Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Kitty's in this, I hope Colossus is too so they can stop the love triangle and pair them up while Rogue goes with Bobby.

So if I reading y'all correctly: XM: 1st C will be the new timeline,but it will not start from the 60's,but closer to our timeline and we will have the correct characters?
:doh:

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that FOX is going to reboot the franchise by creating an alternate timeline.

FOX had the opportunity to reboot the franchise with First Class and opted not to do so, and it's ridiculous to think that they'd then turn around and use the sequel to FC to do what they could've done with FC but chose not to.

I just want to say how cool it is to be discussing a SEVENTH X-Men film.

When X-Men came out in 2000 (i saw it 6x in theaters) I never would've thought we'd make it to this point.

As an X-Men fan since I was a kid in the 80's, i'm just very thankful.

I love this movie series adaptation, warts and all.

Halle is a bigger star and she has not yet been announced as a returning cast member. May be Storm won't be in it at all. I think there is a chance that Havok and Banshee will return. They are not major stars, so they will not get the treatment like others do.

Well Shawn Ashmore and his character was not a major star too (well in the movies) but he still got an announcement from Bryan Singer's twitter account.

10 years after. I think they will diss Banshee, Havok, Riptide and Angel Salvatore.
I want Banshee back !!!!!!!!

Agreed. I don't want to see Banshee or Havok go, especially Banshee, but I could not care less about Angel or Riptide. I'm curious to know if Moira is a casualty of the 11 year time jump, too.

I wonder if the Wolverine seen in this movie is not the one from the future, but the one that McAvoy and Fassbender encountered in XM:FC who told them to go **** themselves.

That would mean that whoever is involved trying to save the future would need to convince him to join his/her/their cause decades before Professor X managed to convince him in X1.

IMO that would be a waste of the Days of Future Past story. One of the best parts imo was an older rugged Logan through the streets of dystopian Sentinel occupied future. And then getting obliterated by one.

IMO that would be a waste of the Days of Future Past story. One of the best parts imo was an older rugged Logan through the streets of dystopian Sentinel occupied future. And then getting obliterated by one.

That can still happen early on, but maybe the time traveller meets the younger version of him in the 70s, since the older one has already been obliterated.

As long as that happens I'm all for whatever else happens. I'd really like either Xavier to have a mind swap or Kitty to physically travel through time.

I don't really like the Xavier mind swap. Who is supposed to play the main part then in the past? Stewart or McAvoy?

Better for Kitty to travel through time. However, it might be a bit boring for audiences with only one time traveller. If they took a page out of Star Trek: First Contact or ST: The Voyage Home, they could have several people going back in time. It would allow for more group interaction and fish out of water scenarios. Maybe Kitty, Rogue and Iceman could go back, and they meet with the FC cast and the younger Wolverine.

Or maybe Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Stewart Prof X and McKellan Mags go back (or are swept back in time)? That way McAvoy and Fassbender can interact with Stewart and McKellan.

Ha we keep disagreeing because I don't think it would be great to have the young X/M interact with their older versions. That's just me though, I think it would be convoluted. I wouldn't mind a group of people going back in time though. I think having Ellen Page as Kitty stuck in the 70s could be humorous.

Well Shawn Ashmore and his character was not a major star too (well in the movies) but he still got an announcement from Bryan Singer's twitter account.

I'm thinking her character was killed in the dystopian future.

Ha we keep disagreeing because I don't think it would be great to have the young X/M interact with their older versions. That's just me though, I think it would be convoluted.

Well, it would be a little like older Spock interacting with younger Spock in Star Trek 2009.

I wouldn't mind a group of people going back in time though. I think having Ellen Page as Kitty stuck in the 70s could be humorous.

True, but it wouldn't be as humorous if she's all there by herself. It's better if she has a couple of sounding boards, like Rogue and Ice-Man, who also share her distaste for 70s fashion.

Plus if they're getting Anna Paquin back, then she can't just have a cameo. I want to see her, Ellen Page and Jennifer Lawrence all acting opposite one another.

And somehow I see Lawrence Mystique getting in on the main action, just because of her star power. I can't see that Ellen Page is going to be the star vehicle if you have Lawrence in the cast, with Lawrence just relegated to a supporting character.

If Xavier is there to give voice instructions to Lawrence, Page and Paquin, this could be the X-Men version of Charlie's Angels. :woot: Since it's set in the 70s, they'll even have the correct period clothing of the original series. Lawrence can have the Farrah hairstyle, while Page and Paquin can decide between themselves whether to be Kate Jackson or Jaclyn Smith.

remembering that ian and patrick are in this film too

i wouldn't hold your breath that it will be characters time traveling back in time tho

I like the idea of sending Kitty back to the 70s - and maybe one more! We don't want the past to get too crowded with mutants. While Kitty is back, the old gang will be fighting for survival in present time.. This will finally allow characters like Rogue and Iceman to show their worth and some skills. Yes - i want to see some ice slide action!
I'm kind of tempted by the thought of having Colossus sacrifice himself in the beginning of the movie. The team is under attack by sentinels and he risks his life in order to save the others. While awesomely destroying some sentinels, he gets badly hurt and in his final moments he convince Rogue to touch him, letting her absorb his super strength. Something like that! This sacrifice is very inline with comic book Colossus' personality and character traits, and it also gives us the opportunity for some hardcore Rogue/Wolverine team up.

What makes people think Rogue will just absorb Colossus's super strength though, and not his ability to turn into metal? Why will it be just the strength aspect of his powers that she gains (just because it looks more aesthetically pleasing)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"