Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

It would be nice if the show would tie-in to the other Marvelverse movies and shows. With the exception of seeing "Battle for NY" (from the Avengers) on a newspaper hanging on the wall. You don't really hear much.

Surprised the Avengers and/or SHIELD haven't come to investigate Daredevil. Even if they think he is just a vigilante in a suit.

Not really interested in having SHIELD showing up on any of the Netflix shows. Same goes for the Avengers, though I'd prefer them over anyone from AoS as I kind of like that the whole group of Netflix shows are mostly in their own tiny bubble and don't quite deal with the other things outside of a few name drops and newspaper clippings.

Not really interested in having SHIELD showing up on any of the Netflix shows. Same goes for the Avengers, though I'd prefer them over anyone from AoS as I kind of like that the whole group of Netflix shows are mostly in their own tiny bubble and don't quite deal with the other things outside of a few name drops and newspaper clippings.

I'd be fine with hawk eye guest staring in any of these shows to help deal with any international, yet still human threat. Like if DD leaves Hell's Kitchen for an episode to investigate the hand, and Hawkeye is doing a solo investigation for the same incident. Probably won't happen, but he fits the Netflix mold the best so far.

Yeah, I def don't want SHIELD in the Netflix side. In terms of movies, I'd have small connections. Like with Spidey back, have the Daily Bugle buy out the New York Bulletin and make them the main news source.

Only thing I didn't like was when Ben comes back from the office and pulls out the Avengers article, it seemed kinda forced, I reckon they should've just kept it in the background.

Not even asking about a Shield crossover. How about a mention...something? That being said. I would prefer any crossover be on the movie side. Spider-Man or the next Avengers film.

I'm fine with any crossover as long as it makes sense. AoS and Avengers have really no reason to investigate DD or JJ. Since most of their craziness flies under the radar of police and media, it really wouldn't warrant their attention. I think it would be cool to have scenes like Coulson and May going under cover as potential clients for JJ just check out rumors of her. Or [BLACKOUT]have a label "Purple Man" in the SHIELD morgue, inferring they did clean up after JJ season 1. [/BLACKOUT]

It's for the best that the netflix series stay in their dark corner and have freedom in their storytelling, but if there is a crossover AoS I think it should occur on AoS' show, since they get more episodes ordered per season than the netflix series. Plus I'm sure more people who watch AoS are familiar with the netflix heroes than vice-versa. I could picture a lot of netflix's audience thinking "who are these people?"

You won't have that potential confusion if a character from a major movie shows up. I had an idea for a seen where Black Widow finds DD when he's out patrolling and offer him a place with the Avengers and him declining. The problem here is that Scarlett Johansson is probably way too busy to film a cameo and abc studios probably can't afford her salary. Movie actors are always working all over the world and it can be a logistical nightmare to make all those arrangement when it's much easier and more reliable to hire and use actors who can be available when they need them.

Can SHIELD and Coulson really afford to ignore the activities in the Netflix shows?

I mean someone mind-controlling humans and forcing them to do terrible things is pretty horrible. The character was in the news.

Coulson has his hands full as it is, and it is unclear how big shield is post-reestablishment

Compared to crap like Hydra remnants and evil Inhumans? Honestly, yes, they totally can ignore them. Maybe if Killgrave were going around mind controlling an army, but otherwise, the stuff that is going on in NYC is fairly low grade stuff. The exception is whatever plot the Hand are ultimately up to, but even the local heroes have no idea what that ultimately is, I doubt any outside agency would either.

Yeah but Kilgrave is basically more powerful than any Inhuman they've faced in the show other than Hive.

I wonder which villains Daredevil could use besides Kingpin and Bullseye? Well there is Mr. Fear or Purple Man or Typhoid Mary

However, if Elektra is involved then Bullseye is a must and why? Considering Bullseye he impales Elektra on her own sai killing her and then we get to see the feeling of loss that Matt suffers

Yeah but Kilgrave is basically more powerful than any Inhuman they've faced in the show other than Hive.
The thing you have remember that is, just because we the audience know that, doesn't mean the characters do. To governments, local officials, even the public Kilgrave was just an urban myth no one really believed. JJ's entire first season was based around trying to get enough proof for court of law that this guy even exist and [BLACKOUT]they never did at least not enough for the law[/BLACKOUT]. It's quite possible to say that Coulson sent agents to investigate the rumors and they turned up nothing.

I wonder which villains Daredevil could use besides Kingpin and Bullseye? Well there is Mr. Fear or Purple Man or Typhoid Mary

However, if Elektra is involved then Bullseye is a must and why? Considering Bullseye he impales Elektra on her own sai killing her and then we get to see the feeling of loss that Matt suffers
Whether or not Elektra is in season 3, I'd be very surprised if Bullseye wasn't

Finally saw episode 4. Fantastic dialoge and action. They manage to tell a lot whitout it looking like exposition.

Bullseye is almost a must for season 3

The thing you have remember that is, just because we the audience know that, doesn't mean the characters do. To governments, local officials, even the public Kilgrave was just an urban myth no one really believed. JJ's entire first season was based around trying to get enough proof for court of law that this guy even exist and [BLACKOUT]they never did at least not enough for the law[/BLACKOUT]. It's quite possible to say that Coulson sent agents to investigate the rumors and they turned up nothing.

SHIELD's not regular government and they have access to information and secrets that federal agencies do not.

I don't know about having SHIELD involved, and this isn't a make or break thing in the least, but they could have perhaps had someone make the rationalization of why they aren't involved in some fashion. For myself, I thought that a compelling reason for Jessica not to get the Avengers or SHIELD involved was the frightening possibility of Killgrave getting access to them at all.

More powerful than any one inhuman, sure. Thing is, they aren't worried about *one* inhuman, they are worried about the fact of vast numbers popping up all over the place.

Also, Killgrave may be powerful, but he's also petty and unambitious. He is a horrible thing that happens to handfuls of people around him, but otherwise is not a threat to the world at large. Which means he's, objectively, a lesser priority than people trying to conquer or destroy the world, and more importantly, he's *secretive*, and unnoticed.

I don't know about having SHIELD involved, and this isn't a make or break thing in the least, but they could have perhaps had someone make the rationalization of why they aren't involved in some fashion. For myself, I thought that a compelling reason for Jessica not to get the Avengers or SHIELD involved was the frightening possibility of Killgrave getting access to them at all.

Yeah, but hey aren't going to do a random cutaway or scene where it's SHIELD saying "oh that's nothing, they can handle it". It'd be weird.

The main reason why I don't want ABC Marvel shows to connect with the Netflix ones is because they have two really different tones that don't really work together.

I have always wondered when we would get Kingpin in his signature white suit? If anything Kingpin I have always wondered too just where is his cane is or why he doesn't use it? Either way I really can't wait to see more fights between he and Daredevil

Yeah, but hey aren't going to do a random cutaway or scene where it's SHIELD saying "oh that's nothing, they can handle it". It'd be weird.

The main reason why I don't want ABC Marvel shows to connect with the Netflix ones is because they have two really different tones that don't really work together.

Well that's not what I meant. I meant the Netflix characters giving a reason of some kind, as I said with Jessica not bringing a mind controlling sociopath to the attention of the Avengers or SHIELD.

SHIELD's not regular government and they have access to information and secrets that federal agencies do not.
Legitimate law enforcement, pseudo law enforcement, same difference. The point is (as exemplified by the portrayal of the legal system in JJ) these organizations don't have credible proof to act on. Just rumor, speculation, victims who refuse to come for, and people lying about being victims. Just because it obvious to the audience does not mean it's obvious to the characters

Also in the case of SHIELD, that organization officially doesn't exist anymore and JJ most likely took place before the ATCU cover story. Sometimes as the audience we have to draw these conclusions ourselves. It's best not to bogged down the writers with every slight plot hole a fan base may obsess over and let them write the best story they can. They could make an entire episode dedicated to covering every plot hole, continuity error, or alternative possibilities that exist and that episode would be boring and lame. Just trust in the audience to understand and focus on the story.

Legitimate law enforcement, pseudo law enforcement, same difference. The point is (as exemplified by the portrayal of the legal system in JJ) these organizations don't have credible proof to act on. Just rumor, speculation, victims who refuse to come for, and people lying about being victims. Just because it obvious to the audience does not mean it's obvious to the characters

Also in the case of SHIELD, that organization officially doesn't exist anymore and JJ most likely took place before the ATCU cover story. Sometimes as the audience we have to draw these conclusions ourselves. It's best not to bogged down the writers with every slight plot hole a fan base may obsess over and let them write the best story they can. They could make an entire episode dedicated to covering every plot hole, continuity error, or alternative possibilities that exist and that episode would be boring and lame. Just trust in the audience to understand and focus on the story.

Which is why I stated it's not really make or break for me. It could fit in but it's far from necessary.

Matt he would fly under the radar as far as SHIELD/HYDRA goes because they wouldn't see him as a threat. However Daredevil even though in most people's eyes he is a threat and is a threat to the crime wave in Hell's Kitchen. Matt has more or less stayed out of all the Marvel events that surround Civil War because he is in another universe entirely even though they are a part of the same universe technically speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"