The HULK Thread - Part 1

The green beast was just confirmed for this film. Woooo!

[YT]Yt1Xwup4B3E[/YT]

To continue the discussion regarding Hulk's hair....what do you guys consider "classic"?

To continue the discussion regarding Hulk's hair....what do you guys consider "classic"?

29_55155_0_TheIncredibleHulkVol1245Whenth.jpg

The Hulk has had many looks over the years and I can deal with anything but a bald Hulk. I like the look for the movie. Considering Thor has a similar haircut, it must be a requirement by the Grandmaster.

I love Ragnarok's look for Hulk (and his voice!).

Hulk no care about fashion trends.

I always liked Hulk with the fade cut like in Ragnarok, I never really cared for the messy look.

They're both classic looks. Messy hair, and just hair on top are looks i love. Just as long as his hair isnt on his shoulders or just bald all together.

I love how Hulk is a kid now.

I liked the Hulk new look. He looked fresh and like he had been taken care of in Sakaar. And I really appreciated his exchange with Thor. Just the way he talked, his "breathing" before he said something and how he moved is head it all looked very human. Very natural I guess.

And I also enjoyed his progression from having a normal and chilled conversation while still building up tension at the same time with Thor laughing in the end. Really well done.

[YT]s0WbyDqgcvc[/YT]

Yeah, you can really see Ruffalo in Hulk, that is something I will always give ILM credit for, they just didn't make a whole new character.

Yeah, you can really see Ruffalo in Hulk, that is something I will always give ILM credit for, they just didn't make a whole new character.
Yep. The resemblance is amazing.

thor-ragnarok-hulk-image.jpg

I love how Hulk is a kid now.

While I've come to realize that not every aspect of a comic book character can translate well to the big screen, personality is not one of them. The Hulk's movie franchise could have greatly benefited by originally going forward with the Savage/Child-like Hulk's personality as written in the style of writers by the likes of Len Wein, Steve Englehardt or Roy Thomas. He's not "dumb", he's Child-like in that he keeps things simple and right or wrong calls it like he sees it. Usually it was those characters that got past the fear of his imposing figure and surly attitude that realized it.

While I've come to realize that not every aspect of a comic book character can translate well to the big screen, personality is not one of them. The Hulk's movie franchise could have greatly benefited by originally going forward with the Savage/Child-like Hulk's personality as written in the style of writers by the likes of Len Wein, Steve Englehardt or Roy Thomas. He's not "dumb", he's Child-like in that he keeps things simple and right or wrong calls it like he sees it. Usually it was those characters that got past the fear of his imposing figure and surly attitude that realized it.

That is what I think has always been the essence of Hulk's persona, he just wears it on his sleeve. If someone is doing something to him, he lets them know. If someone is hurting someone he considers a friend, he lets them know. There are people trying to do harm to himself and those he likes, and those that aren't. That is pretty much it. WWH could've been avoided had they just attempted to talk to him about finding a place he may have wanted to just inhabit without people bugging him, lol.

That is what I think has always been the essence of Hulk's persona, he just wears it on his sleeve. If someone is doing something to him, he lets them know. If someone is hurting someone he considers a friend, he lets them know. There are people trying to do harm to himself and those he likes, and those that aren't. That is pretty much it. WWH could've been avoided had they just attempted to talk to him about finding a place he may have wanted to just inhabit without people bugging him, lol.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"