Cate Blanchett is the Mysterious & Powerful Villainess HELA! - Part 1

Shows how good it could be if Hela is included!
Indeed. Hela needs to come back.
It would be a damn waste to use her only once in the MCU.

And the bread crumbs with the whole Thanos/Hela "angle" are football sized at this point. Marvel is really pushing that relationship. I am just happy to see that Hela hasn't been forgotten and i seriously hope she does return.

Last edited:
@HammerDown - love your posts bro but I'm going to help you out here:

hole - noun - an opening through something
whole - adjective - constituting the total sum or undiminished entirety

Indeed. Hela needs to come back.
It would be a damn waste to use her only once in the MCU.

And the bread crumbs with the hole Thanos/Hela "angle" are football sized at this point. Marvel is really pushing that relationship. I am just happy to see that Hela hasn't been forgotten and i seriously hope she does return.

It would be a crying shame to miss out on it and if she doesn’t appear in these 2 films hopefully there is some way back in future. I was looking forward to some flirting between the pair. :woot:

@HammerDown - love your posts bro but I'm going to help you out here:

hole - noun - an opening through something
whole - adjective - constituting the total sum or undiminished entirety
Thank you for the correction. There are a whole lot of holes in my grammar.

tumblr_oxzjtvVDSJ1s9htd1o9_r1_540.gif

Or a hole lot of wholes. ;)

And the bread crumbs with the whole Thanos/Hela "angle" are football sized at this point. Marvel is really pushing that relationship. I am just happy to see that Hela hasn't been forgotten and i seriously hope she does return.

I'm going to be so mad at Marvel if they've just been leading me on this whole time with their damn football sized bread crumbs. Preparing myself to write a very strongly worded letter of complaint if this has all been leading to nothing. :cwink:

It would be a crying shame to miss out on it and if she doesn’t appear in these 2 films hopefully there is some way back in future. I was looking forward to some flirting between the pair. :woot:

Haha yeah, like in the HISHE Ragnarok video when a bow-tie wearing Thanos was trying to hit on Hela in the Villain Pub. :woot:

Thank you for the correction. There are a whole lot of holes in my grammar.

tumblr_oxzjtvVDSJ1s9htd1o9_r1_540.gif

:funny:

Haha yeah, like in the HISHE Ragnarok video when a bow-tie wearing Thanos was trying to hit on Hela in the Villain Pub. :woot:

What’s this? Link? :)

Man I loved her. But there wasn't nearly enough of her. And origin movie with her and Odin would be nice. I just want more Hela in the MCU, what a great villain.

Resurrecting this thread (my poor abandoned home :csad:) because I would just like to say:

Cate-Blanchett-Cowboy-Photoshoot-NYC-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-3.jpg

Cate-Blanchett-Cowboy-Photoshoot-NYC-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-4.jpg

Cate-Blanchett-Cowboy-Photoshoot-NYC-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-5.jpg

Cate-Blanchett-Cowboy-Photoshoot-NYC-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-6.jpg

Cate-Blanchett-Cowboy-Photoshoot-NYC-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-8.jpg

You're welcome.

Sorry, resurrecting the Hela thread again because I am freaking out about the most recent issue of Thor and I need to vent my joy somewhere. :funny: Is anyone else reading Jason Aaron's run on Thor at the moment? It is fricking amazing, it's like some crazy, epic cosmic space gods based soap opera or something.

So, Thanos totally crashed Hela and Balder's wedding (in Hel) to claim his woman. Of course he did. :funny: Check it out, this is so brilliant:

tumblr_pc28p6ECqU1taohzgo1_1280.png

tumblr_pc28p6ECqU1taohzgo2_1280.png

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o7_1280.jpg

I fricking love Jason Aaron. I cannot wait until the next issue. :woot:

Oh come on, no one is reading Thor right now?? Where's Mjolnir when you need him? :waa:

Mezco are releasing a hela awesome (groan) 12' Hela figure which will be available for purchase in early 2019. It's so beautiful. :ilv:

mezco-hela-792018.jpg

More pictures here.

Sorry, resurrecting the Hela thread again because I am freaking out about the most recent issue of Thor and I need to vent my joy somewhere. :funny: Is anyone else reading Jason Aaron's run on Thor at the moment? It is fricking amazing, it's like some crazy, epic cosmic space gods based soap opera or something.

So, Thanos totally crashed Hela and Balder's wedding (in Hel) to claim his woman. Of course he did. :funny: Check it out, this is so brilliant:

tumblr_pc28p6ECqU1taohzgo1_1280.png

tumblr_pc28p6ECqU1taohzgo2_1280.png

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc2v40DWCs1sajkn0o7_1280.jpg

I fricking love Jason Aaron. I cannot wait until the next issue. :woot:
I don't like what Aaron has done to Thor.

also, did he just shrunk Hela???

she was literally taller than Thor (she is 7 feet tall)!?

I don't like what Aaron has done to Thor.

also, did he just shrunk Hela???

she was literally taller than Thor (she is 7 feet tall)!?

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you there, champ. Long time reader of Thor and I'm absolutely loving what Aaron is doing with it right now, as much as I loved his stuff with Gorr the God Butcher. He's definitely my favourite modern day writer for Thor and Journey into Mystery, with Kieron Gillen a close second. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy gritty, epic, LotR-style Thor as much as the next person, but I feel like Aaron is injecting some of that great, campy, cosmic 80's style fun back into the Nine Realms again which has been sorely lacking in the Thor comics in recent years.

And Hela hasn't been 7 feet tall in the comics for a long, long time. I can't remember any version of her being that tall since the 80's at least, unless I'm forgetting something. As with any comic character, their look and design gradually changes over time.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you there, champ. Long time reader of Thor and I'm absolutely loving what Aaron is doing with it right now, as much as I loved his stuff with Gorr the God Butcher. He's definitely my favourite modern day writer for Thor and Journey into Mystery, with Kieron Gillen a close second. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy gritty, epic, LotR-style Thor as much as the next person, but I feel like Aaron is injecting some of that great, campy, cosmic 80's style fun back into the Nine Realms again which has been sorely lacking in the Thor comics in recent years.
I absolutely hate everything post Gorr The God Butcher arc.

ugh sorry if I sounded like a di*** but I cannot talk about it because I'll just get even more angry.

And Hela hasn't been 7 feet tall in the comics for a long, long time. I can't remember any version of her being that tall since the 80's at least, unless I'm forgetting something. As with any comic character, their look and design gradually changes over time.
she was taller than Thor during or after Fear Itself iirc (when she had the Twilight Sword) and is officially listed as 7 feet tall.

but she was definitely taller than Thor.

she looked more imposing that way IMO.

Last edited:
I'm a bit behind on the Thor comic at the moment but I do enjoy Aaron's run. It's not been at the same level the entire time, but that's the case with all longer runs, and I really think he's done some good unique stuff with Thor. Not least making him into a true god that hears prayers.

His new arsenal does seem a bit too fragile for being made by dwarves though. There are plenty of other characters that have weapons that don't break all the time so they shouldn't need to be as unbreakable as Mjolnir to hold up. :)

Interesting to see that the Thanos and Hela story intertwines with this. I'll try to catch up with the story soon.

What did i miss? Any word on Hela's return?

Oh pretty please. Oh well. Least i have Antman and the Wasp to tie me over.

she was taller than Thor during or after Fear Itself iirc (when she had the Twilight Sword) and is officially listed as 7 feet tall.

She's always been listed as being 7 feet tall, that comes from Kirby and how he originally drew her. Most artists these days don't portray her as being that tall though, it depends on the story.

Mjölnir;36910599 said:
I'm a bit behind on the Thor comic at the moment but I do enjoy Aaron's run. It's not been at the same level the entire time, but that's the case with all longer runs, and I really think he's done some good unique stuff with Thor. Not least making him into a true god that hears prayers.

His new arsenal does seem a bit too fragile for being made by dwarves though. There are plenty of other characters that have weapons that don't break all the time so they shouldn't need to be as unbreakable as Mjolnir to hold up. :)

Interesting to see that the Thanos and Hela story intertwines with this. I'll try to catch up with the story soon.

Ah, I thought you'd been quiet about it. :woot: I agree that not all of Aaron's run has been quite up to the high standards of the Gorr arc (but like you say, that's usual in such a long run), but I do think what he's doing at the moment is highly enjoyable. And I'm loving Michael Del Mundo's art too. I hope you like it when you get round to it. :yay:

What did i miss? Any word on Hela's return?

Oh pretty please. Oh well. Least i have Antman and the Wasp to tie me over.

Hey Nathan! Wow, long time no see! :woot:

Sadly, no word on a possible return. Unless she has a secret small role or cameo in A4, I'm unfortunately not seeing where they could fit her in right now, unless we get a fourth Thor movie in the future.

Have you seen Ocean's 8 yet? Loads of sexy Blanchett goodness in that to tide you over. :drl:

tumblr_pckz7lBZ3u1v84zi3o1_250.gif
tumblr_pckz7lBZ3u1v84zi3o2_250.gif

From the russos saying that avengers 4 will be a totally fresh story none of it having been seen before (comics), i don't think hela will be appearing as thanos love interest. Doesn't mean she can't come back at a later time though.

She's always been listed as being 7 feet tall, that comes from Kirby and how he originally drew her. Most artists these days don't portray her as being that tall though, it depends on the story.

Ah, I thought you'd been quiet about it. :woot: I agree that not all of Aaron's run has been quite up to the high standards of the Gorr arc (but like you say, that's usual in such a long run), but I do think what he's doing at the moment is highly enjoyable. And I'm loving Michael Del Mundo's art too. I hope you like it when you get round to it. :yay:

Hey Nathan! Wow, long time no see! :woot:

Sadly, no word on a possible return. Unless she has a secret small role or cameo in A4, I'm unfortunately not seeing where they could fit her in right now, unless we get a fourth Thor movie in the future.

Have you seen Ocean's 8 yet? Loads of sexy Blanchett goodness in that to tide you over. :drl:

tumblr_pckz7lBZ3u1v84zi3o1_250.gif
tumblr_pckz7lBZ3u1v84zi3o2_250.gif

Oh wow. Shes so beautiful. I haven't seen oceans 8 yet. Is it good?

From the russos saying that avengers 4 will be a totally fresh story none of it having been seen before (comics), i don't think hela will be appearing as thanos love interest. Doesn't mean she can't come back at a later time though.

Oh, I agree. I think anyone here that knows me will tell you that I was the biggest supporter of the Thanos/Hela theory, but even I've accepted that that ship has definitely sailed. :funny: There's still a possibility she could have a small, cameo-ish role in A4 in a different context though, considering it seems to be incorporating elements of [BLACKOUT]time travel, e.t.c[/BLACKOUT].

However it happens, I just hope we see her again somehow. She's way too awesome for just one appearance. :csad:

Oh wow. Shes so beautiful. I haven't seen oceans 8 yet. Is it good?

Oh yes, I love it. I saw it four times at the cinema. :funny: You get Cate looking like that and flirting incessantly with (my other fave) Sandra Bullock for two hours straight, Anne Hathaway hilariously hamming it up and eight hot, awesome women being badass and stealing loads of diamonds. It was a win-win situation for me. :woot: It comes out on digital next week, definitely give it a watch if you have a chance.

Person: But Finarfiniel, why are you a lesbian?

Me:

DlUhxCeX4AI-fFA.jpg

giphy.gif

Oh come on, no one is reading Thor right now?? Where's Mjolnir when you need him? :waa:

Mezco are releasing a hela awesome (groan) 12' Hela figure which will be available for purchase in early 2019. It's so beautiful. :ilv:

mezco-hela-792018.jpg

More pictures here.

Oh, they got the wicked smile just right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"