Comic Quotes

i love all these quotes. the jack knight at his fathers funeral is awesome we need more guys come on

The Question (who is about to be burned alive by a hitman): The gasoline fumes sting my eyes, make me gag. I try to move, to react, but I can't. One of the bastards must have connected with a nerve cluster in the base of my spine when they were stomping me a few moments ago. Nothing's broken, but the nerves are traumatized. I can do no more than twitch, and that's not going to be enough. The tornado is very near. I can hear the wind shrieking outside, and slaps or rain againts the house. But the loudest sound in the world is the scrape of a match head on a dirty thumb nail. Then, my personal demon, that old devil curiosity, nudges me, and I wonder what it will feel like to burn alive. I wonder if it can possibly be as horrible as I imagine, and I fing myself anxious to know. And everything I am, everything I have been and could have been, is congealed in a wavering point of flame.

Amanda Waller: I dont like this.
Batman: I dont like you.

From "Hush"

From Punisher: Welcome Back Frank

Gun Fight in the Morgue, Rule one: Don't hide behind the thin guy.

this is from Batman Beyond Return of the Joker

Bruce: i've been thinking about something you once told me....and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worth while, it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different

Terry:Thanks

Terry talking to the joker

-Let's dance Bozo

Batman- rubber bullets..i swear

Now that we know who you are... I know who I am - I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense, in the comics you know who the arch villain is going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero! And most time's they're friends like you, and me. I should've known way back when you know why David?! Because of the kids! They called me Mr. Glass

-Unbreakable

Others from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Joker:You know, kids, a lot has changed since your old Uncle Joker's been away. New Gotham, new rules, even a new Batman. But now I'm tanned, I'm rested and I'm ready to give this old town a wedgie again!

Joker:Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long and I miss the cape. But not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

Terry McGinnis/Batman: Can't say the same thing about you.

The Joker: Impudent brat. Who do you think you're talking to?

Terry McGinnis/Batman: Not a comedian, I'll tell you that.

The Joker: Shut your mouth!

Terry McGinnis/Batman: The real Batman never talked to you much, did he? That's probably why you were so fixated on him.

The Joker: Don't play psychoanalyst with me, boy.

Terry McGinnis/Batman: Oh, I don't need a degree to figure you out. The real reason you kept coming back was you never got a laugh out of the old man.

The Joker: I'm not hearing this...

Terry McGinnis/Batman: Get a clue, clowny. He's got no sense of humor. He wouldn't know a good joke if it bit him in the cape. Not that you ever had a good joke. I mean, joy buzzers, squirting flowers - lame. Where's the A material? Make a face, drop your pants, something!

I wonder, Detective--what are you thinking now at your house on the hill? Are you thinking about the lives you have saved...or are you considering the world that might have been?
-Ras Al Gul

This is from Spiderman/Black Cat: The Evil that Men Do

Spiderman drops in on an imprisoned Scorpia, with Black Cat waiting in the wings.

Spidey: Hi

Scorpia: AAAH!

Spidey: I scare ya?

Scorpia: Go to hell.

Spidey: Hey, where's your silly suit Scorpia? "Silly suit Scorpia." Try saying that five times fast.

Scorpia: You know what you can try saying five times fast Spider-jerk?

Black Cat: What's she saying?

Spidey: We're just making small talk right now. Y'know--talking tongue twisters and stuff.

Scorpia: Is that the cat-lady with you?

Spidey: Yup.

Scorpia: Tell her she's a dead woman when I get outta here.

Black Cat: What's she saying now?

Spidey: She says no woman with a chest like yours should be able move as fast as you do!

Black Cat: Tell her they act as ballast!

Spidey: I will!

Spidey: Listen. Elaine-- can you tell us who hired you to whack Klum?

Scorpia: I'm not telling you jack--

Spidey shoots a web ball at the back of her head.

Scorpia: HEY!

Spidey: Either you're gonna tell me who hired you--or I'm gonna hang outside your window all night, pegging you with web-balls lady. And if that's not enough...I'll have Black Cat sing "Memories" from "Cats." HIT IT CAT!

Black Cat: MEEEEM-RIES! ALL ALONE ON THE PAVE-MENT! I RE-MEM-BER A TIME I KNEW WHAT HAP-PI-NESS WAS...

Scorpia: Alright, alright, alright! God I hate you two.

Spectre722 said:
This is from Spiderman/Black Cat: The Evil that Men Do

Spiderman drops in on an imprisoned Scorpia, with Black Cat waiting in the wings.

Spidey: Hi

Scorpia: AAAH!

Spidey: I scare ya?

Scorpia: Go to hell.

Spidey: Hey, where's your silly suit Scorpia? "Silly suit Scorpia." Try saying that five times fast.

Scorpia: You know what you can try saying five times fast Spider-jerk?

Black Cat: What's she saying?

Spidey: We're just making small talk right now. Y'know--talking tongue twisters and stuff.

Scorpia: Is that the cat-lady with you?

Spidey: Yup.

Scorpia: Tell her she's a dead woman when I get outta here.

Black Cat: What's she saying now?

Spidey: She says no woman with a chest like yours should be able move as fast as you do!

Black Cat: Tell her they act as ballast!

Spidey: I will!

Spidey: Listen. Elaine-- can you tell us who hired you to whack Klum?

Scorpia: I'm not telling you jack--

Spidey shoots a web ball at the back of her head.

Scorpia: HEY!

Spidey: Either you're gonna tell me who hired you--or I'm gonna hang outside your window all night, pegging you with web-balls lady. And if that's not enough...I'll have Black Cat sing "Memories" from "Cats." HIT IT CAT!

Black Cat: MEEEEM-RIES! ALL ALONE ON THE PAVE-MENT! I RE-MEM-BER A TIME I KNEW WHAT HAP-PI-NESS WAS...

Scorpia: Alright, alright, alright! God I hate you two.

that is hilarious

"It takes about a minute to fall from this heght. And, despite what you may have heard, you're likely to stay conscious the whole way down. Thoughts like that keep me warm at night."

"You've got rights. Lots of rights. Sometimes I count them just to make myself feel crazy"

"Peel."

DKR, all from memory. I loved the slang in DKr. Wish some of it caught on.

I cant remember how it went, but Batman's quite in JLU cartoon show where he says something at Superman's grave in the Hereafter episode

"What did you call it, Clark? The Neverending Battle?"

something like that, right?

rigel7soldiers said:
"It takes about a minte to fall from this heght. And, despite what you may have heard, you're likely to stay conscious the whole way down. Thoughts like that keep me warm at night."

"You've got rights. Lots of rights. Sometimes I count them just to make myself feel crazy"

"Peel."

DKR, all from memory. I loved the slang in DKr. Wish some of it caught on.

ACES

and batmans jlu thing talking to dead supes is

i've got some things to say, i should of said them when you were here but...despite our differences i have nothing but respect for you, i hope you knew...know that. You showed me that justice doesn't always have to come from the darkness i'll miss y..(EXPLOSION) what did you always call it Clark? The never-ending battle

^^^^^^^^thats it. I really sumed up there relationship. There was a lot of things that went unsaid, but they still understood each other. The show depicted that very well most of the time.

best dialogue from the Infinity War:

Thanos: Expertly accomplished, World Killer. But this is only a temporary reprieve.
Galactus: QUIET, FOOL! Mighty Galactus knows what must be done.
Thanos: Does Mighty Galactus also know our chances of outrunning this disturbance are minimal?
Galactus: Does Annoying Thanos have an alternative course of action to suggest?
Thanos: No.
Galactus: Then let Silence reign.

Batman: Still looking for answers?

The Question: It's not the answers that matter. It's the questions.

*The Question interogating a thug*

"Excuse me. You wouldn't know where I could get a trim and a shave? The last guy cut me a little close, as you can tell."

"It's hard to talk peace when you're punching somebody's lights out!" - Blue Beetle , Justice League #3.

Never have truer words been spoken. RIP Ted Kord.

Blue Beetle - "Join me or die time, is that it?"

Max Lord - "That's it exactly"

Blue Beetle - "Rot in Hell Max."

The other 6 heroes agree to join the JLA, then all look at Bats...

Superman: Batman?

Batman: I'm not really a people person...but if you need help--and you WILL need help...call me.

-Justice League

I took your guns away from you.-Superman
All of them?-Father Leone
Every Last One.-Superman
"Along with your Rocket Launchers,Mortars,Grenades,and Knives.
I took them,and I Destroyed them. And I told you...."

NO MORE

"One Stone.That's ALL it took. Invaders from Mars,Creatures on the loose,Mad Scientists and Giant Robots.....
Bogeymen,Hiding under beds and in closets.I've always tried to show you that there's NOTHING to be afraid of.....That Fear was in your MIND.But then you showed me that the GREATEST threat to HUMANITY......Is in your HEARTS".-Superman

Superman:For Tomorrow

From the New Frontier

Ted Grant: I once swan two miles with three bullets in my lung. I KO'D THE ULTRA-HUMANITE in one punch. I'm Ted friggin Wildcat Grant. This is my fight these are my people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"