Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure now that the franchise is on another place compared to X2, and Singer and Fox really want to expand the universe and please the fans much more from now, to gain more respect, recognition and success.... I have the feeling they want to pay more attention to the family connections.

Not for all characters, of course, but at least one or two connections for the upcoming sequels.

The fact that Alex and Scott Summers are not brothers and Mystique wasn't Nightcrawlers mom is more evidence that the family connections from the comics don't matter in the movies.

Just because it's not explicitly mentioned doesn't preclude that they can't be related. Like someone else said, Quicksilver wasn't introduced as Magneto's son he was revealed to be years later via retcon. They can always retcon it in later movies.

I imagine Pietro not knowing Magneto is his father but it's left up to interpretation with how Magneto talks to him and looks at him or reacts if he's hurt in a fight. Or maybe makes some passing references to his mother or sisters.

yeah, I see Singer teasing it one way or another.

And in the wait for first look at Evan as Pietro, here another great pic that gives me a really cool Pietro vibe:

3111329079_1_116_YKFeRbTh.jpg

All the sexiness of that picture vanished when I noticed that filthy creature on the tub.

Back to Quicksilver, anyone think they won't even acknowledge he's Magneto's son? I mean, they sure as heck didn't mention Juggernaut being Charles' half brother. And since they're only using him for an action sequence, it makes sense they wouldn't take the time to go into the backstory.

This movie just has too many characters and to throw in more just to see some cool powers is representative of everything wrong with this franchise.

Since Simon Kinberg wrote x3 and he's the screenwriter of DOFP, I hope he doesn't do this thing again where he included a lot of mutants JUST to do 1 action sequence or 1 to 2 scenes. X3 had a lot of that like Multiple Man, Psylocke, Omega Kid, Arclight, Moira, Trask and I think those roles (especially the Brotherhood extras) could just be given to Pyro, Juggernaut, Mystique and Callisto. I could be wrong with blaming Kinberg for those things since Zak Penn also wrote X3. But he's still one of the writers of X3, he should have known better to edit out some of the characters.

Its one thing that they were forced by FOX to do the Phoenix thing/Cure storyline in one movie. But to add and add a lot of characters is another.

If Dofp turned out to be an average / bad movie, Ill easily put the blame on Kinberg.

See we don't know what happened in the 10 years is since FC she might of had to give up a baby, might have an impact on her. Not sayin that will have happened or that will happen but at the moment we don't know

There's no such thing as "at the moment we don't know that they are related".

As long they don't bring up their relationship as mother/son, that relationship don't exist.

I'm pretty certain that the future scenes will have characters who are there just for the sake of one or two action sequences. But it might be forgiveable if the future is about war or organised resistance, which requires a group of characters.

I'm pretty certain that the future scenes will have characters who are there just for the sake of one or two action sequences. But it might be forgiveable if the future is about war or organised resistance, which requires a group of characters.

X3 was also about a war and organized resistance. I think when it comes to these things, a couple of display of powers from UNNAMED mutants would be fine. They don't need to address who they are, or give them a very notable role or give them scenes throughout the movie like as if they are also a supporting role. I didn't mind that mutant in X3 with lava coming out of his mouth because I know he was just there to fight with the soldiers.

It's pretty much a general consensus that Quicksilver will likely have a minor role in DOFP, but it appears as though that's not the case with the Avengers. This brief article mentions the agreement the studios have with the character and Whedon says he's making it a point not to know what Singer has planned..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177785-joss-whedon-says-quicksilver-and-scarlet-witch-a-huge-part-of-the-avengers-2

CraveOnline caught up with writer-director Joss Whedon on the red carpet for last night's Saturn Awards and asked him about the much-anticipated sequel and how he plans to balance his take on Quicksilver against what Bryan Singer has planned for the character in his own X-Men: Days of Future Past.

"[They're] a huge part of [Marvel's The Avengers 2]," Whedon says of Quicksilver and his sister, the Scarlet Witch. "I'm really excited about it. I don't know what they're doing and I'm determinably not knowing. They'll do their thing. I have to do mine."

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige previously revealed that rights allow for the mutant siblings to appear in both the Marvel cinematic universe and in 20th Century Fox's X-Men universe.

"We both have them," Feige told SuperHeroHype last summer. "There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with 'Avengers,' but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with 'The Avengers.'"

I don't mind if he's getting a bigger role in Avengers 2. DOFP shouldn't make him a very important character just because the other movie is giving him a big role. Both movies should do their own thing.

Haha More than a week later and it still cracks me up

I'm leery about QS in DOFP. I highly doubt they utilize him as Magneto's son, so the only benefit of him in the X-Universe over the MCU is that he's a mutant. I'd rather see Joss Whedon's take with QS/SW being Inhumans or something.

Pietro's house!!

Bryan Singer
‏@BryanSinger
House call. #Xmen #DaysOfFuturePast pic.twitter.com/1gdHgHdCtZ

BOVa9yZCEAAiLGe.jpg:large

Will Wanda be involved?? please, Bryan!!

Pietro's house!!

BOVa9yZCEAAiLGe.jpg:large

Will Wanda be involved?? please, Bryan!!

Really? Usually the hench men don't have houses in the xmen universe :wow:... Could they actually end up addressing pietro as magnetos son in a bigger way then we thought :wow:

Last edited:
That would certainly imply that there's a bit more depth to his role than I expected...

I kinda hope Wanda is there, too.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"