Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't know. I'd imagine we're in for an announcement/trailer any day now.

Still don't know. I'd imagine we're in for an announcement/trailer any day now.

I hope so. It'd have to happen within the next couple of weeks, as after that the news cycle starts shutting down for Christmas/New Year.

b658f5f86efa249dcfc782049ed315433b1fd26f7d06b09cbe30beb5bec26ef9.jpg

The Doctor Strange casting thread was dead so I stopped visiting it :doh:

He has had long running roles in two TV shows, both the roles well received

He had a major role in The Lego Movie and supporting roles in movies like Money Ball, Wanted, Delivery Man , 5 Years engagement so yeah, he was much more accomplished

But more importantly, he had been shown to have good comedic timing in Parks and Recreation and had showed that he can bulk up in his short role in Zero Dark Thirty, that's the major two requirement for Star Lord and he fulfilled both

Yeah... no. I really don't see how that made Pratt much more accomplished than Cox who had been the lead in more than one movie, and had several supporting roles, one that was on the acclaimed Boardwalk Empire. Still love Pratt, though. :word:

Agreed, He must have given an audition and done well to be casted

He was actually essentially cast well before he auditioned. Before they even got the rights to the character back. They wanted him based solely on the strength of the rest of his work.

The fact Charlie was the only name we heard should be very encouraging to any doubters. They knew exactly who they wanted which is awesome

The fact Charlie was the only name we heard should be very encouraging to any doubters. They knew exactly who they wanted which is awesome

Didn't the mention during Comic Con that they had wanted Charlie for DD for many years?

Didn't the mention during Comic Con that they had wanted Charlie for DD for many years?

Jeph Loeb gave an anecdote about Joe Quesada calling him many years ago, back when the Daredevil rights were still with Fox, and telling him, "Charlie Cox is our Matt Murdock. I don't know what form our Daredevil will take whenever we get the rights back but whatever happns, Cox should play him."

Yeah that's right. Pretty funny.

Hmm, I guess it makes sense, stealth-wise to have it more black, but I don't wanna see it like the Shadowland version. I hope it's more red than black.

Hmm, I guess it makes sense, stealth-wise to have it more black, but I don't wanna see it like the Shadowland version. I hope it's more red than black.

IIRC< I believe the original intent in the comics was that the suit was black, but it had a red sheen on the highlights.

IIRC< I believe the original intent in the comics was that the suit was black, but it had a red sheen on the highlights.

Really? The yellow one or the all-red? Cuz I remember watching a documentary where Stan Lee talked about when they switched to the red suit, and apparently the artist at the time said he did not like the suit so Stan Lee just told him "Okay, make it red then". And that was apparently all the thought process that went into that :oldrazz:

Last edited:

I wish it was possible to accomplish a similar mix of color and shadow in live action.

Maybe they're going for something similar. That might actually look better than an all red suit.

What's wrong with it being all red? They shouldn't mess with a classic. It better not have only a red DD logo or only red gloves and boots.

Well, I mean, most of the time in the comics it doesn't really look like an all red suit. Yeah, I know, the suit is a little bit black because of shadows, but, I think it could be cool if the netflix suit looked like that too. Just a thought.

You can see why they'd want at least some black to break up all the red. Marvel_Spider drew up a concept that looked cool

Comics are a medium where things can change color with the purpose of why it's being used (if it's a fun scene in daylight, it's bright red, if it's DD being scary, it's basically black). In television and movies, though, you do have to pick a color and stick with it.

That being said, my preference would be for a very dark red that can look essentially black in shadow. I don't want a Shadowland costume of black. If it is going to be red and black, it had better be the exact opposite of that (i.e., red suit, black letters).

If the black is just small detail like Cap's Age of Ultron suit (bunch of lines running all over) then fine. No Shadowland.

I don't mind some black detailing, but I hope it's not like the Shadowland suit as speculated in that link. I'd rather have red with a black trim than black with a red trim.

Agreed. But I don't think they will go from one black suit(his first one in the show) to another black suit.

I hope that the show gets coverage on E!, Entertainment Tonight, Extra, Access Hollywood, etc. There's no excuse for this not to get promoted as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"