Days of Future Past Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

2q6BD84.gif

Best part of the trailer.

That scene straight out got an ovation from me instantly...my co-workers were like "What?"

I'm ready. SO ready!

Iceman looks great. Never thought i'd see ice slides in the movie so this was a totally welcome surprise. The ice form also looks a lot better than on X3.

We're getting 3 things at once that we haven't really had before. A great looking ice-form (much better than X3), Bobby ice-sliding, creating and moving along it at speed and simultaneously using his ice powers aggressively against what looks like a Sentinel. What a step up for this guy. I like that they at least tried stuff in X3 but this is the kid growing into a full on X-Man.

I always knew Iceman had the potential to stand out and leave an impact on the audience, so its awesome to see it happening. And this is just a tease, lol

It's just a shame that this will probably be his last outing unless the following film brings him from the future into the past. The could be wasting a character that's good looking, has an amazing looking power, and can get a badass.

My body was not ready for him, i geeked out hard at 1.40am.

It's indeed incredible. Only flaw is that his arms should have been bare.

some thoughts/wishes:

If he gets smashed in his ice form then reassembles I will die in the theater, that would be true omega-level Bobby Drake in action.
I hope they do some more future movies because as a greedy fan one movie with Bobby sliding around all iced up just aint gonna be enough.
It would also be nice if he makes some classic Bobby Drake remarks in the film, only Bobby can make a funny in a serious situation. Bobby could actually be a big hit with the audience especially kids when done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"