Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

I think the explanation for Matt surviving is going to be Elektra.

I'm expecting (and honestly hoping) that at max, it's a one scene cameo. I just feel like it makes more sense for Elektra to take a step back if they show her at all. I mean, during season 2, Matt was really just an accessory to Elektra's story instead of the other way around, which just made Matt's character worse.

So Charlie Cox said he'd want to, in some form or fashion, team up with Spider-Man, but also admitted that he never foresaw a possibility where that would ever happen. I tend to agree, and at least he acknowledged that.

To save you the time of going through an entire Collider video- I jumped around- the question comes in at the 41:36 mark.

[YT]f4o7W2oRsjs[/YT]

So Charlie Cox said he'd want to, in some form or fashion, team up with Spider-Man, but also admitted that he never foresaw a possibility where that would ever happen. I tend to agree, and at least he acknowledged that.

To save you the time of going through an entire Collider video- I jumped around- the question comes in at the 41:36 mark.

[YT]f4o7W2oRsjs[/YT]

I've watched a bunch of Charlie's convention appearances, and people really need to start asking some new questions. The poor guy must be bored telling the same story about Joe Stretcher 10 cons in a row. And I’m kinda tired of people asking things that have been asked a zillion times already, to the point that I'm like, "Can't these people just go on YouTube to watch videos of past cons?"

It'd be great if the attendees would bother to do research to see if their question has already been asked. And if the moderators would, y'know, screen these questions in advance.

This is all the more reason why I'd like to see Charlie Cox have some panels with Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson and/or Vincent D'Onofrio as co-interviewees, just so there's more variety in questions asked.

What was Charlie up to during that long hiatus (before he filmed the Defenders and then right after when there was a period before he started season 3)?

I'm surprised they didn't decide to release season 3 before Luke Cage season 2. Must have been quite a few DD fans whining about waiting.

Not really because he was one of the main guys in Defenders last year.

Also, think about this. Jessica Jones S1 was in 2015. We didn't get Season 2 until 2018. It was like two and a half years.

What was Charlie up to during that long hiatus (before he filmed the Defenders and then right after when there was a period before he started season 3)?
He spent part of that time (probably between filming The Defenders and Daredevil season 3) filming The King of Thieves, a heist film with Michael Caine and other "veteran" British actors. It's due to be released in the UK in September; not sure when it will be released in the US. The trailer is online here: https://vimeo.com/278146218

Not really because he was one of the main guys in Defenders last year.

Also, think about this. Jessica Jones S1 was in 2015. We didn't get Season 2 until 2018. It was like two and a half years.

True, but JJ wasn't the big name like DD was when the Netflix series began. If DD S3 drops in spring 2019 (it will have been 3 years since the last DD show).

Of course yes there is The Defenders.

He spent part of that time (probably between filming The Defenders and Daredevil season 3) filming The King of Thieves, a heist film with Michael Caine and other "veteran" British actors. It's due to be released in the UK in September; not sure when it will be released in the US. The trailer is online here: https://vimeo.com/278146218

Thanks for mentioning. Is it getting a big theatrical release?

The only information I could find about the release of The King of Thieves was the UK release date (September 14, 2018). But considering the popularity of heist flicks and the cast of this one - kind of a "who's who" of older British actors, plus Charlie as "the young bloke" - I would expect it to be released in the US (and elsewhere), too.

I'm surprised they didn't decide to release season 3 before Luke Cage season 2. Must have been quite a few DD fans whining about waiting.

I think that it had to do with every actor's availability. I'm hoping that Daredevil comes out maybe around November 16th, since anything after that is likely going to piss off Daredevil fans. Yes, The Defenders could be considered as "Daredevil season 2.5", but it'll have been two and a half years since season 2 when season 3 is released.

That shows a pitfall of having to juggle five shows. It'd be nice if the shows could have a regular release schedule where they all come out roughly around the same time every year. Because for the people who are only following Daredevil, the wait is pretty terrible.

True, but JJ wasn't the big name like DD was when the Netflix series began. If DD S3 drops in spring 2019 (it will have been 3 years since the last DD show).

Of course yes there is The Defenders.

The show was still a huge show and got rave reviews and even a Peabody award. I don't think S3 is coming out in 2019. I believe it's 2018.

[YT]f4o7W2oRsjs[/YT]

It was just a hypothetical situation. It's meaningless at the end of the day. Netflix shows and MCU are never going to cross over.

Bums me out neither the film or TV division can work things out.

I've moved on over the matter. At first I was excited, then I got annoyed, and now I've moved on. It's a waste of energy to get emotional about it at this point. I just try to enjoy all the shows we have.

The Netflix shows sort of pay homage to the fact they are set in the MCU. However, the Netflix shows are basically irrelevant to the movies. That's simply the reality. It's not changing anytime soon. So I accepted it and moved on.

The show was still a huge show and got rave reviews and even a Peabody award. I don't think S3 is coming out in 2019. I believe it's 2018.

Huge critical success, but not huge ratings success. I'd not be shocked if more saw Iron Fist than JJ.

I'm not knocking JJ though as I loved it. But she'd be the least popular among the 4. Well maybe not now (since IF was a huge flop for fans).

Huge critical success, but not huge ratings success. I'd not be shocked if more saw Iron Fist than JJ.

I'm not knocking JJ though as I loved it. But she'd be the least popular among the 4. Well maybe not now (since IF was a huge flop for fans).

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/m...rs-jessica-jones-is-about-as-big-as-quantico/

Incorrect. Granted, Netflix never releases official viewership figures.

Jessica Jones averaged 4.8 million viewers over 35 days after its launch. That report is from January 2006.

Also those numbers came from a firm that was hired out by NBCUniversal to examine how Netflix wasn't going to kill traditional network TV. So if anything, those numbers could be diminished by a competitor.

Their reasoning for it is what annoys me most.

It's best not to dwell on it anymore at this point. It won't change unless there are major shakeups at Marvel and Disney and there is finally some sort of will power to see crossover between TV divisions and MCU.

But you know what guys? Honestly, there are benefits to this deal.

Think about it. Marvel Netflix get to tell darker, more mature and adult stories in their corner of the MCU. So we can get a break from the more charming family friendlier stories of the MCU and get something grittier and darker when we need it.

That's another problem I see. How do you bring those darker stories and characters over without their being a clash of styles and disconnect?

You can't exactly have Jessica Jones meeting teenage Spidey and it going like this:

Spidey: Hi there ma'am. I'm Spider-Man.

Jessica: You look like a dukeebag wearing a bodystocking.

Spidey: *Nervous laugh* So...uh...what's your deal?

Jessica: My best friend and adopted sister murdered my mother who I found out was still alive almost 20 years after I was in a horrendous accident that killed the rest of my family and left me with godforsaken powers. Also, my mother became a deranged psychopath with the same powers as me who murdered my boyfriend and a boatload of other people. I was raped by a deviant who can brainwash people within five feet of him and forced to murder the wife of a man I later spied on and had an affair with. Also, I put down about five bottles of whatever liquor I can get my hands on a day. What's your deal? Got bit by a radioactive spider? Boohoo and cry me a river you wallcrawling wannabe.

It's best not to dwell on it anymore at this point. It won't change unless there are major shakeups at Marvel and Disney and there is finally some sort of will power to see crossover between TV divisions and MCU.

But you know what guys? Honestly, there are benefits to this deal.

Think about it. Marvel Netflix get to tell darker, more mature and adult stories in their corner of the MCU. So we can get a break from the more charming family friendlier stories of the MCU and get something grittier and darker when we need it.

That's another problem I see. How do you bring those darker stories and characters over without their being a clash of styles and disconnect?

You can't exactly have Jessica Jones meeting teenage Spidey and it going like this:

Spidey: Hi there ma'am. I'm Spider-Man.

Jessica: You look like a dukeebag wearing a bodystocking.

Spidey: *Nervous laugh* So...uh...what's your deal?

Jessica: My best friend and adopted sister murdered my mother who I found out was still alive almost 20 years after I was in a horrendous accident that killed the rest of my family and left me with godforsaken powers. Also, my mother became a deranged psychopath with the same powers as me who murdered my boyfriend and a boatload of other people. I was raped by a deviant who can brainwash people within five feet of him and forced to murder the wife of a man I later spied on and had an affair with. Also, I put down about five bottles of whatever liquor I can get my hands on a day. What's your deal? Got bit by a radioactive spider? Boohoo and cry me a river you wallcrawling wannabe.

That's very true!

Which would also get in the way of any Daredevil/Spider-Man team-ups. Especially when Wilson Fisk is concerned, because the stuff he does in the show (like decapitating Anatoly with a car door) wouldn't work out in the lighter fare of the movies.

Thor and her will get along just fine.

Which would also get in the way of any Daredevil/Spider-Man team-ups. Especially when Wilson Fisk is concerned, because the stuff he does in the show (like decapitating Anatoly with a car door) wouldn't work out in the lighter fare of the movies.

My contention has been that this Kingpin can't meet Spider-Man. If this Fisk did meet Spider-Man...he would actually try to squash him. There wouldn't be any upbeat shenanigans.

Then he would go to Aunt May's house and probably have her brutally tortured and killed.

PB36Ns5.jpg

Thor and her will get along just fine.

LOL. After Jessica Jones humiliates Spidey, Thor will be all like, hold my beer!

Thor: I resurrected a demon from the Underworld to kill my own sister and willingly enabled that same demon to turn my homeland into stardust. In short, I basically destroyed my entire world. Also, my failing to kill Thanos let him wipe out half the Universe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"