Connie Nielsen IS Hippolyta

I liked her in the role. I actually hope that the sequel has more of the amazons and paradise island it in general. Even though I know why they did it story-wise, I was disappinted by the lack of screentime for Hippolyta

We'll definitely see Hippolyta in JL, but probably not the amount of screen time she got in WW.

I liked her in the role. I actually hope that the sequel has more of the amazons and paradise island it in general. Even though I know why they did it story-wise, I was disappinted by the lack of screentime for Hippolyta

I was actually a little shocked how quickly they got Diana off the island in the film.

Well, the character's journey can't really begin until she makes the decision to leave.

The island is basically a pretty sheltered place, which is why Hippolyta wants her to stay.

So I think leaving early in the film was a necessity, but I hope future films find a way to include Hippolyta, the Amazons and Themyscira, or some combination of those things.

Last edited:
Unfortunately after showing No. 2 I still didn't like Connie. I thought she was stiff, flat and unconvincing in the part. I'm sure it's just me but that's how I felt.

OTOH Robin Wright was twice as awesome the second time around. Glad to hear she'll be back in JL.

tenor.gif

Alright settle down I was only made from clay yesterday

I was actually a little shocked how quickly they got Diana off the island in the film.

Well Diana doesn't become herself until she leaves the island. Still they could have made a reference to it near the end or something.

Unfortunately after showing No. 2 I still didn't like Connie. I thought she was stiff, flat and unconvincing in the part. I'm sure it's just me but that's how I felt.

OTOH Robin Wright was twice as awesome the second time around. Glad to hear she'll be back in JL.

Isn't [BLACKOUT]Robin's character dead?[/BLACKOUT]

While it seems that there are some of the Amazons from WW will be in JL as well I don't think we can count on Antiope showing up for sure.

While it seems that there are some of the Amazons from WW will be in JL as well I don't think we can count on Antiope showing up for sure.

Nah she said in an interview that both her and Connie have done some work for JL.

Has she? I was not aware.

http://www.slashfilm.com/wonder-woman-star-robin-wright-is-returning-to-the-dceu-in-justice-league/

Gadot: Of course; the mother and daughter relationship is always a beautiful but complex relationship. I think that there’s a lot more to explore.

Nielsen: And [Wright and I] got to do more in “Justice League” as well. As sisters as well. Kind of badass as well. We can’t say much, but …

Wright: And more of the story, you get some of the history.

It would be nice to get someone who looked like she birthed Gal (regardless of her origin).

But considering Diana was sculpted out of clay, and thus no birthing required, that shouldn't matter.

Don't worry, I bet Ares or Hades will be minorities. Or maybe Zeus himself. :hehe:

Diana is a Jew, Artemis is an African-American, Chief is a Native American, Sameer is Moraccan, so I think the minorities are covered well enough considering most the characters are supposed to be Greek, British and German.

Gal definitely doesn't have a Roman nose. Those are very distinct and often give the impression the person has a big nose.

Gal has a Jewish nose. Not Barbara Streisand Jewish, but still similar in shape if not size.

But considering Diana was sculpted out of clay, and thus no birthing required, that shouldn't matter.
My post you quoted was so long ago I almost thought you made it up. :funny:

In any case the film [BLACKOUT]confirms the clay origin story was made up for child Diana, did it not? Would be odd for her to acknowledge Ares as her brother otherwise.[/BLACKOUT]

My post you quoted was so long ago I almost thought you made it up. :funny:

In any case the film [BLACKOUT]confirms the clay origin story was made up for child Diana, did it not? Would be odd for her to acknowledge Ares as her brother otherwise.[/BLACKOUT]

Nope [BLACKOUT]only the sword being the godkiller story was made up. Dianna called Ares brother because they were both created by Zeus[/BLACKOUT]. That was my interpretation anyway.

As it stands given how the film ends:
I wouldn't say either camp can say anything definitively. While the godkiller sword was a made up story I think the clay to life idea could still be a go... But it could be that the story was a cover and that Ares and Diana do have the same father in Zeus.

The way things are left they have the ability to take the story however they want it.

tenor.gif

Gladiator!

Gif loses it's affect/charm when you use it right after somebody just did. :funny:

As it stands given how the film ends:
I wouldn't say either camp can say anything definitively. While the godkiller sword was a made up story I think the clay to life idea could still be a go... But it could be that the story was a cover and that Ares and Diana do have the same father in Zeus.

The way things are left they have the ability to take the story however they want it.

They made it pretty clear Diana is indeed the daughter of Zeus so the whole clay thing is out the window.

Especially since those involved stated they were following behind New 52 Wonder Woman.

Re: clay. . .

Its entirely possible for both stories to be true. Hippolyta did form Diana out of clay, and it was imbued with life by Zeus. . . and said life was "as Zeus' child". After all, the myths have Zeus do all kinds of funky things that result in offspring. It wouldn't be *that* weird.

Which would mean the main thing Hippolyta left out was that this new child wasn't a newly created *amazon*, but a newly created goddess/demigoddess ( I'm not sure the setting distinguishes ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"