Gotham Commissioner James Gordon Origins Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the show has been ordered to series?

Looks like it, with all the casting going on.

^ Did that series get as far as casting, though?

Because that's the stage we're at with "Gotham".

Oh yeah, they cast it. They even filmed a pilot...

[YT]b4i1CzpztWY[/YT]
I think they're doing the same thing with Gotham now. It has a series commitment, rather than a series order, and they're filming a pilot just to be sure that the concept can work, rather than blowing the money on whatever a straight to series order might be and ending up with something that wouldn't work.

Series commitment? Filmed a pilot? Why don't we have a Locke and Key board?

:awesome:

I actually do need to get around to reading Locke and Key before they eventually get an adaptation off the ground.

Batman pretty much is a sacred brand, if WB is producing anything Bat-related it gets made regardless of how iffy it is.

I really hope for this show that we get to see some of the C- and D- listers of Batman's rogues gallery. Batman has some villains that are just made for TV, not really for cinema.

Batman pretty much is a sacred brand, if WB is producing anything Bat-related it gets made regardless of how iffy it is.

It's the damned truth. Batman is the one bankable character WB has and he's too valuable to screw up again.

And what I type now belongs in a thread on it's own sub-forum, but Batman was born the day of the Wayne murders ergo Batman is in this series, even if he is a minor character and isn't in costume.

There are several articles that state this show has a "series order" and I posted the one from Variety (which is a trade paper/mag, whatever) but apparently the powers that be rely on other sources.

It doesn't make any sense though, specifically through WB's eyes, that they'd allow Bruce Wayne to appear in a pilot and it epically fails. Anyone with a brain knows that's not going to happen.

I really hope for this show that we get to see some of the C- and D- listers of Batman's rogues gallery. Batman has some villains that are just made for TV, not really for cinema.

I just saw this and it's true. Batman has many "B" & "C-list" rogues that could be very serviceable in this format.

I still don't get why Fox is doing this instead of WB; I mean it'd make sense for it to be on WB, having it on Fox just feels kind of random.

[YT]7yZ2AC4VOzs[/YT]

:woot:

I still don't get why Fox is doing this instead of WB; I mean it'd make sense for it to be on WB, having it on Fox just feels kind of random.

I thought WB Television is making it. It's just airing on Fox.

And to be blunt, Fox just has a higher amount of audience than WB has ever had.

So, Finally we get a separate sub-forum for this series, about time !

And to be blunt, Fox just has a higher amount of audience than WB has ever had.

That's true, but also higher chances of getting canceled, the CW would've been safer... time will tell how patient Fox will be.

I'm gonna spend the next month complaining about this having it's own section instead of being in Misc. TV. Because that's how much you bastards have annoyed me with this. :argh:

I feel like an idiot, I kept looking for this thread in the Misc TV section. Check out that promo image! It has blimps! Oh man, if this show is aesthetically similar to BTAS.... Oh man, I don't think I could handle the pleasure it would bring me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"