Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling a darkish/blackish costume is being chosen to avoid comparison with the Daredevil movie. I actually would like a darker costume, red doesn't work that well as a stealth costume

Also the costume being finalized so late definitely means it will only appear in the final episode or so

It doesn't need to be black to avoid comparisons. It just has to be of a different material and it would be distinguished from that.

I had thought about the possibility that the costume only being finalised now, when the final episode is filming, might suggest we don't see it until the end of the season. But I hope that it was finalised sooner and we're only hearing about it now. That is, if this report is even legit.

I wish it was possible to accomplish a similar mix of color and shadow in live action.

That's the color scheme I was talking about. You can see a difference between the (obviously) red gloves and the (apparently) black/red body suit.

If the show could achieve something that looks like that, it would be awesome. I'm not sure how one would do that, though. :shr:

There's no way to achieve that in three dimensions. Even that suit isn't supposed to be black, just red with dark shadows. Short of shining red lights on him everywhere he goes (or a red backlight), I don't see how it's possible to recreate that look.

Sounds like we could be seeing something close to DD's armored costume from the Fall From Grace storyline.

Or possibly the Secret War Del Otto design.

I guess I'd be okay with either depending on the execution, as long as the series is good. I really wish we could get a really great adaptation of the classic red outfit though.

Those look terrible. I prefer the classic red.

Those look terrible. I prefer the classic red.

Don't get me wrong, my wish is for something as close to the classic DD outfit as possible. Just speculating based on the red/black rumor. Ideally, I'd like it to look like Maleev's work come to life, but that's me.

Last edited:
I always hated the armor :p

The other one is sweet, could stand to lose some of the red piping though.

Also the costume being finalized so late definitely means it will only appear in the final episode or so

That is not necessarily the case. When shooting a show like this, it is likely they shot the exteriors and "Matt Murdock" scenes first, and will do the more contained (ie: fight scenes and rooftop greenscreen) in their studio following the exteriors. They would shoot as quickly as possible, so it's likely that they wouldn't shoot the footage in chronological order.

Or possibly the Secret War Del Otto design.

That's cool.

Where did you get this info?

Yeah, that not a detail that gets left until the last minute. That's something that is decided before filming starts.

That is not necessarily the case. When shooting a show like this, it is likely they shot the exteriors and "Matt Murdock" scenes first, and will do the more contained (ie: fight scenes and rooftop greenscreen) in their studio following the exteriors. They would shoot as quickly as possible, so it's likely that they wouldn't shoot the footage in chronological order.

I'm pretty sure they'll film as much in chronological order as possible since they have different directors for each episode right?

I'd imagine the suit has been finalised for a while now, they wouldn't have just decided what they're doing with it

Each time this thread is bumped I keep thinking a trailer has arrived, surely it will be a Christmas present from Marvel?! :woot:

Each time this thread is bumped I keep thinking a trailer has arrived, surely it will be a Christmas present from Marvel?! :woot:

Same. Every time I fall for it too.

That would be pretty awesome.

Would be a great surprise for tonight's SHIELD, too... Please Marvel?

We can only hope. I really want to see more about the show soon.

Speaking of trailers. Does anyone else wonder if any of MCU films could have a stinger teasing content for any of the television shows?

Speaking of trailers. Does anyone else wonder if any of MCU films could have a stinger teasing content for any of the television shows?
I'd say it's always a possibility (as in "never say never" type thing), but personally I don't think it's too likely. I think they'll keep the stingers touching on something regardin the film you just watched (shawarma, Tony's therapy session, Thor returning to Earth, etc...) and/or a future film in the MCU (Thor's hammer at the end of IM2, Thanos at the end of Avengers, Strucker and the twins, Taking the Aether to the collector)

If they're going to push the tv shows at the theater with the films, they'll probably do it with some type of trailer or preview before the film starts (for example here in the states we have a "First Look" pre-feature program fed to at least some theater chains, not sure if other countries have something similar)

I wonder if we should be making anything of the "leather suit" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"