Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may occasionally look Punisher-esque (if you discount his size and general youthful appearance, that is), but literally nothing else about Milo Ventimiglia fits the character, imo.

Milo Ventimiglia is actually really ripped but he just comes across as too soft for the Punisher, same goes for Jon Hamm. The Punisher is tough and intimating which neither of those two really are.

Frank Grillo

He is a missed opportunity, especially since anyone else within reason could really have been cast as Crossbones.

Why are there not many good Italian-American actors around these days? There were more of them in the past.

Tom Hardy, Karl Urban. Some unknown? We could lidt a thousand actors and they might not go with any of them.

Sorry guys, Milo is in no way shape or form Frank Castle. Frank needs an actor that can pull off the tough, grisled, stoic look and vibe. I agree, Frank Grillo would've been a good match but ah well...

Im sorry if im late to the party but Punisher is suppose to show up in this or just rumored?

Thomas Jane is my first choice Punisher. Karl Urban would be a close second place.

I used to think Dominic Purcell could also pull off Frank but haven't seen him act lately.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shia LaBeouf for Frank Castle!

Only one of the casting choices in this thread for Frank Castle actually makes sense and thats...
2qiwm77.jpg

In my opinion, I think Punisher should be played by a middle-aged man, most ideally in his mid-forties. Perhaps by an actor who is not very well-known, but is very well-received in whatever he has done.
I'm not usually a fan-casting sort of person, I prefer to leave it to the professionals.

I wouldn't really have a problem with Milo as Frank,but he'd have to bulk up big time.At least since the last time I've seen him.

eh
Frank doesn't really need to be super muscular.
It's not absolutely necessary for the character....

It also won't matter a whole lot if they put him in heavy body armor/tactical gear.
Which I'm sure they will.

you know who should play Frank? That dude who played the king in Games of Thrones. The big dude. If he loses some pounds, he will be great as frank.

Milo acknowledged the DD trailer, DeKnight said Gotham are lucky to have him... Eh I dunno.

you know who should play Frank? That dude who played the king in Games of Thrones. The big dude. If he loses some pounds, he will be great as frank.

Joffrey isnt that big

I used to think Dominic Purcell could also pull off Frank but haven't seen him act lately.
He's currently playing a comic book villain.
And was awful in that role to an almost embarrassing level. Though, I think the writing/directing ought to get a portion of the blame. I mean, his acting was nothing special the last time I saw him... on Prison Break, IIRC, but wasn't comically bad. Gods, Flash can be a lot of fun, but has some of the dumbest writing I've come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"