Comic Quotes

SUPERMAN: Don't you believe in redemption of any kind?
BATMAN: I believe in justice. Period.
SUPERMAN: I believe in second chances.
BATMAN: Then let's recruit Doomsday to bring back the sun.
SUPERMAN: I stand corrected, I have felt a chill in my bones before. Every time I try to reason with you.

Lex Luthor: What gives measure to a mans choices is what he has to give up to make them. I am man. I hope.

The Question (after being betrayed by a hitman who's life he was trying to save during a tornado): Once upon a time, a scorpion and a beaver were on the bank of a river. The scorpion asked if the beaver would carry him across the water. The beaver said no. He was afraid the scorpion would sting him half way to the other side. The scorpion said that was absurd. After all, if he was stung, they would both drown. So the beaver began to swim with the scorpion on his back. And sure enough, half way the scorpion stung the beaver. As they were sinking beneath the waves, drowning, the beaver asked the scorpion why he had done such a foolish thing. It's my nature, the scorpion said. I've always wondered how the beaver could talk with a mouthful of river, and at a time like that, why he gave a damn.

The Question (after being caught in a tornado): Then I'm flying. I don't feel a bit like Superman. Or Dorothy. And this sure as hell isn't Oz.

^ nice :up:

The Saint of Killers after shrugging off a Nuke

"Not enough Gun!"

Anubis said:
^ nice :up:

The Saint of Killers after shrugging off a Nuke

"Not enough Gun!"

Saint of Killers rocks everyone.

The Question said:
The Question (after being betrayed by a hitman who's life he was trying to save during a tornado): Once upon a time, a scorpion and a beaver were on the bank of a river. The scorpion asked if the beaver would carry him across the water. The beaver said no. He was afraid the scorpion would sting him half way to the other side. The scorpion said that was absurd. After all, if he was stung, they would both drown. So the beaver began to swim with the scorpion on his back. And sure enough, half way the scorpion stung the beaver. As they were sinking beneath the waves, drowning, the beaver asked the scorpion why he had done such a foolish thing. It's my nature, the scorpion said. I've always wondered how the beaver could talk with a mouthful of river, and at a time like that, why he gave a damn.

The Question (after being caught in a tornado): Then I'm flying. I don't feel a bit like Superman. Or Dorothy. And this sure as hell isn't Oz.

Wow, I totally heard that in an episode of MacGuyver once.

Jack Knight at his Father, Ted's funeral:

"um.... Back before...when my father and the Justice Society were trapped fighting asgaurdian gods....everyone thought they were dead. Everyone but me.

I knew my father was still alive. I sensed it somehow. This time, in that same way, I know my father is gone for good. And....I miss him. That's all."

Walks away from the microphone, then comes back.

"Oh and he would want me to thank you all for coming. He was polite that way."

Ted Knight and The Mist, in orbit above the earth, seconds before a Nuke is to go off in the building Ted's just levitated into the atmosphere:

Ted So, it's today. I always wondered.

Mist What? What could possibly be on your mind at a time like this?

Ted This is the day two silly old men have the common sense to shuffle off stage and leave the world to the young.

Mist All I ever wanted was to beat you. My name..The Mist... I thought there was a certain Pedigree to it..I thought...I see now...I'm no more a success than my daughter.

Ted Hey, you got me up here on the world's biggest firecracker. That's an achievement. Come on man, stand up. Face the end on your feet...I wish I could say it's been fun.

Mist Me..

BOOM!!

Three very awesome similarities albeit sad :(

Superman: C'mon Kara, don't give up. You'll make it. Pl... Please stay with us.

Kara: I... I can't. B..But its okay. I knew what I was doing. I wanted you to be safe. You mean so much to me, so much to the world.

Superman: You succeeded in destroying the machines.

Kara: Thank Heaven... the worlds have a chance to live. Y-you're crying... please don't. You taught me to be brave... and I was. I... I love you so much for what you are... for how good you are...

Jump 6 years later:

Lois: Please hang on! The paramedics will be here any second! Please!

Superman: Doomsday... is he... is he...

Lois: You stopped him! You saved us all! Now relax until--

Jump 14 years later:

Superboy: He said I wasn't the real Superboy, *kff*... he was wrong. I just forgot for a little while... ...we all forgot... don't let them forget again...

Wonder Girl: Just hang in there okay?

Superboy: *kff*

Wonder Girl: You did it, Conner. You saved the Earth. You saved everyone.

Superboy: I know, Cass. Isn't it cool?

Jono87 said:
The "its my nature" story

ah...I'm MacGuyver lol...good times

It's a rather famous story. Q was just paraphrasing it.

Anubis said:
Ted Knight and The Mist, in orbit above the earth, seconds before a Nuke is to go off in the building Ted's just levitated into the atmosphere:

Ted So, it's today. I always wondered.

Mist What? What could possibly be on your mind at a time like this?

Ted This is the day two silly old men have the common sense to shuffle off stage and leave the world to the young.

Mist All I ever wanted was to beat you. My name..The Mist... I thought there was a certain Pedigree to it..I thought...I see now...I'm no more a success than my daughter.

Ted Hey, you got me up here on the world's biggest firecracker. That's an achievement. Come on man, stand up. Face the end on your feet...I wish I could say it's been fun.

Mist Me..

BOOM!!

Dude. Kick ass.

Yeah, Ted Knights got one of the all time best deaths ever in my book.

My favorite DC quote so far really is

"face it Clark...the last time you really inspired anyone was when you were dead."

Anubis said:
Yeah, Ted Knights got one of the all time best deaths ever in my book.
I'd say the three I mentioned stand up there too... Heck, Supes is the least heroic of the three... his trainees saved the universe, he only saved Metropolis :o

Actually he saved the world, Doomsday would have destroyed everything had he not taken him down. And Supergirl didn't save the universe, that was Flash. She saved Superman and Dr. Light.

Anubis said:
Actually he saved the world, Doomsday would have destroyed everything had he not taken him down. And Supergirl didn't save the universe, that was Flash. She saved Superman and Dr. Light.
She made it possible for Flash, she destroyed the machines that were merging the Earth's. Had she not, they wouldn't have lasted long enough for Flash to destroy the Anti-Matter cannon. They BOTH saved the universe.

"im black"

spidey on the stand as to why jjj doesnt like him.first time I ever laughed out loud at a comic

also

"hulk smash"

Prof Hulk in revenge of the sinister six after waking up under the rubble of a warehouse that he'd been buried unconscious under:

Cop: are you okay? you want us to call you an ambulance?
Hulk: oh shut up. So i've taken a few lumps. thats no big deal. I'm the hulk damnit and inevitably gentlemen. Hulk will smash.

"Only difference between a dream and a nightmare is how big your balls are, *****"

"I'm the scariest super-**** who ever walked the earth"

after Mister Rictus and his gang killed Doll-Master he shoots at a little boy's parents

"What about the Kid?"
"Leave him.With any luck,He'll spend the next years training himself to avenge these idiots and give me someone interesting to fight when I'm an old man"-Mister Rictus

Along with your rocket launchers mortars grenades and knives. I took them and i destroyed them. And I told you... No more. -Superman

This Thread is truly amazing!!!

Superman: Doomsday is cancelled until further notice. The Mageddon warhead has been disarmed.
Batman: I knew you'd say that, Clark. Just wasn't sure when.

Metron: This Earth. Its expressive diversity of creation. Its self-evolving perfection. And soil fertile enough to grow gods if spared the wrath of the last survivor of a war that ended in fire fifteen billion years from here. Preserve this world!
Green Lantern (Kyle): I'd die to save this place. I'm serious! I'll die a hundred times over for every living thing on this planet if that's what it takes! But Mageddon killed my ring... I'm just Kyle Rayner... I'm a freelance artist who works out... I'm just this guy, you know?
Metron: Is that Mageddon's will? Or is it yours? As New Genesis is to the Fourth World, the Earth shall be to the Fifth that is to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"