interested in Superman.

Lana Lang:
Taylor Russell
2d22777bcfc4ad61e591ba5955f33ce6d5fc660d.gifv

Lois Lane: Naomi Scott
original.gif

I don't know his name but the father character in the show Them would make for a good Clark in a period piece

I’d prefer Clark and Lana’s relationship be at the forefront of this retelling. She’s aware of his secret and ultimately let’s him go so he can be Superman.

Lois will meanwhile be first introduced as a friendly rival and colleague of Clark’s at the Daily Planet, but she’s more interested in Superman.

Lana Lang:
Taylor Russell
2d22777bcfc4ad61e591ba5955f33ce6d5fc660d.gifv

Lois Lane: Naomi Scott
original.gif

Why?

I like the way it’s handled in Superman for All Seasons as part of Clark’s story and transition to becoming Superman—Lana encourages him when he’s having self doubts. And ultimately, she has to decide to let him go, knowing that he needs to grow beyond Smallville.

04-159.jpg

Of course I want Lois to be prominently featured in the film, but not as the love interest—like S:TAS or, again, Superman for All Seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"