Superman Returns Celebrate the year of Superman with the WB!

Superman4ever said:
Actually I'm buying the Ultimate collection; I'm on such a Superman high right now, I want to watch Superman III like you wouldn't believe!

The flying sequence in SIII, the opening scene, just after Clark changes in the booth to save the drowning motorist is sweet like bear meat...em, Awesome! Ever since I was a kid I LOVED that scene cause he really looked like he was flying...you could sorta feel that gravity wasn't affecting him. Sounds nuts but I was five when I saw that movie in 86 (I think) and I loved it! :O

Well I'm just happy that they are treating this like the Batman Motion Picture Anthology. I don't like Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, or Supergirl. You can go ahead and enjoy watching them. I'll go ahead and watch the new Superman III, Superman Returns on DVD.

Superman4ever said:
Unless I'm missing something it's going to be called "The Adventures of Superman", and was going to be released in the fall as part of the Kids' WB line up.

Here is some concept art!

That's fanart, it is only a likely rumor that Matsuda will be doing the new Superman cartoon.

Superman4ever said:
Unless I'm missing something it's going to be called "The Adventures of Superman", and was going to be released in the fall as part of the Kids' WB line up.

Here is some concept art!

Hey, there it is! :up: Good job in finding that. Its the exact picture I remember see earlier. I don't really care for the way it looks, but I'm curious as to how they handle the stories as well.

hippie_hunter said:
Well I'm just happy that they are treating this like the Batman Motion Picture Anthology. I don't like Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, or Supergirl. You can go ahead and enjoy watching them. I'll go ahead and watch the new Superman III, Superman Returns on DVD.

:up: :)

What can I say, part of my childhood!

BTW, is SR going to be released the same time as the Anthology, which is coming out in Dec. if I'm correct. Or is SR going to come out in Nov., and the Anthology will just have SR in it as part of it's collection?

That is not concept art. It's fan art! As a matter in fact, it hasn't even been confirmed who's doing the damn show!

hippie_hunter said:
That's fanart, it is only a likely rumor that Matsuda will be doing the new Superman cartoon.

Fan art? No way! I thought this was legit.

hippie_hunter said:

Oh, woops, I might've opened my mouth too soon. It seemed legit, but I guess you never can tell, I haven't heard an official announcement. Well, hopefully we'll knowsomething for sure in the coming weeks.

Superman4ever said:
:up: :)

What can I say, part of my childhood!
Don't blame ya, go off and enjoy it :up:

BTW, is SR going to be released the same time as the Anthology, which is coming out in Dec. if I'm correct. Or is SR going to come out in Nov., and the Anthology will just have SR in it as part of it's collection?

Superman Returns will be a part of the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition 14-Disk DVD set.

hippie_hunter said:

Superman Returns will be a part of the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition 14-Disk DVD set.

Sweet! This is a definatey pick up. What do you imagine the price of this behemoth is going to be?

Metropolis_Man said:
Sweet! This is a definatey pick up. What do you imagine the price of this behemoth is going to be?

I don't even wanna imagine. I bet over $100.

hippie_hunter said:

I know that it's included, I was enquiring about the release dates. ;)

Will the anthology, like Batman Begins, be released the same time as SR or separate dates! Cause the anthology was rumored to be a Dec. release.

I'm still reeling a little upset about the fan art...I thought that **** was real! :(

Metropolis_Man said:

I think Hippie got it right! @ around 100...up to 120-140?

Amazon might save you a little money.

Yeah, I was thinking it wouldn't be any less than 100. 14 discs with probably all sorts of features is going to be steep, especially for Superman. I'll have to start saving for that one. If it looks to be worth it at the time.

I was thinking somewhere in the $159.00 range.

Showtime029 said:
I was thinking somewhere in the $159.00 range.

Ouch! I know like 20 people at Best Buy that could probably hook us up!
evilgrin0010.gif
*Hint hint*

I'm thinking they could take like 3 dollars of that sucker! :cool:

Superman4ever said:
I know that it's included, I was enquiring about the release dates. ;)

Will the anthology, like Batman Begins, be released the same time as SR or separate dates! Cause the anthology was rumored to be a Dec. release.

I'm still reeling a little upset about the fan art...I thought that **** was real! :(

I think that it will have the same release date as Superman Returns. They are treating it the same way they treated the Batman Motion Picture Anthology.

Superman4ever said:

I'm glad it's not. That's a really horrible design. Also I would really be upset if Matsuda is doing the new Superman show. Aside from a few episodes here and there and The Batman vs Dracula DTV, The Batman really sucks. Thank god that the entire DCAU done by Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Dwane McDuffe, and others is comming out on DVD at a faster pace. I grew up in the 90's so these shows are a part of my childhood just like Superman III is a part of yours.

hippie_hunter said:
I'm glad it's not. That's a really horrible design. Also I would really be upset if Matsuda is doing the new Superman show. Aside from a few episodes here and there and The Batman vs Dracula DTV, The Batman really sucks. Thank god that the entire DCAU done by Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Dwane McDuffe, and others is comming out on DVD at a faster pace. I grew up in the 90's so these shows are a part of my childhood just like Superman III is a part of yours.

:up:

Part of mine too! I was 10 when B:TAS came out...I was around five when I saw SIII on video (in '87). :D

Saw the S:TM when I was 3, and was hooked from then on.

Superman4ever said:
Nope. April 8th! 5 episodes left...

Here's the schedule:

Justice League Schedule

March 11 10:30 pm Grudge Match
March 18 10:30 pm Far From Home
March 25 10:30 pm Ancient History
April 01 10:30 pm Alive (Part 1)
April 08 10:30 pm Destroyer (Part 2) - SERIES FINALE

http://www.jlanimated.com/schedule/schedule.php

BTW, not the WB's fault, I'd blame Cartoon Network for killing the JLU! :(

Me to dammit. :( But i'll tape all 5 episodes!

Superman \S/ said:
Me to dammit. :( But i'll tape all 5 episodes!

I've taped all the episode, my problem is finding what I want/need, and labeling every episode. Thank G-d for DVD collections! :)

Superman4ever said:
Ouch! I know like 20 people at Best Buy that could probably hook us up!
evilgrin0010.gif
*Hint hint*

I'm thinking they could take like 3 dollars of that sucker! :cool:

I am having Deja Vu....I don't know why.

Metropolis_Man said:
Does anyone ever watch the Krypto: The Super Dog show?

I actually caught it by mistake.

Showtime029 said:
I actually caught it by mistake.

Yeah, not exactly what I was expecting. Although it is direct more towards the younger age group. Its not so bad really, good to watch right beforebed :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"