Days of Future Past Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

We're getting 3 things at once that we haven't really had before. A great looking ice-form (much better than X3), Bobby ice-sliding, creating and moving along it at speed and simultaneously using his ice powers aggressively against what looks like a Sentinel. What a step up for this guy. I like that they at least tried stuff in X3 but this is the kid growing into a full on X-Man.

4 things in my opinion, and the one nobody has commented on is already we are seeing them working together, Blink opens a portal for him to come through which is a nice way of showing their teamwork.

2q6BD84.gif

I could watch that all day.

They knew what they were doing with this trailer. What a gorgeous scene.

This is becoming the most quoted Gif in Hype history. :D

Yeah I hope the other teams work together too

4 things in my opinion, and the one nobody has commented on is already we are seeing them working together, Blink opens a portal for him to come through which is a nice way of showing their teamwork.
The 4th is the teamwork? I meant at the same time in the 2nd shot (as he's doing all 3 simultaneously) but yeah like you say the teamwork is awesome. The power combinations are what makes a lot of X-Men comic action scenes work so well and better than we've seen in the films so far. Especially characters like Rogue, Kitty & Nightcrawler who were almost designed for combinations.

This is becoming the most quoted Gif in Hype history. :D

Ugh, me too, by far my favorite part of the trailer, just so cool and so fulfilling!
Haha even if the film bombs now this 5 second gif will be here forever. It's already better than the next Transformers film. :woot:

I am not even a huge Iceman fan and I have to admit that was possibly my second favourite moment in the entire trailer.

I am not even a huge Iceman fan and I have to admit that was possibly my second favourite moment in the entire trailer.

Which begs the question...what was your first favourite?

Which begs the question...what was your first favourite?

My avvy haha. Something about the way Halle has approached storm this time around seems different. I dunno if it is possibly the fact they are all soldiers pretty much in this but she actually looks epic raising her arms like that.

The great thing is that footage of his slide is only about 2 seconds long. I think it's safe to say we've only seen the tip of the iceberg for that scene. :cwink:

I would love to see a point-of-view ice-sliding shot ala TASM (or Beast in First Class).

I still can't believe we are seeing a live action ice slide with him also shooting out ice from his hand...

n1t63c.jpg

Excellent choice of reply gif and quite appropriate, kudos!

:funny: great gif indeed
happy times for XMen fans, man

We're all winners in this thread.

just wondered something, do u think Bobby will transport another XMan on his iceslide at one point? Ive always wanted to see Bobby and Kitty moving on it

:funny: great gif indeed
happy times for XMen fans, man

Yeah it gets funnier each time I see it :funny: I think that was the exact reaction a lot of us had, staring at our laptops in disbelief for a few seconds, then that moment of joy when it sunk in that we were finally witnessing Iceman in all his ice sliding glory. :woot:

Finally the real iceman has shown up. Other than Nightcrawler and Wolverine, and Magneto, these movies haven't done a good job of showcasing the fighting abilities of these characters, and I think we are now starting to see the culmination of this. I realize in the first one they were limited by budget, but as the scope got bigger, it never seemed to reflect in the action.

Even Storm was greatly underused IMO compared to what she can do in the comics. While it sounds like Storm will be more of a cameo roll in this, we'll at least get to see Bobby do his thing.

I think the whole of the future crew will be fighting well together this time, although it would be nice to see the classic core X-Men get a real chance to do that one day.

Finally the real iceman has shown up. Other than Nightcrawler and Wolverine, and Magneto, these movies haven't done a good job of showcasing the fighting abilities of these characters, and I think we are now starting to see the culmination of this. I realize in the first one they were limited by budget, but as the scope got bigger, it never seemed to reflect in the action.

Even Storm was greatly underused IMO compared to what she can do in the comics. While it sounds like Storm will be more of a cameo roll in this, we'll at least get to see Bobby do his thing.

I agree on the action front. The scale seems bigger in terms of action.

Disagree about Storm however. She is a little more than a cameo and she has some character development, apparently. It's also likely she will have a big action sequence in the beginning of the film.

That would be good for Storm. I just thought I had read that her part in this film was very small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"