Cobra Kai - (The Karate Kid Spin-Off)

26de1da49d34f59d9810b4c721ec2bfb4a58fc3b.gifv

Not long at all. Nice to get a show with a fast turnaround time.

Nice. I thought for sure they'd be keeping to around New Years' like the last couple of seasons but I'll take September. It also helps that the show is shot low key enough that they can easily crank out two seasons a year.

Nice.

Though seeing this trailer, I can’t see them continuing this show much longer. This feels like it should be the end, let alone a season 6 at this point. I hope they don’t just keep stretching these stories with “CONFLICT!”

Nice.

Though seeing this trailer, I can’t see them continuing this show much longer. This feels like it should be the end, let alone a season 6 at this point. I hope they don’t just keep stretching these stories with “CONFLICT!”
I remember around season 2 the writers/producers of Cobra Kai said they have a plan for 6 seasons. So it’ll be interesting to see where they take end up taking it.

I was definitely under the impression there were two seasons left.

As much as I like this show the will they won't they friendship between Daniel and Johnny is getting a little old in my opinion. I think they need to resolve the conflict this upcoming season and maybe have S6 DvJ conflict basically be them ironing out the lumps. Personally I think this should have happened in S3+4 but this isn't my biggest issue with the show so I can give them a little slack considering the show so far is less than two standard (stereotypical?) seasons. Great show so far in my opinion and I hope they keep it up.

I remember around season 2 the writers/producers of Cobra Kai said they have a plan for 6 seasons. So it’ll be interesting to see where they take end up taking it.

I was definitely under the impression there were two seasons left.

Yeah, if I remember right, they are planning to end it after 6 seasons. This definitely won’t be the last one because if it was, “The FINAL Season!” would be all over the marketing.

Unless of course, the viewership tanks and Netflix ****cans the show two weeks after the release like they do sometimes, lol.

Last edited:
Netflix is going to milk to death all the few popular series it has left. They were always doing that but with subscription numbers falling and other famous series coming to an end, they're going to go all in to the ones that work for them and keep axing the rest without a second thought.

I suspect if shows can keep their budgets in check, it will help a lot.

Netflix about to bring back the Canadian Syfy shows.

So is the show going to end before Hilary Swank shows up?

Or now.

But we like having an Oscar winner. And continuity lol

Hell, I want the multiverse by season 12 with Jaden and Jackie coming through a portal.
I'm sure it has at least a couple of fans by now considering how much it played on HBO ad nauseam in the '90s as well as it being on Netflix for a long time. Maybe like two or three fans. :o

The showrunners have teased it.

Cobra Kai Creators Address Potential Hilary Swank Comeback

It's funny how many people want this to happen, myself included, and yet nobody gave a rat's ass about The Next Karate Kid when it came out.

Plus, Hilary is not against doing TV as she has a show coming on ABC in the fall and did a space show where she played an astronaut married to Josh Charles that lasted one season.

I'm ok with the idea of the show going beyond season 6. 1-2 seasons is not nearly enough to address all the baggage in the Johnny-Robby-Miguel dynamic, especially as it has to share space with all the other plots. There are a lot of heavy, realistic topics wrapped up in that whole storyline: the impacts of child abuse/neglect and trauma being passed down to the next generation, the crippling feelings of inadequacy that a child feels when they see they are being "replaced," Johnny's depression and alcoholism, etc. Robby and Miguel putting their rivalry aside so Johnny can get his unearned, big happy combined family would be beyond insulting at this point.

I'm looking forward to the Daniel & Chozen vs. Silver and "Sam at war with herself" stuff, but my main concern is Johnny and Robby's shared arc. If they don't stick the landing on that, it will cause the entire show to collapse GOT style. Even if they go for a big fanservice-fulled happy ending, it will ring hollow if they don't play their cards right.

The final season is when they bring in Swank and I'm gonna call it, despite her movie being the least popular of the franchise, Swank is going to steal the show when she shows up. Bet on it. Kinda like how Andrew Garfield was the black sheep of the Spiderman franchise and won everybody over in NWH.

The final season is when they bring in Swank and I'm gonna call it, despite her movie being the least popular of the franchise, Swank is going to steal the show when she shows up. Bet on it. Kinda like how Andrew Garfield was the black sheep of the Spiderman franchise and won everybody over in NWH.
I can see that happening. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"