Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

Or it could be that the events of Civil War just *don't have anything to do with a guy beating up street crooks in the slums of NYC*.

Im getting anrgy because I dont see the scene where Daredevil swung on the billy club? What point in the episode did this happen or did theu cut it? End? Middle? BegginingIm getting anrgy because I dont see the scene where Daredevil swung on the billy club? What point in the episode did this happen or did theu cut it? End? Middle? Beggining

After decades now, Daredevil has not appeared in cartoon form. Does anyone here thinks that we should already have had at least a cartoon version of our Man Without Fear? He hasn't even appeared at least in an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man or Avengers Assemble. Punisher appeared in Super Hero Squad and got his own anime. Power Man and Iron Fist appeared in Avengers EMH. We saw Black Panther, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange in the cartoons.

Does anybody know if there is a reason for this?

Daredevils to interesting on his own for them . :funny:

Looks like we have some Hot Toys figures coming for Daredevil and Punisher. Hopefully Elektra follows shortly after...

If only I could justify buying one of those...

Very happy with the Hot Toys announcement, really tempted to get a Daredevil figure and maybe Punisher as well though he may get some costume revisions for his solo series. Also hoping that Hot Toys picks up the Defenders license.

Honestly I am going to wait on Daredevil because I'm hoping he gets some costume improvements for Defenders. There were improvements to the costume in season 2, but I wanted a little more.

The mask at least is now more red and has red lenses now at least.

So hopefully this is just a start of lots of Hot Toys collectibles for these shows.

Honestly I am going to wait on Daredevil because I'm hoping he gets some costume improvements for Defenders. There were improvements to the costume in season 2, but I wanted a little more.

The mask at least is now more red and has red lenses now at least.

So hopefully this is just a start of lots of Hot Toys collectibles for these shows.

I thought about that too but with a TV series budget, I'm skeptical they'll do a major overhaul of his costume for Defenders, especially when they're probably gonna spend more on VFX than the average solo Marvel NF show. Maybe some small tweaks here and there. The one thing I would really want is the DD logo, on that note I may actually just wait and see what they do in Defenders before pulling the trigger.

I thought about that too but with a TV series budget, I'm skeptical they'll do a major overhaul of his costume for Defenders, especially when they're probably gonna spend more on VFX than the average solo Marvel NF show. Maybe some small tweaks here and there. The one thing I would really want is the DD logo, on that note I may actually just wait and see what they do in Defenders before pulling the trigger.

How much could it really cost to get a DD symbol on the costume?

It has nothing to do with money. They probably just don't think it'd look good.

Really hoping they do an Elektra one...

Budget issue wasn't with adding a logo, it was with overhauling the costume.

I still think the S2 suit could use a bit more red, that's a change they can do that won't cost too much.

It's obviously not a budget issue. They changed the costume this season.

Budget issue wasn't with adding a logo, it was with overhauling the costume.

I still think the S2 suit could use a bit more red, that's a change they can do that won't cost too much.

I love that you think adding more red to it wouldn't cost too much... It would cost a lot more than adding a logo.

I still missed why they all suddenly started calling him Daredevil in the last episodes. Before then he's just been "the Devil" or "the Devil of Hells Kitchen" so it seemed out of nowhere.

I still missed why they all suddenly started calling him Daredevil in the last episodes. Before then he's just been "the Devil" or "the Devil of Hells Kitchen" so it seemed out of nowhere.

Last episode season 1. DD had just defeated the Kingpin as Mahoney arrives on the scene and sees him in the red suit. As DD is leaving he scales the fire escape using acrobatics as Mahoney looks on, implying that he (Mahoney) told the story to the New York Bulletin who then dubbed him "Daredevil", which Karen reads in the paper the very next scene.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Daily Bulletin had him dubbed as Daredevil in one of the last scenes of the 13th episode in season 1. The name just sort of stuck I suppose. Foggy even joked how that makes him sound like Evel Knievel or some such (paraphrasing).

A natural crossover could be Daisy on the run and she ends up in new York allowing for a crossover between any or all of the main characters of the Netflix show, I think the one best suited for it would be JJ as her powers are easy enough to do and you wouldn't be hurting her character by her having to be portrayed by pg fight choreographers like you would potentially be hurting daredevil by forcing him to be less brutal to fit into the constraints of network tv.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/tv/interview-jon-bernthal/

Great interview with Jon Bernthal about taking on the role, but one thing that stands out:

Q: What lies ahead for Frank and The Punisher?

A: [laughs] I have no idea. We are going to do a show with him next year. I’m really excited about that. We’ll have to see.

This might mean they are starting filming for Punisher next year. Note that the Defenders and JJ S2 are filming back-to-back, so JJ S2 will probably be the first series to come out after The Defenders.

I'm guessing that means The Punisher comes out after JJ S2 sometime in 2018. Or Bernthal is just implying he's going to show up in the Defenders (but one would think that things will pick up regarding the solo show after the announcement of the showrunner).

Well deserved. "New York's Finest" was actually my favourite episode of season 2. I do think that Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal should've gotten nominations, but it's no surprise that didn't happen.

Vince D'Onofrio still got snubbed for the first season, and I stand by that.

Bernthal absolutely deserved the nomination. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"