Match 2:

Morgan Le Fay (PHAEDRUS45) link

MorganLeFay.jpg

vs.

Bloodscream (PHAEDRUS45) link

Bloodscream1.jpg

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Mansion

Nobody will be in the mansion, besides the combatants. Remember, while you do have 24 hour prep time, that prep time does not allow you to place anything within the location before the battle begins. You can only take stuff into battle that you can hold on your character's person.

Debating May Begin!

HELIX VS PROTOCIDE

Intro
In this match we have two very different characters.

Protocide is pretty well a Captain America on steroids. No I am not saying he has acne and is impotent, although I can’t provide proof to state otherwise.

Helix has the ability to quickly adapt his body to any impending threat. If a telepath is within his vicinity, he cancels their psionic powers, if someone around him is strong physically, he becomes stronger and durable, if someone releases a toxin, he can adapt to that as well, if he is restrained, he develops sharp protruding spines to cut the restraints.

Prep-time

Helix is given his first opponent’s picture and name. Protocide

Helix, would have no ability to look up his opponent’s information nor would he have any history with his opponent to go on, so he surveys the picture and notices he looks quite similar to Captain America, who is well known, with his shield and similar styled attire. He comes to the conclusion that he must be tied in with Captain America and potentially his skills.

On the same end Protocide would have no resources in looking up information on Helix. Looking at the picture, Helix would appear to be small and non threatening, as he would when not under distress. So no help there.

The location would have no advantage to either party as both would have never been there or have information on the premises.

Match

Arriving at the location, helix would move carefully around trying to locate his opponent. As he turns the corner he gets a glimpse of something moving. He barely brings his arm up to defend himself as a swift kick lands hard against them. Helix rolls backwards from the impact as his powers activate, giving him superhuman strength (can increase enough to beat Wonderman badly) and speed (fast enough to keep up with multiple Spidey clones/ and fight all the New Warriors). His durability increases at the same point as he steadies himself against Protocide.

Protocide moves in quickly, expecting to be able to hit Helix again as easy as it was just before. Protocide throws a punch and Helix quickly ducks catching Protocide off-guard and lands a solid smack to the gut lifting him in the air and letting him fall to the ground. Surprised, Protocide is confused that a moment ago he easily hit Helix. Shaking off the solid hit by Helix, Protocide goes into overdrive with quick punches, and round house kicks to Helix knocking him against the wall. Unknown to Protocide, Helix’s powers adapt and give Helix further powers to be able to handle Protocide’s quickness and agility. Getting up quickly, Helix starts taking it to protocide landing punches and kicks. Protocide tries to counter this time but helix has become too quick and powerful for him. Helix grabs a hold of him and throws him through a wall. Protocide stunned by the impact tries to get up but Helix moves in and ends the match with a stomp to the face.

Conclusion

Protocide is a formidable foe, but he would have a disadvantage of not knowing his enemy and underestimating him at first approach. Unknown to him, Helix’s powers will counter Protocide’s ability and surpass him. The more he attacks, the more powerful Helix will become.

Protocide will get his shots and keep this match interesting because of his ability but eventually Helix will finish it.

WINNER HELIX

Last edited:
Deathlok vs. The Leader: Opening Debate

There is a real understanding of The Leader's abilities when you look at his entry in the HULK 2004 Official Handbook.

First off, The Leader has one thing going for him, "above-genius-level intellect." What I feared for a while was some of the things listed in his powers with the link provided, mainly his ability to control the minds of others. Interestingly enough, I found the following information:

"After his second mutation, he gained the ability to control the minds of non-gamma-irradiated individuals with whom he had prior physical contact."

Yep, Leader hasn't had prior physical contact with Deathlok; so, that was quickly taken away from this battle.

Also, many of The Leaders past battles involved his use of a variety of humanoids; something he cannot use in this battle. As I don't have to tell the voters, The Leader cannot bring any humanoids, robots, or "Super-Humanoids" into this battle with him.

So, while The Leader has a vast intellect, the rest of his abilities are pretty bad. Just one punch can take him out.

NOW, onto Deathlok.

His abilities are vast. For intellect, he's just a step below The Leader, as he's linked to a CPU. His skeleton is made of Adamantium, and he is managed by nanotech assemblers, which can repair organic damage. He's capable of pressing 85 tons, with a theoretical limit of 150 tons.

Deathlok can function without conscious thought via the computer, and that computer can perform various techniques, like combat and stealth.

Most damaging for The Leader is the location of the battle. Being in Avenger's Mansion, Deathlok can interface with the computer, taking control of the Mansion and garnering any information within the files. (Which, I would bet contains VAST information about The Leader.)

This doesn't even take into consideration the weapons Deathlok has, which are the plasma assault rifle, plasma pistol, and plasma grenade launcher. All can take out The Leader; but, as mentioned, after Deathlok integrates with the Avenger's Mansion, he probably won't have to come into direct contact with The Leader. The security measures installed in the mansion could do that, easily.

Winner = Deathlok

Well, this sucks! I just read the bio on Bloodscream, and he's just an awesome character. It's just Morgan Le Fay is one of my top characters, and I can't imagine her losing this battle.

Yeah, I was looking at Bloodscream myself. I forgot how good of a character he is.

Well, this sucks! I just read the bio on Bloodscream, and he's just an awesome character. It's just Morgan Le Fay is one of my top characters, and I can't imagine her losing this battle.

Yeah Bloodscream's a pretty tough character. Just not a lucky one apparently as he's pretty far out of his depth against Morgan Le Fay.

Hollow VS Lilith

All Hollow know is that she's seen alot of vampire movies. Let's do this.

She's going to try guerrilla tactics, traps, and hopefully a well placed wooden stake to the heart. Attacking from positions of stealth will help her. Hollow will definately be wary of looking at this abomination in the eyes. She'll try a holy symbol if she can find one. I know that it won't work but she doesn't. She'll also try to find some improvised explosive devices.

She's fighting uphill. But she's getting prepared and she'll do her best.

Hollow Wins!!!

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Hollow(Penance) vs. Lilith(Daughter of Dracula) Opening Debate:

Bios first!

Hollow:

Penance's skin, hair, and clawed hands and feet are harder than diamond, and are sharp enough to shred the skin of anyone touching her. Her ultra-dense hide is superhumanly durable, but her strength seems normal.

Lilith:

She has traditional vampire-powers, to a higher degree than most, lacking most traditional limitations.

She has superhuman physical abilities, and can mesmerize others with a glance, transform partially or fully into a bat or mist, control the weather, and command animals, such as rats, bats and wolves.

She's immune to sunlight, religious symbols and garlic, but can be destroyed by the Montesi Formula or a wooden stake through the heart. She recovers instantly from most other wounds (even surviving dismemberment), and her spirit will return as long as Dracula exists.

The fight:

This just isn't much of a fight; there isn't anything Penance can do that will take out Lilith, as she won't have access to the Montesi Formula or can get her hands on a wooden stake. Penance simply cannot hold items in her hands, because they'd simply destroy them. Plus, except for her durability, she's limited in all other aspects.

To begin this fight, Lilith will take the form of a bat or mist, and in that way, she's either unreachable (bat) or unable to harm (mist). Lilith can simply mesmerize her opponent if need be.

Penance can be defeated, as it's shown how Emplate has captured her in Generation-X; or, in The Loners, "she has been held captive by MGH-harvesting drug dealers."

It appears Penance works best within a team environment; otherwise, she can be captured...or, she has probably learned it's best to flee at this point. As in Gen-X, "Penance awakens with one thought on her mind: survival. Perceiving the infirmary as a cell, she escapes, tearing the room apart in the process." I'm almost betting that in this setting, not really understanding what is going on, she'll try to high-tail it out of Avengers Mansion, especially when she discovers she cannot harm Lilith.

Winner = Lilith, Daughter Of Dracula

Lilith vs. Hollow Rebuttal:

All Hollow know is that she's seen alot of vampire movies. Let's do this.

Actually, all we know is that Hollow is mute, and there is no proof that she's seen vampire movies. Even if she did, they will do her little good. Whoever is currently in the body of Hollow (that's a mystery that hasn't been revealed), she has extreme trouble communicating, and is very feral. It would appear she has a real fight/flight tendancy, same as an animal would.

She's going to try guerrilla tactics, traps, and hopefully a well placed wooden stake to the heart. Attacking from positions of stealth will help her. Hollow will definately be wary of looking at this abomination in the eyes. She'll try a holy symbol if she can find one. I know that it won't work but she doesn't. She'll also try to find some improvised explosive devices.

None of these tactics can work with this character. As anything she touches would be destroyed by her skin, she cannot pick up a wooden stake, cannot set up traps, cannot even hold a holy symbol. (This doesn't even take in the fact that Lilith cannot be destroyed by religious symbols or sunlight.) We won't even touch on what would happen if she touched an "improvised explosive device." BOOOM!!!!

She's fighting uphill. But she's getting prepared and she'll do her best.

What sucks about Hollow is she is not a character who will use Prep-Time to her advantage. She's feral, and once inside the mansion, will be freaking out! She won't know Lilith is around her until it's too late; and, as Lilith can be mist or a bat, she'll get to watch Penance until it's time to attack.

There is no way that
Hollow Wins!!!

Winner = Lilith, Daughter of Dracula

Voting May Begin!!!

Just a reminder to all who choose to vote in this tournament. You must read all the debates and rebuttals before voting. Also, you must vote in all four threads for all of the matches for your votes to count.

Good luck to all the participants!

Deathlok (although I don't think it would be that easy to take out the leader)
Lilith
Helix
Morgan Le Fay

Well this bracket was certainly easier than the first.

My votes:

Lilith - There was really little Franklin could have done here, which is sad because I like Penance.
Helix - Protocide had a chance but I was leaning toward Helix anyway. The non-debate won it for me.
Deathlok - This, however, could have been a good match. But no debate equals win.
Morgan Le Fay - It doesn't matter since Phaed owns them both, but I think she'd win the fight in the end anyway. I hate mystics!

Lilith, Daughter of Dracula - Smarts and power advantage.
Helix - Got debated for.
Deathlok - Ditto.
Morgan Le Fay - Vastly more powerful.

Lilith

Helix

Deathlok - Although Leader could probably give him a run for the money.

Morgan Le Fay - I don't think Bloodscream will even get close to Morgan.

Lilith - a better version of Dracula

Helix - I think he would take this whether it had been debated or not

Deathlok - Now knowing a bit about the Leaser I really do not think Deathlok would take this but given the absence of Mr Green, in this scenario he would

Morgan Le Fey

Final Results:

*Lilith-Daughter of Dracula defeats Hollow-Penance 10-0

*Helix defeats Protocide 10-0

*Deathlok-Collins defeats Leader 10-0

*Morgan Le Fay defeats Bloodscream 10-0

(I think this is the first time in the CoM's history we have a clean sweep in a thread.)

Damn. I blame the fact that I had no matches in this thread. My ego demands it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"