Sequels Costuming of the X-Men

Because I've been saying that and I thought it would be funny. Saying it on the forums, where others might say "Yea, I want to see that too" would persuade you more. :clown:

Because I've been saying that and I thought it would be funny. Saying it on the forums, where others might say "Yea, I want to see that too" would persuade you more. :clown:
:whatever:. well for anyone whos curious, im currently working on Rogue with Angel (and i guess now, Nightcrawler) on deck.

...and here are those designs. i copied them from my original posts:

here's my Rogue design. i have to admit it's not as much of a "costume" as it is convincing street clothes. i'm going with the "runaway" aspect of her character so she'll find her way to the Xavier Institute either on her own or with help, and i have her in a motorcycle outfit mimicking a costume. i thought with a background of constantly being on the road, keeping her in a leather outfit would be appropriate. it keeps with her traditional green and is reminiscent of her australia look as well as her other green uniforms.
rogue_reboot.jpg

and here's my Angel. its pretty straight forward, Xavier uniform like the rest of the O-5. i actually borrowed the waist X design from Beast's Astonishing costume, but like Jean i didn't want the X standing out. same jacket and pants set up as Cyclops and Jean; or in Warren's case, vest. since i haven't drawn the back (yet) i'm fiddling with the idea that Warren will have a personalized vest wear its open in the back for his wings- pretty much like a halter top. i might draw it later on, but that may be a little too feminine for a male superhero.
angel_reboot.jpg

thats soo cool y'all are brothers! i def. would never expect to have one of my brothers on here.

...and here are those designs. i copied them from my original posts:

here's my Rogue design. i have to admit it's not as much of a "costume" as it is convincing street clothes. i'm going with the "runaway" aspect of her character so she'll find her way to the Xavier Institute either on her own or with help, and i have her in a motorcycle outfit mimicking a costume. i thought with a background of constantly being on the road, keeping her in a leather outfit would be appropriate. it keeps with her traditional green and is reminiscent of her australia look as well as her other green uniforms.
rogue_reboot.jpg

and here's my Angel. its pretty straight forward, Xavier uniform like the rest of the O-5. i actually borrowed the waist X design from Beast's Astonishing costume, but like Jean i didn't want the X standing out. same jacket and pants set up as Cyclops and Jean; or in Warren's case, vest. since i haven't drawn the back (yet) i'm fiddling with the idea that Warren will have a personalized vest wear its open in the back for his wings- pretty much like a halter top. i might draw it later on, but that may be a little too feminine for a male superhero.
angel_reboot.jpg

Do some more man! Do Iceman, Collossus, Nightcrawler and Emma Frost please??

when you have all the team, post them together, it will be amazing.

and then, add Anna Paquin, Ben Foster, Ellen & company faces!

haahhahaah

i posted these in the "X-Men: First Class thread" until i found this one. figured it would be more appropriate here. i'll just copy everything over:

i plan on making a couple more, but this is an idea i have for Cyclops's costume. i figure it could be a team look for a First Class spin-off or if they ever did decide to just reboot the series it would be his independent look.

it's based off that field uniform Storm wore at Alkali Lake in X3, and just so happens to mirror Cyclops's "reloaded" costume from 2004-recently. the idea is that it would be a form fitting jacket and pants suit (like Daredevil's) with the skullcap separated and tucked under the jacket. the X buckle is actually part of the jacket, and swings open for the zipper. gloves and boot are seperate.
cyclops_reboot.jpg

next up is Jean Grey. aside from the Phoenix she's never had an iconic look so i just gave her an "Xavier uniform" look, though its noticeably unique from Cyclops's and the others. i think giving the original team a similar color scheme is the best way to go, and when others like Storm, Wolverine, and Colossus begin to show they'll bring along their own looks.
jean_reboot.jpg

here are some more designs i have. i actually would have had them up earlier but i was too busy running away from a hurricane.

first we have Beast (and this is actually the first time i've ever drawn him). his design is, again, based off the Xavier uniform look. i gave him a simple black sleeve-less shirt simply because i don't think anyone would purposely walk around without a shirt on all day long. but with it being a simple shirt it could easily get ripped allowing him to take it off in battle and we would have the classic Beast look.
beast_reboot.jpg

also i have my Wolverine. i wouldn't introduce him like this unless it was a reboot and not until it's sequels, but i just wanted to show my ideas for other members. the rest of the suits have been pretty faithful to what we've already seen in the films so this is my first major change in design. the look is very faithful to his mid 80's to early 90's look. the idea is that the first class team would meet him some time after he's left Department H. the red design on his buckle is a makeshift "H" which would be the organization's logo, and he personally took the liberty in removing it's sleeves. personally i'm against giving wolverine a mask but i did still make one that could possibly work for a film, and it be explained that it's part of the standard Department H uniform as everyone was required to wear one specific to their costume. as it shows, the necking works like Cyclops's skullcap and it tucks under his uniform. oh and those aren't white lenses for eyes, it's just for effect.

for a sequel it would probably make sense that he would wear an Xavier suit, but they can probably pull a "Batman Begins" and have the school damaged in the end of the first film preventing him and others from getting uniforms.
wolverine_reboot.jpg

new design. i did Psylocke simply because she's my favorite X-Woman and i would love to see her properly done in a reboot/prequel/whatever. this was actually one of the harder ones for me because i really wanted people to "see" Psylocke with this one, but i think i came up with something that works. to keep her background simple the idea is she's just a british-born asian who's trained in ninjitsu. so i kept with her famous "asian ninja" look and her costume is a simple form-fitting jumpsuit; light-weight and easy to maneuver in. the dark stripes refer back to her costume's "Elektra Strips", inexplicably wrapped around her legs, which are slightly more reflective to stand out, and seen on the bottom are her signature butterflies- also slightly reflective. i also wanted to include her red belt/sash, but it wasn't working with the stream-line athletic look so i shrunk it down and tied it to her arm as a "good luck charm" from her brother or sensei or significant person from her past. finish it off with simple fingerless gloves over wrist tape and black wrestling shoes for sneaking.
psylocke_reboot.jpg
Really great, I'd love to see these on screen.

I like something like this
Uncanny_Larocca.jpg

Not exactly but similar. Theres a team aspect, but also each made to individual style. I think the materials are practical but are also "comic book-y" if that makes sense. They are also modern but keeping with each character classic look.

copied from my original post:

time for a new design- Nightcrawler. i feel this one would work if the character's introduction his handled accordingly- he makes his way to America (either of his own will, or after being chased out of the circus/carnival) with nothing but the clothes on his back. so we're looking at his trapeze outfit, just like the comic. with that scenario it allows his look to resemble his classic costume almost perfectly. the red is slightly reflective like many gymnastic outfits are, and i didn't feel the gloves and boots were necessary for this translation.
nightcrawler_reboot.jpg

i suppose after this i'll be working on Iceman and Colossus.

Now that the first films incorporated the leather uniforms, it'd seem rather silly for the X-Men to suddenly transition into these bright superhero outfits. The costumes are fine for the universe established in the film.

well the whole inspiration behind my costumes is that the franchise is restarting and following the books more faithfully. we've already seen Spider-Man, Daredevil, Hulk, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, the Fantastic Four, Superman, and to a degree Batman already translated to the big screen almost identically from the comics, and i think given some time before it's release we can see a team of X-Men dressed in something other than black padded leather. and if i haven't said it before on this thread, these independent looks are only for the character's first appearance or for those who won't permanently join the X-Men. official members will most likely take on an Xavier uniform still unique to the character.

I prefer the x-men with their own color costum, but it'll better if they're not too colorfull :D

nightcrawler.jpg

Throw a little red in there and it could look pretty great on screen.

210px-Cyclopsjc.jpg

Make the blue a little darker and you're good to go. He'd look badass, like Racer X.

storm1.jpg

x-men-origins-wolverine-20080227111118055.jpg

I'm actually fine with this.

ultimatexmen448oe.jpg

440px-Colossus(ultimate).jpg

Just tone down the yellow belt.

iceman.jpg

Have him iced up for more than five seconds.

Someone should do a manip with that Iceman pic in full body.

One thing I've always felt is that Wolverine's costume should show his arms. Hugh Jackman is definitely jacked enough (no pun intended) and it would just look so bad ash!

Anna wishes that was her ash.

nightcrawler.jpg

Throw a little red in there and it could look pretty great on screen.

210px-Cyclopsjc.jpg

Make the blue a little darker and you're good to go. He'd look badass, like Racer X.

storm1.jpg

x-men-origins-wolverine-20080227111118055.jpg

I'm actually fine with this.

ultimatexmen448oe.jpg

440px-Colossus%28ultimate%29.jpg

Just tone down the yellow belt.

iceman.jpg

Have him iced up for more than five seconds.

I agree with all those. And when I saw Speed Racer and saw Racer X, thought instantly of Cyclops.

I've always found it hard to picture what a "comic-accurate" Jean Grey would look like. Her ultimate costume on screen, could look...hookerish. But her bright green Phoenix costume wouldn't work either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"