Create-a-Hero/Villian RPG Sign Up MOD APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHRPG

Civilian
Reaction score
Create-A-Hero RPG!

I am the Game Master, and this is my world.

This is the world of Earth in my universe, where I and my fellow Game Masters are the sole powers. This universe is ours to shape to our will, and those that defy us cease to exist.
In the center of this universe resides the planet known as Earth. Being the center of the universe, this blue world has a special significance to us Game Masters, and so many cosmic events shall involve or focus on this infinitesimal, yet important sphere. This is by design, not accident. Unfortunately for the planet, they know not of our existence, nor their importance in this universe. They simply exist in a world they think they control.

To most of the people on this world, everyday life does not involve aliens, supernatural battles, or cosmic conflicts. However, this is about to change, for my fellow Game Masters and I have chosen to ignite the spark in this planet as well as in other worlds. Soon heroes and villains alike, both powerful and powerless, will appear and the conflicts will begin.

Much mystery will be revealed by these noble and nefarious beings. The Lost City of Atlantis is hidden, much like we Game Masters are, however soon this ancient realm may be unearthed to the rest of the planet, to either the world's detriment or delight. Even the wondrous civilization of the Moon and beyond may choose to unveil themselves after millenia spent in hiding. Marvels both technological and magical await those who possess the fortitude to seek them out, however this would be their choice.
We Game Masters only interfere when times require it.

There is but one organization the Humans have already. This organization is called S.T.R.I.K.E., which stands for Super Terrestrial Review Inside Known Encounters, and it searches already for the unknown, yet known to us. These humans have already been preparing for the event that my fellow Game Masters and I will initiate, and soon they will be busy trying to catalogue and enlist the enhanced humans and non-humans in their organization.
Will these beings join with them or spurn their offer? Only time will tell.

The sudden birth of powerful beings will urge some un-enhanced humans to harbor fear and resentment. Some will take up weapons and technology and form groups to protect themselves and their families. They may be the most powerful yet for they fight as though their very existance is at stake.

So, let the Great Experiment begin as the spark of evolutionary power finds it's way into the creatures of the cosmos. Only time will tell if we chose wisely, for even we Game Masters cannot see the future...

The Game Masters: ElectroFlare, Cyrusbales, Eddie Brock Jr.

RULES
  • You can create any superhero or super villain in this New Universe, as long as they: Are NOT deities, gods, or people such as Death. People like Thanos and Silver Surfer and Captain Marvel are okay, though...

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character, such as no Cyclops moving planets with his optic blasts, Dazzler defeating Galactus, or Aunt May as Galatus's new Herald...
  • Do NOT rip off existing heroes in comic universes. Come up with your own creation. If your character is too similar to one in Marvel, DC, or other comic companies, you will be asked to change it or come up with a new character.
  • Do NOT criticize another poster’s character. We are not all Stan Lee or Shakespeare. Constructive criticism is okay as long as it is not offensive. This rule applies even if a poster asks for feedback.
  • Your character should make sense. Wolverine doesn’t dance in the flowers. If you have a meek character, they shouldn’t be smacking other characters around.
  • Communicate with others in your arc. This is key to the fun. It doesn’t matter how many fights you win, it matters if the fights were written well.
  • Do NOT kill other Player Characters. NPCs are fine to kill, with permission from anyone else using that NPC.
  • The Game Masters have the final say in matters of character acceptance. You are welcome to alter the character to make it less powerful or more creative, but arguing with the Game Masters is not allowed. This is a game, let it be fun.
  • You are allowed two characters at most, but only after the Game Masters feel it is appropriate. No one will be allowed to start with two characters.
  • This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such.
  • Your first post should be your origin post. There are NO pre-established characters in this RPG.
  • You can reside in any place in the New Universe. You can also travel off-planet.
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off NPC victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM.
  • Don't be killing people without reason. You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Dazzler will lose against Thanos one on one, but may be able to use her allies to help her out or she can run away.
  • If you want to take part in this, just fill out an app and your name and character will appear on the roster, pending approval.
  • You can form super villain gangs, superhero teams, alliances, the works.
  • There can be a number of stories going on at once, using different people.
  • Act like your characters; ASSUME their traits and personalities.
  • There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative.
  • There is no time travel at all. This preserves continuity easier and avoids confusion.
  • There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.
  • No obscene topics!
  • People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED by the Game Masters. If a Hype! Mod need boot you; do not bother applying again.
Create a Hero/Villain RPG SEASON I

Screen Name:

Character you have created:
Alias:

Speech Color (actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not):

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain

Identity: Secret/Known

Character Personality(Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):

Origin Info/Details:

Hero Type: (Select one)
Brick/Muscle
Elemental: (Select: Water, Wind, Earth)
Energy:(What kind of energy? Ex. Electricity, Fire)
Psychic
Speedster
Gray Matter(Super-smart characters)
Shape Shifter
Mystic(Spell casters/magic users)
Supernatural(Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities

Power Level (Select one below):

1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)
2. City Level (Ex. Spider-man, Cyclops)
3. World Level (Ex. Flash, Superman)
4. Cosmic (Ex. Silver Surfer, Green Lantern)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific):

Attributes (Select one at each category:
Strength Level: Normal Human, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 tons. (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 MPH. (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours. (Characters at 5 hours or more fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Agility: Normal Human, 5X, 10X, 15X, or 20X Human level. (Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Intelligence: Average/Genius/Super-Genius (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Super-Genius the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained/Mastered (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Mastered the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Resources: Minimal/Average/Large/Extreme (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Extreme the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character):

Supporting Characters(Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

Sample Origin Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

All characters created and RPed are property of the respective Super Hero Hype!(SHH!) user. The characters are not to be used in any fanfiction, comic, or any other interpertation without permission from that SHH! user.

CHARACTER ROSTER

HEROES

Agnus Dei
Feature
Character App

The Archangel
Trustyside-kick
Character App

The Assailant
ScarletVenom25
Character App

Asteroid-Man
Asteroid-Man
Character App

Blacklight
xman:blacklight
Character App

Blue Blur
Byrd Man
Character App

Chalybs
Piles
Character App

Divinity
Apprentice
Character App

Electron
Climperoonie
Character App

The Ghost Kid
ghost kid
Character App

Icon
NiteMare Shape
Character App

Mantis
Eddie Brock Jr
Character App

The Survivor
Spike x1
Character App

Twilight Goddess
MadRhapsody
Character App

herocahroster3lh9.jpg

WALKING THE LINE

Captain Jack Mason
Catman_prb
Character App

Mr. ?
Lord Doom
Character App

Pulse

Syn (Mercenary)
Character App

cahrosterwtl3ls9.jpg

VILLAINS

Bennie Farmer
Matt Murdock
Character App

EZEKIEL
Cyrusbales
Character App

Franco Zano
Karem-Knight
Character App

Mistress Pink
BlackAngel
Character App

Saydo
SonnyBlack
Character App

The Skunk
Keyser Soze
Character App

cahrostervillains3xd6.jpg

Screen Name: ElectroFlare

Character you have created: James Robins

Alias: Spirit of America

Speech Color: Bold Blue

Character Alignment: Hero
Identity: Secret/Known

Character Personality: James Robins/Spirit of America is a rough person who is hard to get along with. He does not share his feelings, and many rumor that the Spirit of America has none. He is not talkative, but doesn’t hesitate to get things done. He is not above killing those that deserve it, but won’t murder those who don’t. A former military officer, he does not see it as murder. To those they vow they never will take a life, James says that it is only a matter of time. He also believes this world has lost the ideals of America, though he attempts to enforce them.

Origin Info/Details: On a routine flight over Russia, James Robin’s plane was knocked out of the sky and he was knocked unconscious. He awoke within a small warehouse, strapped to a table. Rebel Russian fighters who believed in bringing back the Soviet Union were testing a strain of virus, and had chosen James as a perfect test subject. However, due to the intrinsic nature of his genes, a one in a million combination, the virus had an actual positive effect instead of the intended deathblow. He gained great abilities by it, and used these abilities to escape and steal a Russian aircraft. Unfortunately for the United States Army, they did not find out about these abilities. After being discharged, to prevent his emotions from getting in the way, he took up a life in which he could fight for morals and value despite no military status.

Power Level:

1. Street Level

Powers (Be Specific): The Spirit of America has greatly enhanced strength and agility, more so then that of a power lifter or an Olympic gymnast. He can lift nearly twenty tons; however this requires maximum effort and would exhaust him. He can also dodge gun fire at close range; however this too would tax his endurance. His senses have also been enhanced, giving his eyes a camera-like zoom function as well as enhancing his hearing to the point where music is no longer a luxury for him. His tactile sense increased to the point that he must wear clothing over his entire epidermis, or he would feel everything, even minute winds. In battle, this distraction could prove deadly. The olfactory sense was increased also to the point of a wolf. His healing has also been increased where that injuries that would send a man to the hospital for a week, James Robins needs only a few days.

Attributes (Select one at each category):
Strength Level: 20 tons.

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 50 MPH

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 2,

Agility: 10X,

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Trained

Resources: Average

Weaknesses: While his physical abilities were enhanced, his endurance was only mildly enhanced and therefore exhaustion becomes a problem for him. Also, his senses were increased to the point that he covers his entire body with clothing and wears ear plugs most of the time to dull his senses to normal human capabilities. He is not afraid to kill, but his morals do tend to get in the way, as he only kills those that absolutely deserve it. He kills the rapists, not the purse snatcher.

Supporting Characters: The main antagonist is Yuri, the Russian scientist who developed the virus. After he saw what effects it had to create the Spirit of America, he sought a way to recreate it, and did so. The effects on him were the same to a lesser degree. The theory behind that is that James’ body was well tuned and in top physical shape before he was changed, and Yuri’s was grossly out of shape. However, the virus also gave Yuri telekinetic powers, enabling him to fight from a distance and for a limited time, float in the sky.

1. He’s a patriotic hero that isn’t Captain America and doesn’t act like him.

2. He’s an anti-hero that wears the flag, how great is that.

3. He’s down and dirty, and will cheat if he has to.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I can bring my own take on a patriotic hero and not worry about people claiming that I write him wrongly. I can also bring someone who has morals, but isn’t afraid to bend the rules.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed, barring computer problems.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yes.

It was supposed to be routine. Just fly over, take some pictures, and fly back. No big deal, right? That’s what I thought.
My name was James Robins. And I was flying over Russia, and it was supposed to be uneventful, a yawn mission if you will. However, it didn’t turn out like that.
Lights flared in the cockpit as my plane rocked. Alarms went off one right after the other. “Damn! What the hell?” I yelled to myself as the plane began spiraling out of control. No choice, I had to eject. I did so shortly before I fell unconscious.
“Your questions will soon been answered Major.” A voice said as I shook my head. I was strapped to a table, my uniform top stripped of me. At least they had kept my pants on.
“What the hell is going on here!?” I yelled in anger.
“Oh, just an experiment. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the results.” I didn’t like the look on that cocky SOB. I couldn’t move as he injected me with the needle, nor could I fight the notion to fall asleep again.

I woke again, this time strapped to a chair. I was alive.
“He’s awake! Kill him!” I heard a voice yell in Russian. Instantly my eyes cleared up. I twisted my head to the side as a knife swept by, nicking my ear but slicing a cord of rope that bound me.
“You idiot! Kill him!” Again the Russian. Did these dopes think I couldn’t understand them? Before he could slice me I flexed my arms as hard as I could. With the rope being slice, the rest snapped easily.
The Russians that were in that never left. However, I did.
I had to knock out three more Russians before I could get to the hanger.

What were these Russians doing? They knew I was American. Why would they shoot down an American aircraft for no reason? It didn’t make sense. There was no reason for war now. America and Russia may not be best friends, but it still didn’t add up.
I stole a plane and flew home. I crash-landed in the Delaware River, not the best place in the world to take a swim. Shortly after that, military police apprehended me.

How in the hell would I explain this?

Screen Name: Kaboom

Character you have created: Charge!

Alias: Tai Morrow

Speech Color: Like this.

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain
Hero

Identity: Secret

Character Personality(Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):
Tai Morrow is a sixteen year old boy from the "otherside of the tracks." He is part of the "entitlement" generation and believes everyone is "out to get him."
His mom is a mail carrier.
He lives in a trailer park.

Origin Info/Details:
No funky accidents. No mutancy. No gift by extra terrestials. Tai merely awoke one day with the ability to convert his body into energy/lightning.

Power Level (Select one below):

1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)
2. City Level (Ex. Spider-man, Cyclops)
4. Cosmic (Ex. Silver Surfer, Green Lantern)

Powers (Be Specific):

Tai has the tactile power to covert matter into energy and energy into matter. For now, this means, Tai can charge his body into lightning to travel at light speeds, generate lightning bursts as offensive weapons, and make things explode upon touching them.

Attributes (Select one at each category:
Strength Level: Normal Human, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 tons. (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
Normal Human
Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 MPH. (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
In normal human state, Charge! has regular reflexes, in his energy state, he can react nearly instantaneously

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours. (Characters at 5 hours or more fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
Again in normal human state, Charge! has the endurance of a normal human, when charged his endurance is unlimited since he is energy itself.

Agility: Normal Human, 5X, 10X, 15X, or 20X Human level. (Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
The same.

Intelligence: Average/Genius/Super-Genius (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Super-Genius the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
He's like as smart as high school kid would be who is only concerned with playing video games.

Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained/Mastered (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Mastered the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
normal human
Resources: Minimal/Average/Large/Extreme (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Extreme the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
normal human

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character):
Tai has no weaknesses save for the fact that the longer he exists in a charged! state, the MORE powerful he becomes, which could result in the annihilation of the universe.
Supporting Characters(Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):
His mom, a young single mother whos never around.

1. I like young characters.

2. He is pretty freakin powerful.

3. i get to make things explode by touching them. Thats hot.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

I can bring pie.
I like to post.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: ALOT

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:yes

That stupid freaking alarm would not shut off. It would keep ringing and ringing and ringing. Mom was already gone. But lets face it, even if she was here, she wouldnt exactly be dragging me out of bed to go to school.

I was supposed to be there at 730. I've snoozed till 11. Didn't it know to stop ringing at some point?

I reached around the nightstand again trying to shut off that blasted that alarm clock. (When I say nightstand I mean tv table). I find it and it shocks me as I do.

"Ow," I yelled. The worst static shock in my life. But theres a small explosion, or sonic boom, or somehting, and I look to see a black smoldering spot on the night stand, and a hole in the side of the trailer which lets me look out to Johinda's "gard"en one spot over.

"WTF" I ask bewilderly. "I need a smoke."

I fumble around for a moment trying to find my pack of cigs. I remember theyre in my jeans pocket, so i reach for them. Only one left. That'll do for now. I walk outside, wearing nothing but my boxers and ankle high socks. My hair, which normally hangs to my chin is disheveled. But it doesn't matter. Not really. I put the cigarette in my mouth and go to light it.

I forgot the stupid lighter. I go to take the cig from my mouth when i stop to look at my finger.

Its flickering. Flickering? FLICKERING?!?!?!?! Like one of those electric lamps its flickering back and forth. I shake my hand, trying to shake it off.

"Stop it. Stop!" I mumble, my voice starting to crack. Finally it does, and turns back to normal. I touch it, its solid. Its not burned or anything. "Seriosuly this is sooo messed up."

We are CAHRPG...we are one...

Also

I'm going to ask that when you fill out an app, when you get to the font color, don't say "Like this", or the like. It's much easier on us GMs if you just tell us what color, text type, etc you want.

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you have created: Kensei
Alias: Demon's Bane (alias); Hunter of the Gods (alias); The Celestial Samurai (alias); Izanagi's Chosen (alias); The Swordsman (alias); Miyamoto Musashi (true name)

Speech Color: Teal, Bold, Franklin Gothic Medium

Character Alignment: Hero

Identity: His true name is known only to a select few, and his existance is debatable as most believe he is merely a legend in the same vein as Beowulf or King Arthur.

Character Personality: Kensei is a honorable warrior who puts the lives of others ahead of his own. He is a stoic figure, rarely opening up to people, save his only friends (descibed later in supporting characters). Kensei tends to be blunt and to the point, which can rub people the wrong way at times. Due to his training he is a respectful man, but it is difficult to gain his trust. Once gained however, you will find Kensei to be a generous, good hearted soul with, surprisingly, a decent sense of humor though he rarely lets it show.

Origin Info/Details: He is the ancient japanese swordsman Miyamoto Musashi, and his life story is the same as that of his real world self. However, he did not die as he appeared...at least not as we perceive it.
His spirit traveled to Takama-ga-hara, The High Plain of Heaven, and was met by the god, Izanagi. The Sky-Father of the Japanese pantheon was here to honor the swordsman for his deeds on the mortal plane. Though he did not die in battle, Musashi was still an honored warrior and was spared a life of eternal rot in the Yomi (the Underworld). Izanagi was going to grant Miyamoto Musashi a great honor, one never before bestowed upon a mortal.

Izanagi granted him the title of Kensei, sword saint, for his prowess in battle, and offered for Musashi to become his agent on Earth. Musashi could not say no to a god such the Primordial Sky, and agreed to the offer. Izanagi smiled and placed his hand on Musashi's spirit form, imbuing him with the power to carry out his mission. Musashi would become Izanagi's hand on the mortal plane. He would be the Hunter of the Gods, seeking out the evils of the world and sending them back to Yomi.

Musashi's spirit was taken by Izanagi and rushed back to the material plane where it entered the young body of a recently slain samurai on a now quiet field of battle as an enemy was about to take it's head. Musashi sudden awakening upon returning to the mortal coil, caused the trophy-seeking samurai to waver and flee in terror of what he beleived was a demon. Musashi payed him no heed, instead the warrior took in his surroundings and found sword laying before him on a cloth of silk. The sword was of amazing quality and bore no signs of wear or battle damage. The weapon seemed to glow with a faint white aura as a single ray of bright sunlight beamed down upon it.

Musashi heard a voice in his head, the voice of the sun goddess, Amaterasu. She bade him to take the sword as a gift from her and the gods. The sword was the legendary Kusanagi (Grasscutter Sword), and would be a great asset to Musashi in his quest. Musashi graceously accepted the weapon and placed it in his belt. When he returned his gaze to where the sword was, he saw that the silk and sunlight were gone. The warrior did not dwell on this, in fact he did not have time to. The samurai who ran off had returned with a small band of his allies to "slay the demon".
Musashi did not wish to harm them, and quickly ran away at speeds no mortal man could hope to match.

Musashi's travels took him to Echizen Province where he was taken in by a single father and his two daughters. When asked his name, Musashi thought on it and replied "Kensei", the title given to him by Izanagi. Over dinner, Kensei learned that the village he had taken refuge in was being terrorized by giant lizard-like creatures. The monsters would come in the middle of the night when the moon was high and terrorize the villagers. As they rampaged throughout the village, they would destroy crops, tear down buildings, and visciously kill any who got in their way. They were cold, remorseless creatures who came down from the mountain caves.
Kensei listened to the man's tale and agreed to aid the peaceful village in it's plight. The man was grateful, but scoffed at Kensei's claim, wondering what good one warrior will be against the monsters.

Night soon came, and Musashi quickly found out the man's story had been true. A dozen lizard-men stormed into the town leaving death and destruction in their wake, but they soon found themselves face to face with Kensei. The battle was bloody, but quick. When the dust settled only Kensei still stood, peices of the lizard creatures strewn around him. He had slaughtered them all.

The man and his family along with the rest of the village slowly made their way to the site of the slaughter. Looking upon Musashi's handywork, the villagers were both jubilent and horrified. Despite what he had done for them, none would approach Kensei out of fear. For no man could do what he had done. Finally though, the man who had took him in moved to stand before Kensei and thanked him, calling him a gift from the gods.
Kensei cut him off though. It wasn't over. It wouldn't be over until he hunted down the rest of the beasts and sent their dark spirits to Yomi.

Kensei tracked the creature's path through the forest. Somehow he could sense where these things dwelled. It was as though he could feel the evil aura these creatures emited. Soon Kensei came to a small cave, the presense of evil simply pouring from it assaulting his senses. Kensei entered, and a great battle ensued. One by one, the Hunter of the Gods stalked his prey and slew them. Soon he confronted the leader of the creatures, a great serpent demon. The demon attacked Kensei, mortally wounding him. But, to the serpent's amazement, Kensei's wounds soon healed and the samurai soon attacked once more.
The battle was brutal, but Kensei finally claimed victory when he lopped off the demon's head in one, clean stroke.

Kensei returned to the village and informed them that they did not have to fear the night any longer. That night they presented him a small feast in his honor, but Kensei quietly departed when no eyes were upon him.

Kensei traveled the land of Japan, slaying all manor of Oni and monsters, and saved hundreds of lives. Musashi slaughtered the Nue that tried to take the health from the Emperor, he defeated the Ama-no-jaku after it had killed and imperonated the melon-princess, and slew the Bake-kujira which haunted the coast of the Shimane Prefecture. There was no evil too great or too minor that escaped his divine wrath. As Japan grew older and became more modern though, the hero Kensei quickly fell into obscurity and his adventures into legend. He now makes his home in Yokohama where his gathered wealth has bought for him a large property on the city's outskirts. He lives on this property in a modernized version of a large pagoda in seclusion save for visits from his only friends and allies, Hideyoshi Kenshin and Ami Kenshin, whom watches over the property when Kensei is away.

But, despite this his quest did not end.

Musashi continues his work for the god Izanagi, slaying the creatures and followers of darkness wherever he may find them. He has survived through the centuries, a ghost in the modern machine. He does not exist, and it is debatable whether he ever did. His mission is neverending, but his methods have taken a more secretive approach due to the technology of this new age. It does not bother him though. Kensei does not seek glory or fame. All this legendary samurai wishes is to perform his task for his master and to save the innocent lives at peril.

And as long as there is evil in the world, Kensei will live on to eradicate it from existance.

Power Level: World Level

Powers (Be Specific): Granted powers by the Sky-Father of the Japanese pantheon, Izanagi, to become his chosen champion of the Earth: super-human physical abilities; ability to sense evil around him (30ft radius) as well as follow the trails of evil beings (provided the trail is still fresh as after an hour it will grow cold and dissapate); a healing factor (think wolverine); wields the Kusanagi (bronze-age style sword, double-edged straight blade blessed with divine power: can cut through anything, even magical enchantments (think Marvel's Ebony Blade); bonded to Kensei's spirit allowing the samurai the ability to summon the sword to his hand as long as they are both on the same plane of existance; enables Kensei to command the winds when in his possession from a simple breeze to a hurricane-force gale)

Attributes
Strength Level: Class 20

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30 Mph (but bursts of up to 50 Mph are possible over short distances, but Kensei is unable to keep this speed for long)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 2 hours (Kensei was given super-human stamina by Izanagi to perform his task of killing otherworldly creatures)

Agility: 5X peak human

Intelligence: Average (sciences & technology); genius (supernatural myths and legends, demonology, battle tactics, leadership, and the arts of war)

Fighting Skill: Mastered (Kensei is arguably the greatest swordsman that has ever lived, and is a master in many forms of armed and unarmed combat)

Resources: Large (over the centuries Kensei has aquired enough wealth and connections to allow him to further his mission without worry along with a handful of minor mystical artifacts he has liberated throughout the centuries*)

Weaknesses: None really, but, despite being blessed with divine might, Kensei is still a human at his core. He must eat, sleep, breath the air...everything a normal man must do. Thus he is succeptable to attacks that effect his breath (suffocating, gases, etc), as well as being able to be knocked unconscious as a human would (it'd just take a lot more force to do it). He can be killed, though it is uncertain what will happen to him if his death truly does occurs...

Supporting Characters: Kensei grew tired of seeing those die around him a long time ago, so he has tried to distance himself from people to spare the pain of loss. Despite this act, Kensei has had an ally in his battle againt the forces of evil in the form of a family of monks devoted to the gods of old. Through the centuries, Kensei has allied himself with the children of each generation once they come of age.

Currently, his main allies are a man in his late 20's called Hideyoshi Kenshin, and his sister, Ami Kenshin. Hideyoshi is a fully trained martial artist being taught the ways of his family's duties and history by their father, Ryo. Hideyoshi is a care-free individual in appearance, possessing a strong sense of optimism and humor. Hideyoshi is always trying to look on the bright side of things to brighten his friend's day and get him to loosen up. When the time calls for it though, Hideyoshi can become one of the most serious people you will ever meet. Like Kensei, Hideyoshi puts the lives of others above himself and will do anything to keep his sister from harm.

Ami Kenshin, while still taught the family discipline, took a different path. Instead of focusing on hand-to-hand combat, at a young age it became apparent that Ami was adept in the ways of magic. So she was given proper guidence and training in The Art, and soon became a skilled sorceress. Though not as powerful as some of the other mystics of the planet, Ami Kenshin was able to conjure many wards and enchantments to keep Kensei's place and the artifacts housed inside protected. Ami is a beautiful young women in her mid-20's with rare jade-colored eyes. When she first met Kensei she immediately felt an attraction to the noble warrior. At first Ami dismissed it as the fantasies of a young girl, but those feelings soon grew into something more. However, Ami is reluctant to tell Kensei how she feels for him, though Kensei knows. He has the same feeling towards her, but is afraid to get close to someone in a relationship.
Ami is a caring person, and, like Kensei and Hideyoshi, puts the well-being of others over herself. She is a shy person, but tries to keep that from getting in the way of her duties.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character: I'm a fan of history and the myths of many cultures, among them Japan, and the challenge of integrating these myths into a comic book-style world interested me a great deal. He's based partly off the real life warrior of feudel Japan, Miyamoto Musashi, and an old D&D character of mine. Thought it'd be fun to try and tell some more modern-ized and adapted versions of said D&D hero's adventures. Not to mention it'll be fun showing how this ancient, stoic warrior has come to gribs with the end of the samurai way, and the modern world around him.
I was originally planning on bringing in an old D&D villain, but I decided I'd go with a hero instead. I play too many villains as is and need a balance. :o

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: Experience in RPing, both in tabletop RPGs and on the Hype. A honorable hero, who will stop at nothing to defend the helpless and destroy the forces of darkness, no matter what form they take.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as need be, life permitting.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

Kensei-1.jpg

The figure waited on the rooftop of the Imperial Palace, quiet as death. He sat shrouded in a cloak as black as the night itself, concealing him from all eyes. The man did not move a muscle, not even the slightest of twitches. He simply sat in the shadow of a large bronze dragon that adorned the palace rooftop across from the Emperor's private chambers, a long bow resting at his side.

For the past several weeks, Emperor Konoe had been having troubled dreams and had grown ill. No medicine seemed to work and the Emperor got weaker by the day. His aids grew frightened and desperate, so they called in the services of an Itako from the surrounding fiefdom. The blind mystic performed his rituals and made a devestating discovery. The Emperor's condition was due to a supernatural blight infecting his mind. It would not be long until he died. The Emperor's attendants did not know how to proceed, but the Itako suggested summoning the services of the Demon's Bane...
So the call went out and Kensei, Izanagi's Chosen, came to the Imperial Palace and took up the task of freeing the Emperor from this curse...

Kensei examined the Emperor as the lord lay unmoving in his bed, pale as a ghost. The Celestial Samurai quickly had an idea of what troubled the monarch, and so he climbed up to the top of the palace with his long bow and waited. Soon enough the his hunch became reality as a large cloud of utter blackness descended upon the palace and came to rest on the roof above the Emperor's chamber. Kensei slowly raised his mighty bow and fitted it with a White Arrow, a blessed item created from the carved fangs of a dragon. The warrior drew back the bow string, took aim at the center of the cloud...and fired.

As the arrow hit the cloud as though it were a tangible thing, a great, beastial roar rang out into the silent night. Guards came running towards the source of the scream on the ground below, and men and women alike rushed to their bed chamber balconies to see what was amiss. All bore witness to the darkness as it rolled off of the roof and crashed into the earth below. It had taken solid shape as it fell, it's true form now revealed.

One of the guards cautiously moved towards it and proded it with the tip of his spear.

<"It...it's a Nue! A big one too">, yelled the guard loudly for all to hear as the Emperor's attendants rushed into the courtyard to inspect the foul beast.

Kensei leaped off of the roof and landed in front of the men on the other side of the Nue's corpse. The guards and the attendants jumped back in surprise at the sudden appearance of the Swordsman.

<"The Emperor will be fine">, Kensei stated in a calm voice as he retrieved his arrow from the monster's corpse, <"The Nue's influence over Konoe's spirit is no more.">

Kensei made his way to stand in front of one of the guard. In his long years of life, Kensei became a fine judge of character, and this man possessed the will and ability to carry out the task he was about to appoint. Kensei was certain of it.

<"You">, Kensei asked as he stared at the guard, <"what is your name?">

The guard shifted himself to stand up straight and raised his chin in pride, <"My name is Yorimasu Minamoto, Captain of the Palace Guard and servant to the Emperor.">

Kensei bowed his head in respect, <"Yorimasu, there is a task you must carry out, and it must be done this instant. If you do not succeed in this, the entire palace and all who dwell within will be cursed. Do you understand?">

Minamoto kept a stern visage and nodded his head.

<"Good">, replied Kensei, <"You must take this Nue's corpse and wrap it in linens. It is important that none of the beast be exposed, or else. You must then take this creature's covered body and wrap it in heavy chains, again making sure none of it is exposed. Once you have accomplished this task, you must take the beast to the Sea of Japan and sink it beneath the waves. Only then will you and the Imperial City be spared. Do you understand?">

Minamoto nodded, <"I do. I will wrap the creature in linens, and then chains. All the while making sure none of the Nue's body is exposed. I will then take the beast to the Sea of Japan and sink it's corpse beneath the waves.">

<"Excellent">, replied Kensei, <"I suggest you begin immediately.">

Minamoto bowed respectfully to Kensei and moved off, calling to his guards to aid him by fetching linens and chains.
Kensei made his way towards the aids.
<"Thank you, Kensei">, said one as he bowed to the Swordsman, <"Izanagi chose his champion well. We shall pray to him, giving thanks for all that you have done this day. Here...take this as reward...">

The attendant reached into his robes and pulled out a small pouch. Kensei inspected it and took it from the man. Emptying the contents out in his hand, Kensei found that it contained a dozen precious gems.

<"It is the least we can do for the great service you have done">, stated the aid, <"think of it as a donation...to help you continue the battle against the growing darkness.">

Kensei placed the gems back into the bag, and put the bag into a container in his armor. Kensei bowed to the aids, thanked them, and then walked off into the blackness of the night...

<> = translated from Japanese

Aritfacts Kensei has Collected*
Throughout his many centuries of life, Kensei has collected a few handfuls of magical items, some minor and some powerful. Most he does not use, but simply keeps them under lock and key to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. He keeps his artifacts in a secret room connected to his study.

Staff of Birog: Long wooden staff, shod in iron and adorned with ancient Celtic runes with a top piece in the form of the cresent moon.

Powers: grants the weilder magical powers: detection of magical beings and items; dispell magical wards and enchantments (provided they were not cast by a god-like entity); teleportation; dimensional travel; protective personal shield; loose powerful blasts of magical energy from it's tip

Was taken from the druid, Birog, by Kensei after the Celestial Samurai killed him when he turned to darkness in revenging his people who were slaughtered by a group of Christian knights centuries ago.

Sphere of Annihilation: Infinitely black orb the size of a basketball that hovers in the air with whisps of darkness gently caressing it's surface

Powers: Instantly annihilates any mortal who touches it, spirit and the flesh. It was created by a long forgotten elder god before recorded history and it's true power forgotten to the ages.

It was taken by Kensei from the Lich-King as the undead mage attempted to unlock it's power to bring about the end of days. Kensei and other brave warriors attacked the Lich-King, but only he survived the battle. Kensei keeps this item safely locked away with wards both magical and technological and hidden from the rest of his artifact collection.

Talisman of the Sphere: Bronze, circular talisman formed by the intertwining of two elongated serpents, each one devouring the other from the tail.

Powers: Allows the bearer to wield the Sphere of Annihilation without fear of destruction

Where this talisman came into being or who created it, no one knows. But Kensei tore it from the neck of the Lich-King after the epic battle and used it to secure the Sphere of Annihilation.

The Moaning Diamond: Large, uncut diamond the size of a fist that continuously moans as if in pain

Powers: Grants weilder control over the earth around them giving them the ability to shape it to their will; allows weilder to dominate beings from the Elemental Plane of Earth and summon these beings to his call

Kensei discovered this annoying artifact in the collection of the french necromancer, Diable, in the early 1800's. Kensei killed the necromancer in his Paris mansion before Diable could transform the city into his own dark image. The artifact's constant moaning is an annoyance to Kensei, and so the Swordsman has contained the gem in a soundproof box in his artifact room.

The Shadowstaff: Five-foot high staff formed from the whispy strands of shadows and weaved into a strong, sturdy staff.

Powers: Grants the weilder a number of powers: the weilder may become corporeal and incorporeal at will; allows the weilder to teleport via the shadows to any shadow in the world via the Shadow Plane; weilder can summon shadow creatures to do their bidding; allows weilder to fire bolts of pure freezing darkness at foes; allows weilder power of flight by making them as light as a shadow; weilder becomes succeptable to bright light and sunlight causes extreme pain; staff contains a dark sentience from unknown origins that can dominate weilders with weak wills

Taken by Kensei from the collection of the necromancer, Diable, in the early 1800's. The artifact is kept in a casing projecting constant sunlight at it to keep it's evil consciousness dormant.

The White Arrows of Bishamonten: A dozen arrows of normal style carved from the fangs of a great dragon at the dawn of creation. The arrows are pure white in color with serrated tips.

Powers: The White Arrows are blessed weapons of the gods and are able to penetrate even the thickest hide or armor as well as most magical shields. The arrows true gift though lies in their ability to connect with intangible objects as though they were solid.

Kensei was given these arrows by the Bishamonten, God of War, as a gift from saving his temple against a band of marauding Oni. Although Kensei usually used a traditional Japanese longbow to deliver these powerful arrow, he has since reluctantly moved to the use of a compound bow after chiding from Hideyoshi.

I like your character, Kaboom, but IMO he'd be cosmic level what with the increasing of his already potent powers of transmutation, not to mention the whole potential universal destruction aspect.

How many characters are we allowed to have?

I like your character, Kaboom, but IMO he'd be cosmic level what with the increasing of his already potent powers of transmutation, not to mention the whole potential universal destruction aspect.
i plan on keeping him low powered for the first season, just super speed and electric bursts.

but are cosmic level heros a no-no in this?

How many characters are we allowed to have?
As of now, only one per person.

i plan on keeping him low powered for the first season, just super speed and electric bursts.

but are cosmic level heros a no-no in this?
No, cosmic characters are cool. It's just that you had him listed as a world-type when he seems potentially more powerful is why I commented.

Also, if you could add some more to the sample post, that would be cool. :up:

k but itll have to be tomorrow at work , my computer at home is tempermental to say the least

k but itll have to be tomorrow at work , my computer at home is tempermental to say the least

That's no problem. Since I don't think the actual RPG will start soon, especially considering we've got no villain yet, there's no rush. :up:

Johnny Blaze, being co-mod, and seeing as how I think it'd be cheap of me to approve my own character, would you like to do the honors? (If I meet your standards of course...)

so aside from existing, what is going to be the point of this rpg? is there like a plan yet? or is it just going to be free flowing?

Johnny Blaze approved!

Kaboom approved after, as Johnny Blaze said, a lengthier sample post is given. I have no doubt it'll be great, so that's why the approval is coming now, instead of waiting for the post.

The RPG game thread will be up once we have a few more people, and some villians hopefully, lest we need to NPC them.

Screen Name: byrd_man

Character you have created: Matt Byrd

Alias: The Blue Blur

Speech Color: Comic Sans MS, Blue, Bolded

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain Hero

Identity: Secret/Known Known

Character Personality: Confindent, like most Jocks, but also got a taste of the real world so he's grounded. He knows what it's like to have the world on the tip of your fingers and blow away in the blink of an eye. He can be a kidder at times, but when the world starts to go to peices around him, he can be the glue that holds his family together. He's very diffrent than most 19 year olds in the fact that he understands the value of a dollar, coming from a family with a single mother, and doesn't cut corners very often.

Origin Info/Details: Matt Byrd was the star wideout at Central City High in Chicago, signing a scholarship to play for Florida his whole like was set, until the last game of his high school carrer. A slant play and one bum knee later, Matt now works at a local machine shop trying to forget about his glory days. Short on cash, Matt volunteers for an experiment conducted by Frytech on regeneration. After a shot of the experimental hormone, Matt's knee not only reparied itself, but his whole body grew muscle mass and adapted to fit and add on his natural speed, enhancing his reflexes and reaction time to superhuman levels. Phillip J. Fry, owner of Frytech, sees this as an oppurtunity and markets Matt as The Blue Blur, The Midwest's Fastest Crimefighter!.

Power Level:

Powers (Be Specific): Superhuman speed, topping out around 2,000 miles per hour, superhuman agility and stamina.

Attributes:

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Over 100 MPH

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 5 hours

Agility: 20X Human level.

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Large

Weaknesses: Convential weapons.

Supporting Characters: Anita Byrd (Mother) a Chicago Police officer. Mark Greenberg (Friend) Matt's best friend. Jennifer Jones (Girlfriend) Matt's steady girlfriend of 4 years. Phillip J. Fry (Friend) Owner of Frytech and contributor to The Blue Blur's campaign on crime.

1. I've always been a fan of The Flash, this is my chance to make a new. character with similar powers.

2. Well, it's very rare one gets a chance to play a character they created.

3. See 1 and 2, that's really all I got.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: A kinda veteran of the RPG scene (been on the hype for almost a year). As well as a new hero with boatloads of potential.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As much as I can.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yup, just don't have any.

"12 Slant X-5 to the post on three, ready? Break!"

Mitch calls out the play as I strut to the right side of the field, we're up 31 to 14 and it's about halfway through the 4th quarter, the state finals and on the 30 going in. I know I'm getting the ball, so when Mitch yells hut for the third time, I'm gone down the field in my slant pattern.

No. Stop.

Mitch throws the ball too high as I leap to get it.

Don't it's too high.

A defensive back wraps his arms around my airborn legs as gravity takes it's effect and I fall.

No. Not the knee.

The defensive back lays out on the field as I come down on top of him, the ball securely in my hands, my right knee comes down hard on his helmet as a loud pop echoes through the field.

"Aaaaah!."

Too bad, kid....you had a shot.

BOOP! BOOP! BOOP!

My eyes snap open as I sit up in bed, the alarm clock's ringing so it must be 7:30, I get up and start to get ready for work when my cellphone goes off.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Byrd? This is Doctor Brown over here at Frytech, We've looked over your case and you're perfect for our new experiment. Be at the lab on Monday at 2 p.m."

I look in the mirror and see a guy who had it all, but had it all ended by fate.

"This could be a new chapter in your life, Mr. Byrd. Everything's going to change."

so aside from existing, what is going to be the point of this rpg? is there like a plan yet? or is it just going to be free flowing?

ElectroFlare typing, just too lazy to change screen names.

What is the point? The same point of every rpg, to have fun and write an interesting story. I imagine in the begining season at least most will be working out the origins, so it would be difficult to plan an all encompassing arc, though I had an idea that the STRIKE orginization would attempt to bring all the newly sprung up heroes/villians and recruit them or attempt to eliminate them.

Good idea for an opening season arc, or you guys have your own yet? It is hard to plan when we don't know the characters themselves yet.

byrd man semi-approved, however, if you could, could you expand that personality section a bit? It'd be nice to see a bit more depth in it.

As with Kaboom, seeing as how both of you are good writers, I don't seeing it being a hinderance at all.

ElectroFlare typing, just too lazy to change screen names.

What is the point? The same point of every rpg, to have fun and write an interesting story. I imagine in the begining season at least most will be working out the origins, so it would be difficult to plan an all encompassing arc, though I had an idea that the STRIKE orginization would attempt to bring all the newly sprung up heroes/villians and recruit them or attempt to eliminate them.

Good idea for an opening season arc, or you guys have your own yet? It is hard to plan when we don't know the characters themselves yet.

That sounds like a good major arc to me. :up:
Other than that I plan on touching on my characters past in flashback posts, as well as some solo arcs that take place in the here and now. The latter could always become a joint effort if anyone is interested in fighting creatures of darkness. :D

As far as AE Arcs are concerned, I plan on tying in some of the things I've mentioned in my app and such for a later big event, but that probably won't be until next season.

There, I expanded on my character's personality a little bit, hope that's better.

Then, akin to the Galactus arc in the One Universe, the unnamed councilmen of STRIKE should be at the very least NPC'd or even PC'd. This won't be important right away, but perhaps one of the mods, or if someone is willing to create a character to be part of the STRIKE council and lead it to that arc?

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back