Comic Quotes

trustyside-kick said:
I thought this part of the comic was really cool from Batman #649. Jason has the Joker tied up and they are talking and Jason says:

"You're not nearly as crazy as you'd like us all to believe. Or even as crazy as you'd like to believe. I just makes it easier to justify every sick, monstrous thing you've ever done when you play the part of the mad clown. You're crazy, Bubba--but you ain't that crazy. Look at that. I wiped a smile off of Joker's face. I have been waiting a looooooong time for that."

that is a great issue

some greatness from infinite crisis.

Animal Man: "Everybody stand back. I don't know what animal I'm syncing up with here, but it shoots lightning from it's face."

Some Hush quotes:

Catwoman: You've studied Superman, haven't you?
Batman: He's the best at what he does.
Catwoman: That's open to debate.
Batman: I said, he's the best at what he does. Not at what I do.

then when he's going up against Big Blue

"All at once, I'm ten years old, looking up in the Metropolis skyline with Tommy Elliot. Green Lantern is fighting Icicle and Tommy tells me the Icicle can't win. 'If you want to beat your opponent, Bruce, you have to think like your opponent.' If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person...

...and deep down, I'm not."

and then the infamous Jason Todd scene...

"Jason Todd is dead. The Joker killed him years ago. However, it is not impossible for the dead to come back to life. Superman died. Green Arrow died. And they are alive today. Jason was buried here. The grave is empty. His corpse is gone. Ra's al Ghul has something he calls a 'Lazarus Pit.' The pit has certain... properties... that can restore life to the dead. According to Ra's --who could be lying--someone took advantage of one of the pits' healing energies. As with most things, using the Lazarus Pit comes at a price. Upon emergence from the pit, madness fuels the survivor. You enter dead. You come out insane. The terrible irony is that when Jason died...in the madness of grief...I actually considered...putting Jason in the Lazarus Pit myself.

I would have done anything to save Jason's life."

The Riddler: Riddle me this...who is that under Batman's mask? And now, the world is my oyster. Right Bruce?
Batman: What time is it when an elephant sits on a fence?
The Riddler: What...?
Batman:What time is it when an elephant sits on a fence?
The Riddler: "Time to get a new fence." Everyone knows that one. It's worthless.
Batman: That's why I have nothing to fear from you. You had to tell Elliot--But no one else. Not even Clayface when he was playing "Robin." I know you Edward Nigma. Maybe Better than you know yourself. Riddles are your compulsion. Your addiction. And a riddle that everyone knows the answer to is..."worthless."
The Riddler:...

Spectre722 said:
Some Hush quotes:

Catwoman: You've studied Superman, haven't you?
Batman: He's the best at what he does.
Catwoman: That's open to debate.
Batman: I said, he's the best at what he does. Not at what I do.

then when he's going up against Big Blue

"All at once, I'm ten years old, looking up in the Metropolis skyline with Tommy Elliot. Green Lantern is fighting Icicle and Tommy tells me the Icicle can't win. 'If you want to beat your opponent, Bruce, you have to think like your opponent.' If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person...

...and deep down, I'm not."

and then the infamous Jason Todd scene...

"Jason Todd is dead. The Joker killed him years ago. However, it is not impossible for the dead to come back to life. Superman died. Green Arrow died. And they are alive today. Jason was buried here. The grave is empty. His corpse is gone. Ra's al Ghul has something he calls a 'Lazarus Pit.' The pit has certain... properties... that can restore life to the dead. According to Ra's --who could be lying--someone took advantage of one of the pits' healing energies. As with most things, using the Lazarus Pit comes at a price. Upon emergence from the pit, madness fuels the survivor. You enter dead. You come out insane. The terrible irony is that when Jason died...in the madness of grief...I actually considered...putting Jason in the Lazarus Pit myself.

I would have done anything to save Jason's life."

The Riddler: Riddle me this...who is that under Batman's mask? And now, the world is my oyster. Right Bruce?
Batman: What time is it when an elephant sits on a fence?
The Riddler: What...?
Batman:What time is it when an elephant sits on a fence?
The Riddler: "Time to get a new fence." Everyone knows that one. It's worthless.
Batman: That's why I have nothing to fear from you. You had to tell Elliot--But no one else. Not even Clayface when he was playing "Robin." I know you Edward Nigma. Maybe Better than you know yourself. Riddles are your compulsion. Your addiction. And a riddle that everyone knows the answer to is..."worthless."
The Riddler:...

:up:. Loved Hush.

boywondernerdDC said:
seriously one of the best batman books

Yea...but Gotham Knights like killed the character (Hush) in issues 73 and 74. :(

trustyside-kick said:
Yea...but Gotham Knights like killed the character (Hush) in issues 73 and 74. :(
I hear that alot, what excactly happened?

For Hush Returns you basically find out that
a crooked cop killed Joker's wife 12 years ago when the whole Red Hood thing happened and Riddler trades the information with the Joker for protection from Hush since he is pissed at the Riddler for using him in Batman: Hush. Hush beats the **** out of a lot of people too, and even gets Prometheus to help him out at the end. They easily defeat Joker's men along with people from The Society (sent by Deathstroke) and at the very end I was confused about the part with Talia wanting Prometheus (who was killed towards the end by Hush himself I believe for betraying him).

In The Comics section under the Batman one there is a post called 'Is there a sequel to Hush Returns?' which we all basically discussed stuff in Hush Returns and the somewhat sequel (issues 73 and 74 from Gotham Knights). I will give you a link and tell you which post I basically summarized what happened.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228332
Post #20.

If that summary is not good enough for you (mainly about Gotham Knights 73 and 74) basically read all of the replies people made cause I did not do all of the details in the small summary.

trustyside-kick said:
For Hush Returns you basically find out that
a crooked cop killed Joker's wife 12 years ago when the whole Red Hood thing happened and Riddler trades the information with the Joker for protection from Hush since he is pissed at the Riddler for using him in Batman: Hush. Hush beats the **** out of a lot of people too, and even gets Prometheus to help him out at the end. They easily defeat Joker's men along with people from The Society (sent by Deathstroke) and at the very end I was confused about the part with Talia wanting Prometheus (who was killed towards the end by Hush himself I believe for betraying him).

In The Comics section under the Batman one there is a post called 'Is there a sequel to Hush Returns?' which we all basically discussed stuff in Hush Returns and the somewhat sequel (issues 73 and 74 from Gotham Knights). I will give you a link and tell you which post I basically summarized what happened.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228332
Post #20.

If that summary is not good enough for you (mainly about Gotham Knights 73 and 74) basically read all of the replies people made cause I did not do all of the details in the small summary.
Thanks. Doesn't seem that bad.

Well you gotta read it for yourself. Basically I believe that Hush could have actually been a good villain...but they like prevented that. Don't get me wrong there were parts I liked. But you should read it since a summary does not tell all afterall.

i heard that tommy elliot really isn't hush, as the two of them were standing next to each other in the same room?

Spectre722 said:
i heard that tommy elliot really isn't hush, as the two of them were standing next to each other in the same room?

Who are you referring to when you say "them". And yes he is Hush cause in Hush Returns when Batman finds him he is like "Tommy blah blah blah." Then Tommy says stuff and is like "Not Tommy, call me Hush." (which I thought that whole part was stupid/corny/sounded dumb). Have you read Hush Returns or Gotham Knights 73 and 74?

no i read somewhere that in i think during war games, hush and tommy elliot were standing next to each other in the samer room.

Spectre722 said:
no i read somewhere that in i think during war games, hush and tommy elliot were standing next to each other in the samer room.

??? Makes no sense. Besides Hush Returns is after that right? Also, Hush performs surgery on Prometheus after Green Arrow shoots him to near death.

Plus Bruce kept calling him Tommy and crap.

Could you possibly scan that page or something? I have been wanting to read the War Games saga but have not had the time (don't read everything in order just depends).

Alfred saw Tommy chained to a table, while he saw Hush standing around talking to Prometheus.

Hush Returns sounds unbelievably stupid and lame...

Couldnt they just leave well enough alone? Hush was a KICKASS story!

Shadowknight said:
Alfred saw Tommy chained to a table, while he saw Hush standing around talking to Prometheus.

What are you talking about? In Hush Returns? Tommy was not chained to some table. And Tommy performs surgery on Prometheus after saving his life and at the end of Hush Returns kills Prometheus. And where the heck are you getting this thing with Alfred seeing Hush, Tommy, and Prometheus in the same room...

The only part I recall Tommy (as Hush) seeing Alfred is when he goes to Wayne Manor and then Tommy (as Hush) goes to ask Bruce if he could pay for his surgery and Bruce says no (In Gotham Knights #74).

trustyside-kick said:
What are you talking about? In Hush Returns? Tommy was not chained to some table. And Tommy performs surgery on Prometheus after saving his life and at the end of Hush Returns kills Prometheus. And where the heck are you getting this thing with Alfred seeing Hush, Tommy, and Prometheus in the same room...
That's what some people told me ;shrug; I didn't bother reading the storyline myself, not really a big Batman fan.

Then why were you trying to prove me wrong if you have not read it? Lol.

trustyside-kick said:
Then why were you trying to prove me wrong if you have not read it? Lol.
? I wasn't trying to prove anybody wrong; I was just stating what I heard 2nd hand, incorrect or not.

Just seemed like you were since you kept saying stuff against it when you have not even read the storyline lol; it's cool.

A really cool quote I liked was the one that Harvey said at the beginning and end of The Long Halloween...I believe it was:

"Two shots to the head. You ask me, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

:up:

I'm sure this has probably already been done but it's been a long day and I havent the energy to trawl through loads of posts:_

Superman to Mongul as he blasts him with heat vision: "Burn".

Absolutely Love that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"