Cate Blanchett is the Mysterious & Powerful Villainess HELA! - Part 1

Sorry, resurrecting the Hela thread again because I am freaking out about the most recent issue of Thor and I need to vent my joy somewhere. :funny: Is anyone else reading Jason Aaron's run on Thor at the moment? It is fricking amazing, it's like some crazy, epic cosmic space gods based soap opera or something.

So, Thanos totally crashed Hela and Balder's wedding (in Hel) to claim his woman. Of course he did. :funny: Check it out, this is so brilliant:
Looks good :up:

I need to catch up.

Still expecting her to show up now in A4.
I'll even quote myself in this one. :woot:

We didn't see in Infinity War some of the scenes that we're already filmed so i'm guessing those particular scenes where part of Avengers 4 instead. Scenes such as this particular one filmed in a cathedral in Ireland. The Russos where filming in Dunham's Cathedral and they had with them 2 props (Rocket and Mjolnir). Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Tessa Thompson where also spotted there.

C_LDwFfXkAIIxI-.jpg

http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/18723110_131684270736755_5586674101772091392_n.jpg
JS118722760.jpg
And then we have the mysterious statue which also hasn't been seen yet and that has a history of speculation and mystery around it. The same statue where supposedly Thor, Hulk/Banner, Valkyrie and Rocket are having a scene together is the same one spotted behind Cate Blanchett in one of her interviews for Ragnarok. And the same statue is in Thor's vision from Age of Ultron where he sees Heimdal in Hel.

tumblr_oxgvicVQbD1w2pafco3_500.gif

C_FbPX3VYAAbFgj.jpg

Can only hope. Otherwise a future Thor, a later Avengers film or MCU event film. I don't want to believe that we'll never see her again in the MCU at all.

Can only hope. Otherwise a future Thor, a later Avengers film or MCU event film. I don't want to believe that we'll never see her again in the MCU at all.
We gotta see her again. That background statue from her interview for Ragnarok is likely a sign of that too.

I'm through with getting my hopes up too high about Hela appearing in A4. I did the same thing with IW, so much so that I'd all but completely convinced myself that she was going to be in it, and I don't want to go through that disappointment if it ends up not being true again. :csad: I think there's definitely still a possibility she could show up (the statue stuff is certainly intriguing), but I'm just going to wait and see for the time being. :cwink:

Looks good :up:

I need to catch up.

It's so good, I'm loving it. :woot: Hela is now married, but not to who you'd expect. I won't say much more in case people don't want to spoiled too much, but let's just say there are now two badass Queens of Hel. :woo:

It's so good, I'm loving it. :woot: Hela is now married, but not to who you'd expect. I won't say much more in case people don't want to spoiled too much, but let's just say there are now two badass Queens of Hel. :woo:

Sounds good to me. ;)

Cate in Harper's Bazaar (UK) October 2018 :atp:

DlxW92TXcAc3eID.jpg

More under the cut...

DlyDpMLWsAIAQtb.jpg

DlyCpxyWsAEdv-C.jpg

DlyCnMvXcAABys9.jpg

Dl3OUGxXgAEqtLk.jpg

Hey Fin, Cate is on Jonathan Ross right now!

I know, I'm watching it. Even postponed ordering my Saturday night takeaway until after because I don't want to miss any of it. :D Cate and Jack Black are great together, who would have thought it? :cwink:

I know, I'm watching it. Even postponed ordering my Saturday night takeaway until after because I don't want to miss any of it. :D Cate and Jack Black are great together, who would have thought it? :cwink:
Haha, I knew it. I just had a sudden scare in case something might have got in the way of you seeing it so had to cover my bases. ;). Yeah they are great together. :cool:

Haha, I knew it. I just had a sudden scare in case something might have got in the way of you seeing it so had to cover my bases. ;). Yeah they are great together. :cool:

Cheers, bud. :D They were both on The One Show on Thursday too. I can't believe that Cate actually got me to watch the steaming pile that is that show, the things I do for this woman. :funny:

Cate really wants to come back as Hela from the sounds of it.

Cheers, bud. :D They were both on The One Show on Thursday too. I can't believe that Cate actually got me to watch the steaming pile that is that show, the things I do for this woman. :funny:
Haha, that’s a step too far for me.

Cate really wants to come back as Hela from the sounds of it.

Yep, I posted about it in the 'Will Hela Return?' thread on the Thor Sequels board. She's willing to come back, Marvel would be absolute fools to not take her up on it. That's if they haven't already that is. Fingers crossed. :cwink:

Ragnarok Director Pushed For Comic-Faithful Designs During Production
“I think the story is the first thing. That’s what we base everything on. And I think it really depends on the director. Some directors lean more into the comic book feel, others are a little more grounded.

For example, designing Hela from Thor: Ragnarok for Taika, I’d do designs that, in my mind, were a little more believable, especially with those antlers. But then Taika was one where he, like, kept on bringing the comic book as reference, “I want this! I want this!” So, I definitely appreciated that because not every director wants exactly the comic book.”

Hey Cate fans, Funko have just released two brand new Galadriel pop vinyls (normal Galadriel and dark!Galadriel) just in time for Christmas and I'm so hyped, best christmas gift to myself ever. They can stand next to my helmeted Hela and hair loose Hela, a whole gang of Cate pops. :D

71DBDvX5tQL._SL1500_.jpg

Dqd3jmJWsAAEOrI.png

Her little pointy ears. :atp:

So I found out today that this time in two weeks I may actually be seeing Cate in person. She's currently doing a play at the National Theatre in London called 'When We Have Sufficiently Tortured Each Other' with Stephen Dillane (from GoT) but the tickets sold out weeks ago. She's so popular that the NT had to sell them via ballot only and I entered, but of course didn't win. :whatever: They're selling a limited number of day tickets each morning at the box office though, and my friend today agreed to get the train to London with me and queue up to try and get day tickets. Wish us luck, some people have been queuing up outside the theatre since 3am (and the box office doesn't even open until 9:30am!) just to get a shot of a ticket, so we're going to have to get there really, really early and wait outside in late January in the early morning for hours on end, so... that'll be fun! :funny: If we get in, it'll be so worth it though. I've been a huge Cate fan since LotR (nearly 20 years!), so to see her in person acting right in front of me would be just incredible, a once in a lifetime thing. :woo: Wish me luck!

Also:

Just in case you ever wanted to see what Hela would look like with devil horns. :hubba

hm Frigga will be back in Endgame.

I can definitely see Hela back now.

I ended up seeing Cate on stage in London on 2nd February and it was such an incredible experience that I ended up seeing the play again twice last Saturday (it's closing day) after queuing up for seven hours overnight outside the theatre (with what ended up being about 70 people) to get day tickets because it sold out months ago. At the final performance I ended up sitting a few rows from the front and was literally metres away from her. :wow: Wow, what an experience. She is an absolutely phenomenal actress, they don't call her one of the greatest living stage actors for nothing. At one point she delivered an insanely long monologue that went on for about 10 minutes and it was just an acting masterclass, the entire audience broke into spontaneous applause when she finished and it was so exhilarating watching her perform that I can't describe it.

Also, if you think she's beautiful on screen then honestly, it's nothing compared to how beautiful she is in person. She's just :eek::hrt::drl::O... I'm so sad that the play has finished it's run now and I can't go again. :csad:

Interestingly enough Marvel's youtube channel posted this video the day before the AEG trailer came out.
One can still hope to see her back again as Hela in the MCU.

Interestingly enough Marvel's youtube channel posted this video the day before the AEG trailer came out.
One can still hope to see her back again as Hela in the MCU.

hm the only way I can see Hela back is if her mother is Death so she inherited immortality.

I know it's far fetched but that's the only way I can see her back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"