Comic Quotes

The BatDude said:
I took your guns away from you.-Superman
All of them?-Father Leone
Every Last One.-Superman
"Along with your Rocket Launchers,Mortars,Grenades,and Knives.
I took them,and I Destroyed them. And I told you...."

NO MORE

probably one of my all time favorites

Ted Knight and Alan Scott catch up on old times at Ted's observatory. Alan feels guilty that his powers prevent him from aging and Ted is an old man.

Ted Knight - Hell, did you see that story in Newsweek about that hero from the 1940's, Hercules? He has Alzheimer's. At least I've got my wits.
Alan Scott - Hercules? Was he a member of the All Star Squadron? I don't recall.
Ted Knight - Well, you know something...
Together - NEITHER DOES HE! *laughs*

From Batman Begins

Ra'z: You finally learn to do what's necessary?

Batman: I'm not going to kill you...but I don't have to save you.

i realize these are marvel quotes but here you go anyway

"Bring it on, Blob. I've been kicking your fat ass since I was thirteen."

Iceman to Blob

"I just wanted to say that your behavior towards Peter was nothing short of deporable, you shallow-minded unconscionable piece of rat s**t No wonder no one reads your piece of crap paper, you ecomaniac! Oh, and nice mustache! Hitler called. He says he wants his "look" back!!!"

Aunt May to JJJ

Holy Crap! She really said S**T!?!?!?!

"'Dear Diaries' are stupid.... I fought a vampire today" - Serenity Rose

"Kooeykooeykooey"- I Can't Believe it's Not the Justice League

"Tell him that whatever happens, it's not his fault. And you tell him that he's the best friend I ever had." - Blue Beetle, talking about the comatose Booster Gold, Countdown to Infinite Crisis

"Should I not be seen as something holy? When the Praying Mantis bites off her lover's head at the peak of their embrace, is it not beautiful? What impulse coils the snake? Isn't my clutching hand as reverent as a frightened spider, drawing in its limbs? Is it predatorial of a virus to invade and burn the health out of a body? Or is it simply right? Why is a viral life not as blessed as any other? The eagle dives only for the meekest, most hallowed of lambs. It is the sane man who is fascinated by the mandman, never the reverse. These things are my body and blood. This is the Hymn of Hell, my lethal prayer" -

Beelzebub, Kid Eternity # 14 (Probably one of my favorite quotes. Sorry it's so long)

"War. An art that, with one finishing stroke, I finally mastered... But to what ultimate triumph? Apokolips is still helpless with those who cannot... will not help themseles. I have long considered uprooting the more abberant lowlies... exiling them to some distant orb... but it seems unconscionable to inflict such grievous wounds on another world."

- Orion, Kingdom Come #2?

apart from the Beelzebub bit, that's all from memory, so it may be slightly innacurate.

rigel7soldiers said:
"Tell him that whatever happens, it's not his fault. And you tell him that he's the best friend I ever had." - Blue Beetle, talking about the comatose Booster Gold, Countdown to Infinite Crisis

Aww, I love the quote. Gets me all misty.

"get off my lawn" Cyclops before staring down a sentinel sans visor in Astonishing X-men.

Followed by "every now and then i remember why you're the boss cyke" Logan.

" I'm busy right now. Working. That's all I seem to do now. I have to work to keep you alive. To feed you. I havent smiled once since you were born. Go to sleep." - Squee's dad in Johnny the Homocidel Maniac.

From Hush where Batman is beating the crap out of the Joker:

Batman: I Think of Barbara...and snapping the Joker's neck becomes that much easier...

When Clark Met Bruce
A Tale From the Days of Smallville.

:supes: I wonder if he even remembers?
:batman: It is a day I will never forget

Batman: I need you to be the Man of Steel Clark. Be the Shield

boywondernerdDC said:
When Clark Met Bruce
A Tale From the Days of Smallville.

:supes: I wonder if he even remembers?
:batman: It is a day I will never forget

Batman: I need you to be the Man of Steel Clark. Be the Shield

theres alot of good ones like these in the Superman/Batman line

yea...the early Superan/Batman...not the later stuff though

These kinda quotes is why I read the book in the first place

customsig_27379_gj.gif

KINGPIN: Who sent you?!?!
SPIDERMAN: uh...Carson Daly.
Later on...
ELECTRO: Anything else, boss?
KINGPIN: Yes, find this Carson Daly person and destroy him.
ELECTRO: Yes, sir.

other marvel ones but oh well

SUPERMAN: So, this is what cold feels like?
BATMAN: Excuse me?
SUPERMAN: The cold...I mean I know what cold is, but I've never really felt it before. I have this chill in my bones.
BATMAN: Could have something to do with the extuinguishing of the sun.
SUPERMAN: Funny.
BATMAN: I imagine this is a unique opprutunity for you. it must be odd for you to have the chance to catalouge new levels of physical discomfort--as you rarely experience them.
SUPERMAN: What kind of masochist keeps track of the different kinds of pain they've...
BATMAN: Four hundred and ninety six by my last count.
SUPERMAN: You never cease to amaze me...Do you remember the first time you ever felt cold?
BATMAN: I remember sleigh riding with my father when I was a child. At the end of the estate, there was a slope--not large enough enough to intimidate, but large enough to thrill a child of six. Our third trip down, we careened into a snow bank. Snow down your Osh Koshes isn't the most comfortable introduction to the concept of cold.
SUPERMAN: Was the sled named "Rosebud"?
BATMAN: Funny.

Green Arrow takes out Etrigan...
BATMAN: What was that?!
GREEN ARROW: Fire Extuinguisher Arrow.
BATMAN: I will never...EVER...mock your trick arrows again.

With one exception, I try to avoid conversations in the following quotes.

"Like a kite that has lost its war with the wind, I hand crucified upon the sky... Suspended between the soil and the stars, between heaven and earth, between the angels and the apes. There is no-one like me. I'm Miracleman. Gravity is a sullen giant who snatches irratiblly at my heels. The hurricane is my mistress. I slide my body across her arctic vectors and her sigh is an ecstacy of birds. Her nails rake my back and she howls her bitterness, begging me to stay, pleading with me to deny the dark and jealous planet that waits below. But I can't. I can't. I can't. Kimota."
Miracleman - Miracleman #2

"Good. While she carries the child there must be no unnecessary stress. She must be treated with care and respect. After the nativity, you can give her to the men."
Dr. Gargunza - Miracleman #7

"No. He was a vision... That blonde hair. Those blue eyes... When I was a youth, our leaders spoke of a new kind of man. An uber-mensch, ja? I saw him then, in my mind. I saw him again tonight. We waited for him to come for forty years... and then we killed him."
Soldier - Miracleman #7

"Far behind me I heard the hammer of paws, loud as ritual drums... and the jungle dream yawned with dislocated jaws, swallowing me whole. How had I come here, to this carcass forest? Was it a thirst for power alone that led me to drink at this tainted well? No, not power alone. I wanted the white miracle. I wanted to touch the pale god that they had birthed with their machinery. The thing they had which we had not. And thus I reached out for that ivory promise, as did my father, as did his father before him... and I learned that thing which I must tell: That whitness which we pursue through the dark trees of our inner continent... it is not the whiteness of hot steel or of sanctity... It is the whiteness of bone. It is death. Only death. The grail we have been following is filled with poison wine."
Evelyn Creme - Miracleman #6

1. "And then we fought. Given the speed of thought and motion shared by all the combatants, that opening skirmish took but seconds... seconds that erased the landmarks of two hundred years; that blew the past away... and launched mythologies that shall endure until the sun grows red, and over-ripe, and cold."

2. "The bank of England's mass of debt and credit could contain him not at all. Erupting in a waterspout of krugerrands, he showered in blood and gold while from a thousand fluttering notes the queen look on, as ever uninterested."

3. "There was no pause and no respite. He lept for Aza Chorn, fast as a cheetah; as a mamba; as an ink-black thunderbolt. Yet, when they brag amongst themselves, the cats and snakes and sheets of lightning use one ultimate comparison, albeit sparingly. Fast as a warpsmith."

4. "For my part, I prefer the gnostic faiths, such as the Knights of Warpsmith Resurrected, who in symbol-laden gospels, tell how I play chess with Bates for Earth, atop a mountain of the dead... and Aza Chorn, when I've lost every piece but one, tears out his heart and cries, "Here! Play with this instead!" But best of all, the Church of Deicide relates how we approached the old sick gods of Earth and murdered them to steal their power. They tell of Shiva, quite disarmed; of Gabriel's blazing sword snapped into two across my knee. The Church has only ninteen worshippers. I send them small donations under different names."

5. "He was amongst us, snorting, stamping. There was nothing sane in his incinerator eyes. He was Ahriman. He was Loki. He was Lucifer and Set. He was the bad god, cast in awful flesh. We'd had no time to draw up pentacles or work our charms."

6. "There were so many vehicles, all trying to get out of London. My apologists have claimed that the car that I first hurled at Bates was empty, those who'd been inside having all previously escaped. I'm sorry, but that simply isn't true."

Miracleman: "Johnny, listen... You're dooming yourself. What... what happens when you've run out of things to destroy? It's just emptiness for you Johnny. Empty cruelty. Empty life. Look what you've done to yourself, to everything around you. You've taken something marvelous and turned it into sewage. God forgive you."
Kid Miracleman: "Burn in hell. "(smashes a truck over MM, covering him in burning fuel).
- pretty much all by Miracleman in Miracleman #15

heh awesome. some of it's a little hokey but still kinda awesome.

Lobo: "Ahh great, now im gonna have to wait till my body regrows itself! Why wouldnt ya die easy like some normal creep? Ya some kinda perv or something?"
The Mask: "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me!"
Lobo: "Izzat so? Well how about these Butt-face, drong-wit, geekoid!"
The Mask: "pah, amateur. Doodlings Sir! Water off a ducks back! You chew on these! Colon Breath! Spleen Face! Chintz Head!"
Lobo: "What? Nobody says that ta me ya foul-mouthed fraggin feeb!"
The Mask: "Suppurating sore-features! Fart-brain, Cutesy boy!"

Lobo: "CUTESY BOY? Bastard!"
*shplink* The mask instantly becomes whole.
The Mask: "I, of course, dont have the hassle of waiting for a new body to grow!"
Lobo: "huh?"
The Mask proceeds with making Lobo eat his own words... by manually pulling the speech bubbles out of his jacket and cramming them down his throat, then plays ball with his head.

Gog (to Superman): “Then it became my mission in life to break you. To see you beg me to send you back and save your parents. Your wife.”
“In the forever of that single moment, everything changed. I saw a monster become a son. I felt loss that had not darkened my heart since my parents died. I knew shame for the first time in my life…and could no longer bear the sight of the man who could not be broken.”
- Action Comics #825
:supes:

mathhater said:
Gog (to Superman): “Then it became my mission in life to break you. To see you beg me to send you back and save your parents. Your wife.”
“In the forever of that single moment, everything changed. I saw a monster become a son. I felt loss that had not darkened my heart since my parents died. I knew shame for the first time in my life…and could no longer bear the sight of the man who could not be broken.”
- Action Comics #825
:supes:

that is awesome i love your sig too

Blue Beetle: ...You think maybe it's too late to petition for a new Green Lantern? Hey, Bats--mabe you could wear the ring...
Batman: It would only get in my way.
Blue Beetle: ...Yeah...besides, who'd ever buy a super-hero called the "Green Batman"? I mean, that's almost as dumb as--
Batman: The Blue Beetle?
Blue Beetle: Well...um...ah...

Superman: I thought i was the boy scout
Batman: You were untill I met shazam

JLU:

Wonder Woman: Circumstances aside, it was kind of... enjoyable to be a kid again.
Batman: I haven't been a kid since I was eight years old.

JLU: in the future Gotham City with Terry and the original bats

Wait you can't go out there. The city, it's changed. - Terry
Are criminals still superstitious and cowardly? - Batman.
Yep. - Old Man Bruce Wayne.
Good enough for me. - Batman.

"It takes nearly a minute to fall from this height. And dispite what you may have heard, you're likely to stay conscious all the way down. Thoughts like that keep me warm at night."

"This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle--broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would...but I'm a man of thirty--of twenty again. The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again."

cant remember if i posted those ones

This is from Marvel so...
Task master: "Oh, and 1991 called. It wants the metal boots back."

Theres some awesome quotes in here...

I havent read the issue in years, but in the Image series The Maxx, the villian Mr. Gone has Julie tied up in a Playboy Bunny outfit and starts talking smack...
Im not going to even try to do a direct quote (though if someone has it handy then awesome)

But its something to the effect of girls primping and making themselves sexy to turn guys on and then when guys look at them they get disgusted and turn us down...

It was the only time I have EVER read a supervillians lines and actually felt uncomfortable with it...because we know that somewhere out there girls have been assaulted or worse for the same twisted "reason".

Wish I had the quote.

I thought this part of the comic was really cool from Batman #649. Jason has the Joker tied up and they are talking and Jason says:

"You're not nearly as crazy as you'd like us all to believe. Or even as crazy as you'd like to believe. I just makes it easier to justify every sick, monstrous thing you've ever done when you play the part of the mad clown. You're crazy, Bubba--but you ain't that crazy. Look at that. I wiped a smile off of Joker's face. I have been waiting a looooooong time for that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"