Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by NanaT, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Well using Magneto again after DOFP depends on what the plan for future of
    films

1:If they do another film with first Class cast then obviously Michael fassbender will be back as magneto but that's a question mark with them correcting things
    2:If next film Is set In corrected future/present there Is defently possibilty
    of Ian Mckellen returning as Magneto but question Is do they still want to use
    magneto If they say are planning to bring In Apocalpse for future films.

Since Ian Mckellen has now done 6 films as gandalf,granted 4 as Grey version and 2 as white version,him returing Isn't out of question especilly Is Bryan Singer helms followup to DOFP.Also there Is chance that Fox put sequel clauses In contracts of OT actors for DOFP.Plus Days of future past puts to rest those rumors you couldn't get the OT actors to return to the X-Men.

2. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I just think they need to move on with new villains and focus on the X-Men.

They should bring back the original cast but the difference that they will have from the previous movies is that they should focus on them as a team and an individual. They haven't really done that before.

3. PoSeiDon

PoSeiDon Well-Known Member

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/06/20/joss-whedon-doesnt-care-about-x-men-quicksilver/

4. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

At least he's being professional about it. He never really seemed to think highly of the series.

5. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I doubt he isnt at least a bit excited for DOFP. He's a x-men fan after all, so this "non-talk" thing seems off to me.

He knows Bryan has a great story on his hands and the movie has an inmense potential, so its not that hard to say something positive.

but maybe he's really really pissed at Bryan after all, so right now doesnt want to say anything postive about the saga. fine. One year or another he'll say something, so Ill wait and see :)

6. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

He seemed pretty bitter about how X1 turned out if I recall.

7. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

yeah he may not like the current Xmen film franchise

8. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

oh really?

never read anything back in the day, chh. I guess it wasnt funny enough for him :yay:

9. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

I think that was more to do with him losing out on being director of the first X-Men movie. Fox wasn't digging his script treatment or something.

10. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

That's the only thing I remember about him and the X movies.
    I don't think he's ever expressed any negativity about the films themselves.

11. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

Joss has spoken a few times about his dissatisfaction for the movies, expressing genuine surprise that the first movie was even a hit. He gave some fascinating interviews in the past:

http://www.natoonline.org/infocus/05augustseptember/whedonuncut.htm

Hilariously, he also says this in the same interview:

There's also this:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joss-whedon,13730/

12. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I remember he was a contender for X3 too, and if Im right, he even spoke about it, time before Matthew was confirmed.

dont remember his words at all, tho

edited: oh, I see you had just posted all those quotes. Interesting. Im sure his X1 script had great momments, and maybe a few not so good momments too.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  13. Endeavor

Nice find Double B. I'd never read those

14. marvelrobbins

I find him lately being a bit argoent.Him saying on Avengers commantary there weren't any real comic book movies before first Iron Man.Forget X-Men for a minute your dismiss all superman,batman,and Spider-man films as not real comic book movies?

Agent of shield Is his first TV show I am not that excited about.I will continue to say doing a comic book based show and you can't include a single character from comic books?Really?

15. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

Definitely read both full articles if you have the time. He talks a lot about his career in general and the man gives some interesting insights. One of my favourite interviewees ever.

16. Endeavor

Comics book characters will be part of the show...

17. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Exactly!

18. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Whedon said "Spider-Man was the first film that absolutley got the essence of the book and turned it into a film". He's given many other Superhero films credit and is entitled to his opinion on what he prefers, just like you are.

19. marvelrobbins

He didn't say that on Avengers commantary.

Saying you were disappointed Is one thing but call all comic book based films before Iron man not real comic book movies?

I may hate Iron Man 3 but it's still a comic book movie.I just hate It.

20. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Well now you know he thinks Spider-Man was the first to nail down an adaptation. He has said this many times. Don't act like that one quote from the Avengers commentary represents all his thoughts on the subject.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffber...oss-whedon-on-trying-to-be-more-like-buffy/3/
    I'm sure he has plenty of personal reasons on why he thinks certain flicks are better then other or are "real" comic films. I disagree with some of his opinions on films. But whatever, the guy knows what he likes and has his reasons .

21. NJCaliboi

NJCaliboi Well-Known Member

Funny hearing Whedon say 'Batman Begins' was his favorite. I thought I was the sole person on planet earth to feel that way. People look at me crazy when I say that's the best Batman movie ever made, now at least I have one person who agrees...

22. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

Back to Quicksilver, anyone think they won't even acknowledge he's Magneto's son? I mean, they sure as heck didn't mention Juggernaut being Charles' half brother. And since they're only using him for an action sequence, it makes sense they wouldn't take the time to go into the backstory.

This movie just has too many characters and to throw in more just to see some cool powers is representative of everything wrong with this franchise.

23. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Maybe Singer wants to do it like the comics. Introduce him first, and later to reveal their connection.

In this case, on next movie.

I wouldnt be mad at this... IF this is Bryan's real plan. But if Bryan doesnt care about their family connection..... well, I reserve my opinion. :)

24. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

The fact that Alex and Scott Summers are not brothers and Mystique wasn't Nightcrawlers mom is more evidence that the family connections from the comics don't matter in the movies.

25. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

See we don't know what happened in the 10 years is since FC she might of had to give up a baby, might have an impact on her

Not sayin that will have happened or that will happen but at the moment we don't know

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.