Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said in an interview with Bryan Singer, before First Class was released, he was asked if there were any other mutants he's wanted to put into the movies.

Quicksilver was apparently one of them.

:D

Im glad Singer named him back in the day. This just gives me a better taste regarding the announcement.

Sorry, Whedon. Singer more than likely had plans for Pietro since year 2010, but FC wasnt the right movie for some reason, in his opinion. But now, it seems to be the case.

We'll see why.

Yeah, I remember hearing Sunspot, Synch and Dazzler were close to being in FC. Think he wanted the fire and ice thing with Sunspot and Emma Frost or some ****.
I posted the scoop.

MTV splash posted an article back on 2011

Thanks Angamb:up: I skipped past that somehow. Since he likes the character hopefully he will be in it for more then a sequence.

Last edited:
And it's funny too. Because all I've read the past few days is FOX is so mean and evil for their deal with Marvel. I didn't hear anyone complaining back in 2000 when X-Men hit the big screen and was a hit.

It seemed to be people were pleased with FOX and Marvel for giving us an awesome big screen adaptation. Now it's "damn you FOX. You're so evil for wanting to use the characters you paid for."

Not many want to acknowledge that because of FOX and Marvel's deal, it allowed Marvel to form their own studio.

Yeah right now Fox is the big evil, and most of it stems from the poorly received movies from 2004 - 2009 period, which is understandable. The upcoming movies The Wolverine and X-Men Days of Future Past will probably cool off the hate for Fox, depending on how the movies are received. X-Men First Class was a good movie IMO, but it will take more to change peoples minds towards Fox's Marvel owned property. Fox supposedly has big plans for their Marvel properties X-Men and Fantastic Four so we will see how that plans and plays out.

Exactly. If the next two films are good, Fox will start getting a better rep. DofP is the big one though, I think people will be more forgiving if The Wolverine isnt so good.

They need DofP to be a big crowd pleaser. If it disappoints, they are screwed for awhile.

Well, my opinion!

i say marvel is guilty!

- They announced their inclusion way too soon, which is strange (probably they would know about Singer intentions).

- And Singer cant cast someone in 2 days for the part. There was always intentions to use it, and they took time to cast someone to get it right, and i think Quicksilver actor has the perfect look.

- And probably he was planning to use Magneto children in a alternate future, where we see what happens with certain Magneto decisions. Singer is always saying there are several time lines and futures, not just an alternative one.

And i would love to see S.Witch

They're guilty of nothing. Whedon announced it, not Marvel, because he was excited at including him and since he is a bit of a fanboy at heart, he couldn't keep it to himself. So drop this one sided attack on them.

And there were weeks between the initial Whedon announcement, and this recent casting, not two days, so stop exaggerating. Plenty of time to work in an action sequence, which is the only bit we've got confirmed for him, and cast the role.

Renner had a cameo on Thor.

But at the end of the day, A1 was that, the first movie. All the studios keep the new characters of the sequels under wraps until one year before the movie or so, some months before filming starts.

Not two years.

Which was added in post production, not done during initial filming, and was widely reported as such.

And please stop saying this is not how it's done because you clearly don't know that. Characters get announced at all sorts of time intervals in pre-production, from years to months. Malekith was announced relatively early. Falcon was definitely announced early. What is strange is an 11th hour casting when a movie's main production is already underway.

And it's funny too. Because all I've read the past few days is FOX is so mean and evil for their deal with Marvel. I didn't hear anyone complaining back in 2000 when X-Men hit the big screen and was a hit.

It seemed to be people were pleased with FOX and Marvel for giving us an awesome big screen adaptation. Now it's "damn you FOX. You're so evil for wanting to use the characters you paid for."

Not many want to acknowledge that because of FOX and Marvel's deal, it allowed Marvel to form their own studio.

They were excited then because it was the first anyone had seen of its kind, and many will admit there were some blinders on because of that.

And it's more "damn you fox for treating your franchise like a cash cow with little respect". You have nowhere to look other than The Last Stand for proof of that. And after the long lasting negative reputation of that film, and the less than expected performance of First Class, they were very likely getting worried, so as has been widely theorized, they wanted to pull out all the stops to get the money maker back on track, bringing Singer back, bringing much of the original cast back, trying a bigger scale story, etc. So it's not beyond reason that they'd try something to get their hooks into a bigger money maker as well, ie Avengers and their recent news. FOX's negative ways of running things have been noted many times before, this is nothing new.

If you mean Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I think she was mentioned but never appeared. However, the Hub shows The Super Hero Squad Show over and over which has Wanda as both Magneto's daughter AND becoming one of the squad fighting alongside Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Falcon and the rest. Pietro remains loyal to their father throughout the series.

If you mean Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I think she was mentioned but never appeared. However, the Hub shows The Super Hero Squad Show over and over which has Wanda as both Magneto's daughter AND becoming one of the squad fighting alongside Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Falcon and the rest. Pietro remains loyal to their father throughout the series.

Wanda and Pietro were featured as Avengers in an old 60's cartoon.

If Marvel didn't plunge themselves in bankruptcy, none of this wouldn't have happened. It's their fault really.

FOX is suddenly the bad guy here because Marvel Studios has a better track record. Imagine what would have happened if Singer revealed first that Quicksilver is gonna appear in the movie and Josh Whedon, second. Fan-boys would have defended Marvel Studios and it won't matter if FOX announced the inclusion of Quicksilver first.

FOX is suddenly the bad guy here because Marvel Studios has a better track record. Imagine what would have happened if Singer revealed first that Quicksilver is gonna appear in the movie and Josh Whedon, second. Fan-boys would have defended Marvel Studios and it won't matter if FOX announced the inclusion of Quicksilver first.

BOTH fantastic 4 "films"
X-Men 3: The Last stand
Daredevil and that Electra spin-off movie
X-men origins wolverine

You see why people have issues with fox?

They still have the movie rights fo Quicksilver. No one told them they can't use Quicksilver just because he's gonna appear in Avengers 2. Anyway, if people are so sick with FOX, they could stop watching their movies.

BOTH fantastic 4 "films"
X-Men 3: The Last stand
Daredevil and that Electra spin-off movie
X-men origins wolverine

You see why people have issues with fox?

No one is arguing that. psylockolussus even acknowledged "Marvel Studios has a better track record."

The point is it could be seen as Marvel using their reach to undercut Fox. Rather than the other way around. Marvel has a hell of a lot more characters at their disposal than Fox. On the flipside, Fox only has 2 children of Magneto.

No one is arguing that. psylockolussus even acknowledged "Marvel Studios has a better track record."

The point is it could be seen as Marvel using their reach to undercut Fox. Rather than the other way around. Marvel has a hell of a lot more characters at their disposal than Fox. On the flipside, Fox only has 2 children of Magneto.

And I also think Joss Whedon WASN'T being considerate to FOX that they could also use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. I mean out of the characters that he could pick for the Avengers 2, he went with Magneto's kids.

And please stop saying this is not how it's done because you clearly don't know that. Characters get announced at all sorts of time intervals in pre-production, from years to months. Malekith was announced relatively early. Falcon was definitely announced early. What is strange is an 11th hour casting when a movie's main production is already underway.

Chris Cooper was announced around the same time within ASM2. This isn't uncommon. We also have Nixon who we'll likely get a tweet from Singer about when he's cast.

The movie has only been filming for a little over a month, and its a HUGE film that will be shooting until October. If this was a casting announcement made in Augest, then I'd be a bit worried.

Marvel has a hell of a lot more characters at their disposal than Fox. On the flipside, Fox only has 2 children of Magneto.

Three children, and they better include that Quicksilver is Magnetos son or thats gonna cause some problems.

Both have tons of characters at their disposal. I'd argue Fox has more well known X-Men then Marvel does Avengers. We know Antman, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are all gonna show up in 2015 with a Dr Strange film happening in Phase 3. The only other characters people are aching to see for Avengers are Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Vision and Luke Cage. And Some of them could still show in TA2. They are only on their 2nd film with pretty much all their essential A list Avengers. Fox is on their 7th, and if Wanda and Pietro were so essential for the X films they could have introduced them eariler. They have had a young and Old Magneto and plenty of chances to mention or include them.

I mean out of the characters that he could pick for the Avengers 2, he went with Magneto's kids.

Out of all the characters he picked? They are early Avenger recruits and its obvious he likes these characters. They are more important to that team, especially Wanda as many have pointed out. She is more an Avenger then a member of the brotherhood. Anyone saying otherwise is fooling themselves. She was associated with the Brotherhood for like 4 issues out of 40 years of history. You even said in the other thread you dont ever see them showing up in an X-Men movie and they should be using Polaris.
And I also think Joss Whedon WASN'T being considerate to FOX that they could also use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

And why would he be considerate to Fox? You know how many of his scripts they changed (including X1) and shows they canceled of his?

Both can use them. Nothing wrong with that, as long as they are used well. We wont be able to tell whos been done justice till they are released. If both studios wanna use these characters to their potential then that's gonna be awesome for fans even if they are played by different actors. But it seems these studios have zero interetst in cooperating...unfortunately.

Last edited:
Interesting reaction from Amctheatres:

[YT]?v=y8cQNxl5-Fs[/YT]

:yay:

I totally agree with him, Im still not sure why they picked Black Widow over The Wasp,wasnt she one of the founding members.

Ahh crap, its that AMC guy again.

I totally agree with him, Im still not sure why they picked Black Widow over The Wasp,wasnt she one of the founding members.

Because she was already introduced in IM2 and was probably a better choice for the script in the end.

Last edited:
Id like to see Antman and Wasp finally joining the Avengers....

but for some reason, Im having my doubts with Wasp.

Since Matthew already used a wasp type mutant on FC, maybe just maybe they dont feel that interested in their own wasp.

I know this would sound "stupid" to some users, but its just a thought. We know Angel was a small role, but for some reason I feel like Marvel preffer something new regarding their new characters. 'New' taking into account ALL previous comicbook movies, not just their universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"